Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-11-20, 02:11 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Katie!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 07:43 AM  
Vantreesta

I made it home yesterday. Feeling very tired and not up for talking. Looking forward to resuming normal walks. I'll start working on decluttering again when I feel up to it, maybe today, maybe not till next week.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-18-20, 10:27 AM  
sherry7899

Vantreesa-sending hugs to you. I am so sorry

I decluttered and organized my pantry last week. I do that every so often, but I still find expired things in there! I had almond flour that I bought several years ago to make a dessert for a vegan friend. It smelled odd, so I had to trash it. I also found a jar of tahini, so I'll be making homemade hummus this week.

I will be giving away a bunch of stuff when I can see my sister again. She loves Leslie Sansone workouts. I never use mine anymore, so I am giving her most of mine, plus stuff from Leslie's walking kits-a weighted belt, two sets of wrist weights filled with sand and a set of weighted balls. She will be happy to use them, and I will be glad for the space. I am going to keep the weighted gloves since I may use those someday. I am debating on keeping my ankle weights or not. I haven't used them in eons, but I might if I get back to Margaret Richard floorwork. I offered to give her dvds of other instructors, but she is happy with just Leslie. I can't imagine only using one instructor, but I'm a vidiot

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 02:31 PM  
Vantreesta

Thank you, Sherry!

When I was at my dad's we cleaned out the pantry, fridges and freezers and had to throw out about half the food bc it was way outdated. He mostly grills and my mom hadn't cooked or baked for over a year so there was a lot that needed to go. I need to throw out some stuff here now since I was gone a month and hubby didn't use it. I hate to dump out half a gallon of milk but I'm not using it!

Old 05-22-20, 01:15 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

after I don't know how many months of having old shipping boots (for a horse) laying around my barn (my mare detests them) I posted them to a fb group. A good friend wanted them! Another mutual good friend picked them up today and will deliver. win-win! baby steps!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 10:27 PM  
fanofladyvols

eventmom good for you...isn't it the way how some things seem heavier the longer they hang around?

Vantreesta you have done so well and your mom would be proud I'm sure of all you have already done. Do what you can, and just take a breath and give yourself time to adjust. No one can get it all done right away. Thinking of you and sending up a prayer for you and your dad.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 10:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Thank you so much for your kind words, prayers and support, Linda. That means so much to me. It's been a rough week for me and I needed to hear that.

Old 05-29-20, 09:15 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, I hope you are doing okay. Thinking of you often!

Our thrift store opened up again early May so I was able to get a large box to them with a variety of things hopefully others will find useful. I've got A LOT of Martha Stewart Living magazines from years ago when I had a subscription. I saved them all on the shelf of a end table but thankfully, the thrift shop said they would take them. Our recycling center doesn't take magazines any more. I love the creativity in them but never really did the ideas and having the space available for other things is more important at this point.

Ebay continues to be pretty successful for me with hobby stuff, books and recently sold a pair of capri pants that still have tags. I did lose some weight(yay me!) and now they are too big but they never fit quite right anyway. Can't help but wonder if more people are selling/buying there since Covid.

Eventmom, nice to finally get the shipping boots a new home. That's how I felt about the Capri pants. Finally!

We did a pretty good clean out of our lazy susan and refrigerator for expired things. We didn't have a lot but still nice to get rid of what we did. Those two spots should be pretty good for a while.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 02:04 PM  
BunnyHop

Anybody read Gretchen Rubin's book ? Outer order, inner calm : declutter & organize to make more room for happiness

I just started it and so far I like the tone of the thing.

In general clutter-suppression efforts, I managed to get all the cookbooks and cooking related books in one room. Got up on to the top shelf in the back closet and everything. Now begins the sorting, purging and organizing.
Old 06-17-20, 09:35 PM  
Vantreesta

My dad was here for a few days and brought more of my mom's stuff that I want to keep so I will be working on finding places for all that. A couple of the books I kept are on decluttering.

I mailed off a duplicate workout DVD today so it's nice to give it a new home with someone from VF.

Tags
de-clutter, declutter, decluttering, downsizing, minimalist, minimizing