Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-17-19, 08:52 PM  
DebnPhx
VF Supporter

Raviana Yoga Has Helped My Migraines

Hello everyone! I’m posting in case there are other VFers who endure migraines that might find this helpful.

I’ve had migraines for years and years, ever since we moved to the arid heat of Phoenix. Even with prescription medication they’ve been hard to manage at times.

Raviana has a headache routine on their Quick Fixes that seems to help, but they have a newer stream on their website called Oh My Healthy Back that has many of the same moves. I’m really astounded, but it’s worked every time for my headaches even when nothing else will.

Migraines are miserable so I wanted to pass this on. Their website is Raviana-yogastreams.com. Or you can get Quick Fixes on Amazon.
DebnPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-19, 09:36 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

thanks.

did you get relief the first time you used the practice? I've used in several times (and other kundalini headache practices), but it never shifted mine. wondering if it took multiple times before you found relief.

thanks in advance.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-19, 09:40 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

That's great, DebnPhx!

I actually started yoga back in 2001 in hopes that it would help my migraines. I don't think it did, but I liked it anyway--I'm a yoga teacher now, LOL.

I did like the Headache Helper segment from QF and still do those moves sometimes when I'm having neck pain related to migraine. Yoga can be soothing for me when I have a migraine, but once the migraine pain hits, the only thing I have found to make it go away is my prescription meds.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-19, 07:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I just love success stories, especially when it's my favorite teachers who helped. Finding a natural mechanism for coping with a health problem is a wonderful thing.

I often use Headache Helper for tension headaches and it works like a charm. Thank you for sharing, Deb.

I haven't tried their streaming yet, is Oh My Healthy Back new material or is it sections from their DVDs?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-19, 07:55 AM  
Karla25

I used to suffer from debilitating migraines on most days until I joined the Migraine Strong, -Migraine Diets, Healthy Living and More FB group. Weather is a contributing factor to migraines. However, I learned diet can be a major contributor to debilitating migraines. They have a food list (from Heal Your Headache) to avoid in their files section. Some common food triggers are freshly baked bread, bananas, citrus, chocolate, msg and caffeine. Changing my diet has greatly improved my life. I rarely have migraines anymore. When I do have one, I usually trace it to the cause. For example, having pizza on a rainy day will usually trigger a migraine since weather is also one of my triggers.

What average person would guess things like pizza, candy bars and soda could cause a migraine? I previously didn’t have a clue.

I also highly recommend the book Heal Your Headache by David Buchholtz, M.D. You’ll find the food list there as well as other information that will help you understand what triggers a migraine.
Old 07-18-19, 11:37 AM  
Hsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I used to suffer from debilitating migraines on most days until I joined the Migraine Strong, -Migraine Diets, Healthy Living and More FB group. Weather is a contributing factor to migraines. However, I learned diet can be a major contributor to debilitating migraines. They have a food list (from Heal Your Headache) to avoid in their files section. Some common food triggers are freshly baked bread, bananas, citrus, chocolate, msg and caffeine. Changing my diet has greatly improved my life. I rarely have migraines anymore. When I do have one, I usually trace it to the cause. For example, having pizza on a rainy day will usually trigger a migraine since weather is also one of my triggers.

What average person would guess things like pizza, candy bars and soda could cause a migraine? I previously didn’t have a clue.

I also highly recommend the book Heal Your Headache by David Buchholtz, M.D. You’ll find the food list there as well as other information that will help you understand what triggers a migraine.
I would like to add my recommendation for this book! It has helped me tremendously. This book is brilliant because it explains how the triggers actually work. Caffeine and alcohol are the major avoidable triggers for me.
I keep trying to get my daughter to read this book but she won't. I think the biggest reason is that she doesn't want to acknowledge that caffeine is a headache trigger. She loves coffee.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-19, 05:43 PM  
dmlarue1

Food triggers definitely affect my migraines. I cant do caffeine at all. Chocolate started last year. And recently I had one after wine.
Also for me being dehydrated, stress and any type of.flickering or pulsing light
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-19, 03:43 PM  
muggle

This thread is just in time for me. I’ve spent most of July with a migraine!! I don’t like taking the meds everyday. I ordered the book right away! Thank you!!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-19, 03:51 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
This thread is just in time for me. I’ve spent most of July with a migraine!! I don’t like taking the meds everyday. I ordered the book right away! Thank you!!
muggle, I'm so sorry to hear that; I have had weeks like this. There are a lot of supplements you can try to if you don't like prescription meds--I believe that is covered in the book as well.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 10:06 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebnPhx View Post
Hello everyone! I’m posting in case there are other VFers who endure migraines that might find this helpful.

I’ve had migraines for years and years, ever since we moved to the arid heat of Phoenix. Even with prescription medication they’ve been hard to manage at times.

Raviana has a headache routine on their Quick Fixes that seems to help, but they have a newer stream on their website called Oh My Healthy Back that has many of the same moves. I’m really astounded, but it’s worked every time for my headaches even when nothing else will.

Migraines are miserable so I wanted to pass this on. Their website is Raviana-yogastreams.com. Or you can get Quick Fixes on Amazon.
Thanks for the recommendation :-) I did the headache practice along with some of the other practices this morning. I think they’re effective. I didn’t realize how shallow my breathing was until I tried the Minute Breath practice. It was tough! I’m definitely incorporating it into a regular rotation.

Tags
migraine, migraines, raviana