Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-24-13, 05:00 AM  
ellaenchanted

CLX with bands?

Has anyone done the program with bands instead of weights? I want to do another rotation of CLX but I was thinking of doing it with bands for a new twist.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-13, 06:35 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

It's been a while since I've done CLX but I remember that month 2 - was it strength? worked really well with the bands. The first month had more compound moves and I don't like doing compound moves with bands.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-13, 08:15 AM  
txfitmom

I have done a rotation of CLX just using bands. I actually liked CLX even more when I did this. I felt like my core was activated more. I highly recommend trying it. I have started to realize more and more that you really don't have to use weights to achieve strength. I also like to mix and match her CLX workouts with her Turbo Fire strength workouts which use bands for variety.

I may do another rotation of CLX with bands soon and I am going to track my results to see how many inches I lose.

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-13, 10:38 AM  
ellaenchanted

Thank you for your replies!

Did you find set up w/ the bands easy or was it fussy?

Also, did you use very heavy bands? I was wondering if I could use was I have or whether I would need to buy band sw/ a lot of tension. I've only done CLX w/ weights and used up to 60lbs for lower body.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-13, 01:07 PM  
txfitmom

I found it fairly easy to set up the moves with the bands. There is one backgrounder showing how to set up the exercises. The trick is to make sure you are using the correct band and tension for the band as well. Sometimes you can just increase the tension a little bit before jumping to a more difficult band. I think I only had two bands that I used, but I am pretty much a wimp when it comes to upper body moves.

I would recommend using bands that have a long length to them. Some bands don't reach as far overhead (that is a total pet peeve of mine).

There was one move that I found a little bit tricky to do with the bands. They showed the backgrounder I think with her feet wrapped around the bands for a move where you are doing a squat and then lifting your hip and leg up to the side, but I just tried to stand on the band and lift it up that way, of course the band kept popping off. I would suggest just following how they have it set up. You may have to pause the DVD or be off count with the exercises a little when switching from side to side, but not a big deal.

I would try a run through of one of the CLX workouts with what bands you have and just make note if it feels like they are adequate or not. Most likely each week you can reassess and change your bands if need be, but from my experience it is not as easy to move up in bands as it is to move up in weights.

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-13, 01:20 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

IRRC, there is a tutorial on how to use the bands with all the exercises in one of the DVD's.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clx