Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-15-22, 07:52 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies-I Don't Know About You, But I Don't Have Any More Passwords in Me. 5/15

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-22, 08:08 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Another beautiful day here! The opera was good last night, but frankly, I was drowsing in the second half that went to 11 pm! So much for my 9 pm sleepy time . Yesterday I did work on attaching the trim on my outdoor swing that the squirrels knocked off and hopefully it will last me the summer! The swing looks good right now! I gorilla glued the trim, screwed it on, then nailed extra long trim nails into it. Gus didn't eat much yesterday - about half of a bowl while we were eating lunch together, but he didn't eat the rest while we were at the opera. Glad the poor guy still has an iron bladder for the evening he spent alone.

Today Adelija is planning on going to her boyfriend's house to work with his mom to make sure the prom dress fits well (Came over Amazon). I'll be walking Gus and then stopping by my Latvian church to drop off a bag of Latvian things I have - they are having a Latvian rummage sale in about two weeks. Otherwise planning on putzing and doing my laundry.

Laura, hope you're gone because you're celebrating!

Paula, glad the plane is fine! I'm surprised the tug is something you have to buy - not something the airport provides as equipment in the hangar. Do you travel with one or have one available when you land elsewhere? Glad your plane is OK!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 05-15-22, 06:42 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. Friday was a crazed day getting ready for the training session I had. It went find and I was so tired afterward. Last week was just crazed and it caught up with me. I had a nice birthday yesterday. We went over to Mom and Dad's for lunch. Dad made linguini with white clam sauce (one of my favorites) and iron skillet chocolate cake (sort of like a Texas sheet cake - definitely a favorite ). It was a nice time. After we got home, DH and I hung out and we called our niece whose birthday was yesterday as well. It was nice to catch up with her.

Today, I did some cooking and that was about it. I needed another lazy day I'm ready to get over my tiredness.

Paula - It's good you have a group you can get together with to sew.

Anita - It's good that you can manage Gus' condition until the surgery. Congrats on having warm days!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-22, 08:36 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 20 Walking with Weights and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Grocery and food prep day for us.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. I LOVE the theme because it is oh so true in my life. Good work on the swing. Poor Gus, I hope he starts feeling better soon. I guess you said he needed to lose weight but still. Glad you enjoyed the opera. I'd be like you - asleep in the second half. Hope Adelija is happy with the dress - I guess some alterations are needed, since her boyfriends mother is helping her with the dress. Have you seen it? Did you like it. No the airport doesn't supply tugs with the hangar. They supply nothing with the hangar except electricity, anything and everything else do supply yourself. You've probably seen pictures of hangars, basically a big garage and like a garage everything in it is supplied by us. We do not take it with us when we fly, we don't have space in the plane. When we get where we're going, we move the plane ourselves with body strength. Usually we don't have to move it far. Sometimes, but rarely, if we are leaving the plane overnight at an airport they will have a tug and move the plane for us, one of the services that comes with the overnight fee.

Laura, glad your training session went well even if it was exhausting. Yay on the lovely birthday celebration with family. I hope you took today for some rest and relaxation.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 07:49 AM  
sciencelady

Good? morning!

It's a beautiful day, so that part is good, but Gus further hurt his knee trying to get into bed last night so he is very lame today . I don't know if he'll be able to do the stairs to the back yard. I did get up and take a few pictures of the eclipsed moon last night, but frankly, the iPod doesn't take very good pictures of darkness in the dark . Today, I'll see if Gus can do any walk or even get to the back yard down stairs. Edit: I did call the vet this morning and got him in to the clinic for an evaluation. I've got nothing scheduled for today other than maybe Spades tonight. I might make a grocery run. I did a donation run to Goodwill also.

Laura, glad you had a good birthday celebration! I can relate to this passwords frenzy also - geez, some places are having me change passwords every three months!

Paula, I haven't seen Adelija's dress yet, just a picture of what she ordered. Last week, she got two small packages delivered here - glad they weren't the dress as the packages were so light that it could only hold a Barbie dress! Adelija is resourceful finding help with the dress, but I feel left out of this process for her .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 05-16-22, 02:31 PM  
sciencelady

I got a call from the vet - both hind legs have full cruciate tears now - he can't walk without any support . If he has surgery the earliest would be late July . I'm having him put to sleep at 3 pm. Adelija will meet me at the clinic for that. This day sucks. I've been crying on and off all day.
Old 05-16-22, 02:45 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Anita - I was lurking and read your post. I'm so sorry about Gus. Words can't help anything. Hugs from afar!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 03:15 PM  
Vantreesta

Anita, I am so very sorry about Gus. That is a heart-pain that will take time to heal. Sending you hugs and prayers.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 04:16 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Anita, I'm filled with sadness about Gus and I'm so sorry. I know how much he meant to you. ((HUGS))
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 07:34 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Oh, Anita. {{{Hugs}}}. I'm so sorry that the end came so suddenly today. Cry whatever tears you want.

Today went by pretty quickly. I went to the gym with Dad this morning and then came home to take a shower. It's good I had time because I met a new client at a Starbucks between my house and his house on the other side of the city. He had a Word document that he needed help with and I think he got his questions answered. This evening I'm catching up on computer stuff.

Anita - I'm sorry that Adelija left you out of the dress process. It seems like it would be fun.

Paula - Yeah, I cooked some, but DH did a lot of the food prep for it. Other than that, yesterday was a rest day. Today, I felt more back to normal and had a sort of laid-back busy-ish day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote