Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-19-22, 12:43 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

5/16 - 3.3 mile run, different path/road this time.
dog walk
5/17 - dog walk and mowed
5/18 - dog walk
Jessica's 1 Mile Ab Walk
30 Min. PZ Endurance Ride w/ Dennis Morton
5 Min. Post Ride Stretch w/ Emma Lovewell

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 07:44 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Sorry Lili!

Didn't mean to leave you all alone here. Tried a few times to pop in and post, but just didn't do it. Here I am! Here I am! (I think I have post event let down) ..... But here I am!

Lili: THANK YOU so much for posting and keeping us going.

Helen: Waves!

me, me and all me ...

5/12/2022: YoYo Ma ride with Christine

9/13/2022: Rest Day
9/14/2022: Rest day

9/15/2022: Bloomin Metric (65 miles) in CT. Left at 4:20 a.m. for a 7:00 a.m. start!!!

9/16/2022: Lane Break & Stretch

9/17/2022: Rest day

9/18/2022: Fleetwood Mac Ride with Emma Lovewell, Post ride stretch

5/19/2022: Rest day

Again, the rest days are there (adding up). :: shrugs shoulders :: It's ok.

The Bloomin Metric was fun. I met one of my Peloton Facebook group buddies. But his pace was far too fast for me. (I knew it would be). We rode the first 8 miles together, did our obligatory selfie so the group knows we both exist and parted ways. I was fine riding alone. But, as luck would have it -- I was leap frogging with this one man. We ended up riding just about all the remaining 60 miles together !!! We were pretty evenly matched (speedwise) and sometimes he was way ahead, sometimes I was way ahead. But it was fun. He was a local, pointing out his house, the houses of the stars (Susan Sarandon, Paul Newman, mentioning that the singer Meatloaf had lived there before passing, and Mick Jagger lives there!!!) and where everyone ate. A little bit of my own personal tour guide and it was great!!!!! Never got his name. But I know he's married, he has 2 daughters, their ages, saw prom pictures, and what he does for a living. We talked about offices & hiring problems. Getting reliable help, all that good stuff. We (or at least *I*) had a great time. Made a new friend and got outside and did an organized ride (Which was a goal for myself this summer). "Check" that box off for 2022.

I won't say it was easy. It was the first of the season, didn't plan all my nutrition properly, had a lot of issues with cramps (my quads seized up at one point. BOTH TOGETHER at mile 53. ) Many calf cramps. Forgot my salt tablets. But, I finished and I had fun!!! Rethinking my Lighthouse tour though. Thinking maybe the metric is a plenty long enough distance vs. the 100 miles ... we'll see. I have time to think on that. Still gives me time to enjoy the sights AND have a good ride. I'm thinking on that!!!! Nothing to prove to anyone. (Again, the partner I rode with was a blessing, plopped down there for me to ride with ... Making me realize that JUST being out there was achievement enough! Yep. So grateful to have found him during the ride.)

I always have "after event" let downs. and this time was no exception. add to that shorthandedness at work (Due to covid), covid on the uptick (we're in the red again) and all that .... just made it almost worse. But, I am coming out the other side !!!!

I also went to see the Downton Abbey movie (A New Era) on Wed. (a sneak preview) with a friend from my old office. We had dinner, an ice cream cone and then the movie. It was a WONDERFUL night out. I did enjoy the movie. (I had set my expectations very low - therefore, I was thrilled.) Now I can go back to facebook and UNsnooze all my DA groups. I didn't want to read ANY spoilers.

The Fleetwood Mac ride? Was good. I have to revisit it when I'm not nearly as tired. I was going to bow out of pickleball today, but I think I will go. The outside air, the sunshine, the vitamin D, the people. . . All stuff I need to help the mood. I know that. I just need to do that.

And there you have it. On recess from Power Zone challenge, need to come up with a plan and that's my story.

Waves to all.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-22, 03:16 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Wow, Cleda, sounds like you had a great ride! So nice to ride with someone from the area and get so much local info along with the company. No pressure to do the century, you've learned what you are comfortable doing and you have nothing to gain by killing yourself.
As for the Covid surge, we are feeling it here, too. I haven't gone anywhere in advance of my son's 2nd wedding, knowing I didn't want to spread it unintentionally.

DS1, who had a micro wedding last May, renewed their vows with a larger reception yesterday. It was a beautiful event at Tyler Arboretum, where they had hiked on an early date. It was supposed to be an outdoor ceremony with dinner under a tent, but a downpour right before moved the ceremony inside. My SIL was the officiant, and it was such a lovely personal ceremony.

5/19 - dog walk and gardening. I was re-potting many of my large outdoor pots and between lifting pots, digging, etc., it felt like a full on workout!
5/20 - KCM's Trim Down #2
5/21 - recuperating from too many days of not enough sleep!

Old 05-23-22, 08:10 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

5/22 - dog walk & gardening
20 Min. Weights for Runners w/ Becs Gentry
20 Min. Soft Rock Walk w/ Selena

Old 05-24-22, 04:34 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Not getting behind this week

She says hopefully!!!!

Waves to all. Going to just check in and check back later (I have a bunch to get done before work.)

9/20/2022: 2 hours of Pickleball, Rowed 20 mins.

9/21/2022: walked at the park for 3 hours (Pokemone Go). It was unseasonably hot this weekend (in the 90s) So much so that I passed on playing Pickleball on Sunday! There is no shade and it was just too hot, too fast.

5/22/2022: Row 20 mins, 5 mins. row cool down, Lanebreak (they came out with some new mixes - I did a "landslide" ~ fleetwood mac cool down and 15 mins. pop), 30 mins. 2 for 1 Harry Styles ride (With Emma Lovewell and Ally Love)., 10 mins. Cool down ride with Ben Alldis, PRS, 20 mins. Glutes & Legs with Callie, 5 mins. core with Emma

5/23/2022: 30 mins. CDE Dear Evan Hanson ride, 20 mins. reflection ride (also CDE), 5 mins. PRS, 45 mins. outdoor walk in the p.m.

I'm back! Recovered from the ride and determined to make the rest of May a good month and carry over to June & July!

I enjoyed the Dear Evan Hanson ride & the Harry Styles ride. The Emma and Ally seemed to be having a blast doing the ride together.

I finally got the list of Ally's Sundays With Love printed out and laminated. It's in the workout room, so now I know which virtue is with which class. (But it doesn't include Season 3.) I hope to go through all of those again. So many rides, so little time.

Ok, gotta go get ready for the day.
Cleda
Old 05-24-22, 07:34 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda is back and crushing it! It was way too hot this weekend, especially for May!

5/23 - 3.27 mile run, a little quicker pace this week! Plus push-ups.

Waves to Helen! After watching every season of The Great British Baking Show, and most of The Great Canadian Baking Show, we have just started watching The Great Australian Baking Show. Unfortunately, it's on YouTube and only a few episodes are on there. Hopefully, more will be on soon.

Old 05-25-22, 06:27 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

5/24 - relaxed hike with the Trail Club (too slow, but good to be out with other people)
Cathe's Stacked Sets: Lower
dog walk and gardening

Old 05-27-22, 07:26 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Lili: Not sure how much I'm crushing it, but I'm semi-back! thanks for the support.

Waves to Helen!

On to me, me and all me ....

Now where am I??

5/24/2022: Sweat Row (20 mins) and 5 mins. cool down ride, 20 mins. Rebounding Bellicon**

5/25/2022: 30 mins. 80s ride with Bradley rose + 15 mins. low impact ride (Bradley Rose) and PRS

5/26/2022: REST DAY ... just because

** I get so annoyed with Bellicon and always have (I've whined here ridiculously so about it.) I signed in on my ipad, to my account, which renewed for the year. I started a new bounce because they have so many for me to choose from. I want to branch out. This one looked good. I got "x" amount of time into it and got that stupid message: "Please sign in or join" blah, blah, blah. . I was ALREADY signed in ... I was aggrevated to say the least. I ended up going back out of that workout and into one of my regular stand by ones with Jeremy and it worked/played just fine the entire time. I love Bellicon, HATE their technology side of it. Now I probably have to figure out WHY this happens and it will involve an email and they will pretty much tell me it's operator error (which maybe it is, but why do the SAVED ones work and not the new ones I click on??? I don't sign out or sign in again?) So very, very very frustrating (as I complain all the time). I just want it to work. I feel stupid paying $50 a year to use the same videos over and over .... it's like renting them. It just renewed, so I have to make this work or (for real this time!) I'm going to cancel.

\rant

I adore Bradley Rose, but this was NOT the 80s ride I meant to pick. Ha! so silly. The one I had picked had ALL songs I liked/knew. This one had a few. Still ok, just not what I thought it would be.

for 3 days in a row, I had clothes packed and ready to stop at the park and walk after work and for 3 days the Universe had different ideas for me. It's been a frustrating week for me (can you tell?)

I did end up getting a refurbed Ipod. I like to use the ipod (and not my phone). The old one wouldn't hold a charge. I'm now in the process of transferring the music/stuff to it. I am so sad this is now discontinued.

Ok, I'm really not in a bad mood. I am happy and off of work for the Memorial Day weekend, so lots of time to do stuff.

Gotta run! Waves to all.
Cleda
Old 05-28-22, 06:36 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - good to see you checking in! I agree about Bellicon's tech issues! If I'm paying for something, I expect it to work! Not to mention the frustration of losing a workout somewhere in the middle! I had issues with them and GHU, but at least GHU was only $12 for the year.
Waves to Helen!

3/25 - gardening and dog walk
3/26 - gardening and a 3.5 mile hike on a new trail
3/27 - dog walk (low energy day)
3/28 - gardening, then mowing. I usually set my alarm for 40 minutes when I'm gardening so that I don't overdo it. I forgot today and I did overdo it! I recovered and decided to mow since hubby was power washing the deck. That was it and I'm pooped, but in a good kinda way!

Old 05-29-22, 01:44 AM  
Helen

Sorry I've been totally MIA.

Haven't done much - dog walks have even been thin due to perpetual rain & DH taking her when he could catch a break whilst I was at work. He left for the farm last Monday.

Have jumped with Kathryn but even last weekend was a washout as we all went to Sydeny to spend time together before Bridget flew out to Stockholm for a conference. Her first time to Europe, and alone.

LILI
• Did you jump on the wagon with Jessica's new set? I was about to (have never bought anything of hers) but it was unavailable for a week or so, then when it WAS availalable, went through the process and it came to almost $140 with postage & handling. Swiftly backed away.
• I have no idea what the Australian baking show is like - not a fan of cooking shows as I'm not a fan of cooking. When DH is away, eggs & bread feature heavily, but I'll have a look.

CLEDA
• Congratulations!!! on doing the 100km ride! AWESOME!!!
• Crushing it is what you DO - always!
• Love that you got a refurbished iPod - reuse, repair, repurpose, recycle - before replace.
• Was a bit annoyed that DH bought me a FitBit Charge 5 for my birthday. The Charge 3 screen stopped working, but it was still recording all the things - just had to go the app to see them. I was fine with that and TOLD him. He likes everything to appear new, always.

My chrono mission also ground to a halt - part of the hiatus I think. One of Hardcore Extremes was next and the dread set in. I also had room, with averaging one every 2 days, to pack a few in daily (abs, stretches...) to leave that dreaded one a while longer. My fitness just isn't what it was the last time I did them. I DO have time to restart the mission, doing one EVERY day - sounds a bit weird, but the 'every day' leaves no excuses to avoid them and up the the 56th workout, I've done them all recently which should relieve any dread. Also working on lightening the built-in weighted vest will make everything easier as well.

Have already taken Alice to the river for soggy ball chasing - no rain this weekend, at last.

Again - my sincere apologies. I schlumped - in a big slothful heap.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote