Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-14-22, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Today was: Ellen - Skinny Sculpt. I doubt I will have time for more today - painters are here......

I'm on a roll with this so I'm contemplating getting estimates for my bathrooms I know it is expensive, but it I want to get it done b/c: a) we're still living here and b) when we sell, I think it will help. And I don't want to end up fixing things just to sell, you know what I mean? I want to at least enjoy it.

Sherry - Hope you're feeling better.

Happy Friday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-22, 10:07 AM  
Leonana

Still battling my cold. It’s more like a mild cold, scratchy throat with congestion. However, yesterday afternoon I had a heaviness in my chest and throat, and my throat felt more raw. Fortunately, it only lasted a couple of hours and I could breathe and swallow okay. The heaviness in my chest alarmed me so I got a home test. I tested positive for Covid. As a side note, the home tests are pretty easy to do. Since I had that heaviness in my chest, I’m so thankful I’m triple vaxed. I’m hoping it doesn’t come back. Today I just have a scratchy throat and head congestion. The worst part is that it’s thicker and harder to swallow, but it’s more annoying than painful. Last night it was thicker, but a decongestant helped. The colds I had last fall were worse, this is more of an annoyance (knock on wood!). So far, taking ibuprofen helps the most, it relieves the scratchy throat and even my congestion is less.

I had symptoms around 1:00 am. Monday night. So I could have been contagious Saturday and Sunday. I went to Costco Sunday morning, thankfully I wore my mask. I’d say 80% of the people here don’t wear a mask. I also try to not get near anyone, but sometimes they get right in your way!

I was thinking of people in the service industry who can’t afford to take off work. Most likely they don’t test, and assume it’s a cold, because they can’t afford to miss any days on the job. Unless the employer pays for time off, but not all do that. I’m glad all of you can work from home.
Old 01-14-22, 10:33 AM  
donnamp

Sherry - I hope you feel better soon - it is good you are vaccinated and boosted. Honestly, I do think we are all going to end up with this at some point, it is just a matter of time. I'm still doing all I can to avoid it and I got my booster and vaccines, but I do I feel it is inevitable.

And YES on the service workers - when my DD first thought she had COVID her employer wanted her to come in - while the test results were pending.

BTW, she did end up quitting her job - she is going to look for something else soon. There were just too many scheduling issues and conflict with her being out for her mono. Plus I think working until mid-night a few nights a week and then getting up for class is one of the things (aside from staying up too late w/ her BF) that landed her with mono.

Donna
Old 01-14-22, 11:06 AM  
Leonana

Donna, it sounds like quitting is a smart move for her. Especially, working until midnight. Thanks for the well wishes.

I’m spending my time reviewing workouts, lol. I just watched Caroline Jordan’s new video, How to Gain Lean Muscle without Bulking Up. It really tracks with my experience.
Old 01-14-22, 06:43 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

We had two nice days here and I actually ventured outside and went for a walk! But now we're heading into a deep freeze for a couple of days. What crazy weather... I've been doing Lift & Shift, but I think I'm going to bail on it and do something else until her new set comes out. I'm afraid I'm going to get burned out. I made it to week 8 though, so that's pretty good. I like it and will go back to it at some point and I definitely got a lot stronger.

Sherry, Sorry to hear you have COVID. I know a lot of people who have had it and your symptoms are the same. Good thing you had those home tests. I bought a couple at CVS just in case. Gets lots of rest!

Donna, I agree it's inevitable, but I'm holding out as long as I can. I just don't want to catch it at all and am probably more paranoid than most people. There is a grocery store here that requires masks and that's the only one I go to now.

I think about the people in the service industry all the time. I'm only in a store for a half hour at the most, but they have to be there all day. I was talking to one man who works in the store I go to and he said he feels better that the store requires masks, but he's still very afraid.

Liz, About the snow shoveling article, lucky you, you don't have to worry about snow where you live!

Pam, It was surprised the article said 45 is when people should quit shoveling because that seems a bit young, but I guess everyone is different, like you said. Walking on the treadmill while watching TV is a good idea. I do that on my stationary bike sometimes.
Old 01-14-22, 07:01 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Was feeling lazy yesterday, so did nothing in the way of a workout.

Today I just did 40 minutes on the treadmill.

Sherry, sorry to hear you tested positive for Covid, but at least you'll have a better immune system in the long run, after you get over it. I noticed how different it was in AZ with very few people wearing masks, in general. The hotel I stayed in required that guests wear masks, and many of the restaurants we ate at the servers all wore them, as well!

I had a doctor appt. yesterday but we did a tele-visit instead of in-person because my doctor thought she might have contacted Covid and had taken the day off to spend at home. She just wanted to be safe, and they really screen patients before anyone comes into the office in-person, which is good but there are so many people visiting family/friends over the holidays. Hugging, etc.

The airlines still don't make any sense to me. At Christmas the planes were at full capacity, and you'd think they'd spread people out a bit...but nope. Everyone had to mask up, but how much protection is that really? I was double masked on the plane because there are so many people with colds and who knows what else. You just can't be too careful nowadays.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-22, 08:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone-

The painters are here today - and they started early - so no workout yet. If they leave early enough today i'll try to get something in.

In spite of all the upheaval I'm glad to be getting this done and I do think I'm going to go ahead and get bathroom estimates - I may as well just make this the year of doing stuff and dealing with it. Working from home does make it tons easier.

wishiwasinhawaii - i feel the same way as you - I do want to avoid it if i can and fortunately around here the mask mandates are back so there is less wiggle room - although there are still people who refuse to wear them - and I can understand the store workers, etc. not wanting to deal w/ policing the situation. I just try to be careful, which is not terribly hard for me w/ working from home and being pretty much a homebody anyway - I mean I will go out to the store, I have gone out to eat on occasion, but I never really liked crowds and always tried to avoid them. Good job on L&S!!!

Waves, Sherry - I hope you are feeling better!!

Pam - I agree about the plane situation - I haven't been on a plane at all during this pandemic, but I do question how effective a mask is if you are sitting right on top of someone for hours on end. I guess it is better than nothing, though. I think it would make more sense to space people out every other seat or something but then they would be flying half empty planes.

Waves, Liz!

We are supposed to get some type of winter weather tomorrow into Monday - it looks like it could be rain or snow or both...

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 01-15-22, 01:06 PM  
Leonana

I'm feeling much better today, just slightly congested and no scratchy throat. I had symptoms late Monday night. Tuesday and Wednesday were light congestion, heavier congestion on Thursday and Friday. Fortunately, no cough just a head cold. If I hadn't known it was covid, I wouldn't have thought it was that bad. I was much sicker last fall when I had those two colds in September and October. This time, I think the anxiety was the worst part!

Dh is still battling it, he has a nasty cough. He didn't get tested, but he had symptoms before me, so I'm sure I got it from him. He seems to have a worse case than me, but thankfully, just a cold. Crossing my fingers we are on the mend!

Decongestant helped me the most, and cough medicine for dh. Fortunately, just a low dose of decongestant worked for me. Also, lots of rest, fluids and healthy eating. I did up my Vitamin D and take some zinc, figured it couldn't hurt!

I think having the booster helped me quite a bit. Dh is not vaxed, and his symptoms seem worse. He came down with it a day before me, and it seems to be lasting longer for him. He also rarely gets sick. He never caught my colds last fall, and when he does get a cold, it's short and mild. I swear, he has the strongest immune system I've ever seen, he even works as a mover when he has a cold! I'm always sicker than him when we both get colds. This is the first time my cold has been milder than his. So that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it, lol. I now wish I could have been vaccinated for those head colds last fall!

wishiwasinhawaii, thanks for letting me know my symptoms are similar. That's reassuring in a way. It does seem like everyone will get it at some point, just like flu and colds. I'm surprised we haven't had it sooner, considering dh is in the service industry and they don't wear masks. That's sad about the man in the store who is afraid. I hope he stays healthy.

Pam, yes not many wear masks here. When we had the mask mandate, the majority did wear them. Even after the governor lifted it, the majority wore masks the first month. Then eventually less and less. Now I think I see about one in ten wearing a mask. It's even worse in smaller towns like Payson and Prescott, they never had mask mandates. It wasn't state mandate, but by county, and some counties were against it. Of course, the stores required it, but once the vaccines came out, the stores no longer require it of customers. Although, they do require their employees to wear masks.

Donna, that's great the painters started early, hopefully they will be done soon. Dh remodeled both our bathrooms, and it is so much nicer. Although he remodeled our master bath about 15 years ago, and it needs a refresh. He did the guest bath a year ago last December. Boy, time flies!
Old 01-16-22, 09:26 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Workouts for today have been:

Ellen - Peace, love and cardio
Sarah Beth - Yoga for Beginners - Strength
Annie Pilates Physical Therapy - Piriformis routine w/ band

I did sign up for Sarah Beth's paid service for $1 for the month. I started her beginner to Yogi calendar. I will likely not continue the subscription though b/c it is so pricey! But it is nice to see what it is all about.

I had to do Annie's workout today b/c I have been slacking on my hip/glute work.

Other than that - not much going on - terrible weather this evening - snow -freezing rain - ugh.

Senior Shape By Lauren posted a Pilates/Barre play list - it looks good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLHh...PJ03-kyGRADY38

Sherry - I'm glad your DH isn't too sick and I'm hoping you are both on the mend. Our painters are not coming tomorrow due to the weather and one of the workers is sick - I hope not w/ COVID.. eek....I wasn't near him but still...it is a worry....

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Donna
Old 01-17-22, 12:25 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
Happy MLK day eve. I'm off of work tomorrow which is wonderful!

Yesterday, I took my dog for a really long walk around a lake. It was cloudy and cool and great weather for walking. Today we walked too, but not so far. After the walk I did a Lively Ladies - total body and then a short routine of Yoga with Kassandra. It makes me think I need to do more yoga. I felt stiffer than I used to be. The Lively Ladies routine was great. I think I'm going to explore her channel a bit more.

Since the holidays, I have been eating so much sugar! Ugh! It needs to stop or else I'm going to be a balloon! (or a bigger balloon!)

Sherry, glad to hear you are feeling a little bit better. I hope you and your husband continue to improve. I'm also in the camp of really wanting to avoid covid and I try to be as careful as possible, but figure it is inevitable, no matter what I do. Ugh.

wishiwasinhawaii - 8 weeks with Lift and Shift is quite the accomplishment! And how great to feel stronger! That's inspiring!

Pam - I flew back east around Memorial Day last year right when things were getting better with covid the first time and they left the middle seats empty. It was heaven! But of course, the airlines are greedy and my recent flights, like yours, were full to capacity.

Donna- how's the painting going? Do you like how things are turning out? I think it is a great idea to get the work done now so you can enjoy it for a bit before you sell!

Waves to all,
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tablet