Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-29-22, 05:47 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey. Sorry to not be posting. I'm spiraling into a frustrated funk & trying to figure what to do about it. I've done PT every day this week, a short Leslie walk maybe yesterday and a Rodney Yee yoga today. I signed up for the in-person 5k as well as a virtual one but I still can't get myself to run.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-22, 07:03 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Just got back from Asheville a very short time ago. We went to Biltmore yesterday and did the tour inside and then spent considerable time hiking in the gardens especially looking at the beautiful flowers. It was quite hilly and there were many steps coming back uphill from the gardens and grounds. Of course there were a lot of stairs in the mansion too so it was a pretty physically active day. Absolutely gorgeous weather too. Pictures turned out well. I ran on the hotel treadmill yesterday and today too. Lastly, we found a lovely hike to do before we left called the Lagoon trail near our hotel. We had miscalculated and really did not have time
to go to the Pisgah Forest or Blue Ridge Parkway for a forest hike but we will do that next time.

Vannie do you have access to a treadmill? Yes they are boring but at least it’s a change. I watch something on Netflix. Or maybe a friend or 2 to run with? Just running is kinda boring so I try to change up partners, routes, times etc. Sorry about the funk. Happens to all of us.

Jbliff I’m sorry but could you name a couple of the hikes you did again? Thanks. Are you hitting the 90s yet for weather?

Hi to Cher and Gibbee. Miss you.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-22, 09:05 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, I'm glad you guys had such a nice getaway. It sounds like a fantastic time! Active vacations are my favorite kind.

I do have a treadmill but if I can't convince myself to run outside in the 50s odds are very slim of doing the treadmill! I actually did intend to do that today but just couldn't convince myself. I meant to run yesterday outside while listening to baseball which is my absolute favorite thing to do while running but even that didn't happen. I don't have any friends in town to run with. I appreciate the suggestions though. Sometimes I do wish I had someone to run with but then I know I wouldn't like coordinating schedules.

I probably won't post much while I'm in this mood. I'm okay, just need to work through it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 08:24 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie I get in those terrible slumps or whatever you want to call it sometimes too. I can’t think of anything I want to do.

I did a stint on the treadmill and went to Burn for total body strength. Fantastic workout. Burpees into pull-ups ( I could do one pull-up), pushpresses, farmer carries and more. I’ve heard farmer carries are great for grip and forearm strength.

Tomorrow is May 1 so I can start a new thread.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote