Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-13-22, 03:52 PM  
Vantreesta

Today I did wk4 day2 of the 10k trainer. Haven't stretched or rolled yet.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-22, 08:21 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 30 minutes on the mill and squats and lunges from Cathe’s Perfect Pump lower body. Night all.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-22, 06:42 AM  
Cher

Try to do a quick fill in to you all. Ended up having to take my sister into Emergency 2 weeks ago because she was in so much pain. Ended up her incision from her surgery in January to remove a screw from her back opened up and she has a staph infection. They admitted her then and she’s been in ever since. She’s had 3 surgeries in 2 weeks - 2 to clean out the infection and the last one on Monday we thought was going to be some type of plastic surgery to cover her hole in her back because she’s not healing. Instead, she calls her boyfriend in a quick 2 minute phone call at 8 am to tell him they were taking her to surgery and they were taking the rods out of her back?!?! 😳 Talk about a stressful day Monday! They didn’t inform anyone of this. We didn’t even know a time for anything prior so nobody was down there when she went in. Her boyfriend did go down though and was there when she came out. Apparently, this was a thought for a future surgery. They thought since the rods have been in about 9 years that they could be causing a lot of her pain plus the rods were not helping the infection. They discovered she takes a long time to heal because of her cancer meds and some useless radiation she had in the past so rather than her heal from these surgeries to clean out the infection and then then have more surgery, they decided to do all of this at once and have the plastic surgeons come close her up once. They assured us finally that her back is strong enough and she will be able to walk still (which she did a little yesterday). She’s in a ton of pain still and on all kinds of pain meds. (This last surgery was just Monday). It’s just killing me seeing her like this and I hope she can get some type of pain relief before she goes home. Also, she will have to give herself antibiotics after she goes home for 6-8 weeks.

Needless to say I will be missing around here still for a while.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-22, 10:01 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, I'm so sorry about all your sister is going through. And I know it is hard on you and the rest of your family too.

I was also sorry to hear about Joseph having UC but think I missed posting around that time. Like Karen said, treatment for it has come a long way. My mom was diagnosed with it when we were kids and the steroids caused a lot of weight gain but I have a friend my age who has it currently and I don't think whatever her treatment for it is has caused her that side effect.

Praying for you and all of your family. I know things are tough right now but please reach out if you need to talk or if you actually want to talk about smthg totally different bc your brain needs a break. Hugs to you, friend.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-14-22, 09:11 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher so good to hear from you! So sorry your sister has been through so much, and you too. It was nice to read that she is starting to walk some. I am sending you hugs and please tell her I am thinking of her. Just post when you can. We understand.

Night all.
Old 04-16-22, 05:47 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I did 45 minutes on the treadmill today and between yesterday and today I did strength training for chest, back, biceps.

It’s a warm and muggy Easter weekend here. Hope everyone has a lovely long weekend.
Old 04-17-22, 09:25 AM  
Vantreesta

Happy Easter!

Old 04-17-22, 07:01 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. I'm back from my trip to North Carolina. We had a good time visiting relatives and got in some nice hikes in the Blue Ridge Mountain and a 5+ mile walk from where we were staying to downtown Asheville and back. The weather was mostly cooperating but it was still cooler than I expected, especially in the mountains.

Cher - So good to hear from you. I'm so sorry about your poor sister going through so many surgeries and pain. I hope this last round will help her.

Karjoy, Vannie - Great that you kept the checkin going last week.

Waves to all. Have a good Easter Sunday.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-22, 08:10 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Glad you had a wonderful trip Jbliff! Nice to have you back and glad you had a good time. We are going to Asheville for a few days the last week of this month.

I did some treadmill today plus functional training: weeding and mulching and gathering piles of cut up vines. We have some hilly beds in our yard and it’s a decent amount of work going up and down the hill and keeping your balance. It was very humid but not so hot. We have had a lot of rain and our shrubs and plants look beautiful.

Night to all.
Old 04-18-22, 08:46 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: Push Pull at Burn Boot Camp. Push-ups, modified pull-ups, lateral shoulder raises, close grip DB presses for triceps, kettlebell one armed rows and for glutes and hamstrings bead crawls pushing a heavy DB on sliders. I got up to 65 # with that one and worked glute muscles I never knew I had.

Night all!