Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-16-14, 11:23 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Erin Motz and DoYouYoga........

I got an email today..........

Awesome news from MyYogaPro :-)

Important: Finally! MyYogaPro will be merged with DoYouYoga. Please follow the steps in this email to unlock your MyYogaPro courses. Your unlock coupon is at the end of the email.

we’ve got big news for you today! Tons of you have already been asking us about this and today we're finally happy to announce that MyYogaPro will be fully integrated into the brand new DoYouYoga community. With over one million monthly users on DoYouYoga, it is now time for MyYogaPro to become a full part of the family. And guess what! All your beloved MyYogaPro videos are already waiting for you... and tons more free stuff will be added every month! Wanna go right to your unlock coupon? Just scroll down.

What this means for you?
More features - DoYouYoga already offers tons of social and progress tracking features. But we’re only getting started. There will be new features every month!
A bigger community - DoYouYoga already has over 1 million readers per month. Hundreds are signing up for the brand new community every day.
More free videos - Remember Erin's 30-Day Challenge? We’re launching new free courses and challenges every month starting January!
More wonderful teachers - DoYouYoga will offer a large variety of different courses (many of them free!) featuring wonderful teachers like Erin, Sadie Nardini, Faith Hunter, Kino MacGregor and many more.
For you it's FREE - MyYogaPro members don’t have to pay a cent to access the MyYogaPro video library on DoYouYoga. You’ll find all your yoga classes with Erin waiting for you.
What you need to know
We re-organized the videos - The videos are now separated into two courses and nine modules. We called them The Ultimate Home Yoga Practice and The Ultimate Yoga Pose Library
No badges yet - The badge feature hasn’t been implemented on DoYouYoga yet. But it will be launched in the coming weeks. All your existing badges will then be transferred!
You don’t have to move right now - MyYogaPro will stay online a bit longer, it won’t shut down! However, as explained during the Kickstarter campaign we will not be allowing new users on MyYogaPro anymore soon.
DoYouYoga is only starting - Most of MyYogaPro’s features are already available on DoYouYoga. But this is just the beginning. There will be countless new features every month. It will blow your mind. Seriously!
How to unlock your DoYouYoga account

The transfer is super-duper easy. In a nutshell, all you need to do is copy your coupon, click the green button below and go through the checkout process in the DoYouYoga store. Since you're a MyYogaPro member, your unlock coupon will set the regular price from $99 to $0 and skip the payment process entirely.

I registered. There are two other modules in addition to Erin's. There is an additional charge for them. One is $39 and the other is $49. I need to play around, but it looks like nothing has been added. Here's hoping for new additions.

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-14, 08:09 AM  
hotncmom

I got in on this with the Kickstarter but was disappointed when the site went online. Played around with it for a while but haven't jumped on since summer. I'll have to check it out. I got the email too, but haven't had time to do more than skim it.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-14, 01:27 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I got in on this with the Kickstarter but was disappointed when the site went online. Played around with it for a while but haven't jumped on since summer. I'll have to check it out. I got the email too, but haven't had time to do more than skim it.
Ditto. I haven't even explored the site much but what I did see wasn't very impressive. No time to do anything to set up an account with the new site. I wasted my money because of FOMO (fear of missing out)
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-14, 06:46 AM  
jenn38

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Ditto. I haven't even explored the site much but what I did see wasn't very impressive. No time to do anything to set up an account with the new site. I wasted my money because of FOMO (fear of missing out)
I to felt like I wasted money due to FOMO. I like Erin's free stuff on YouTube but MY Yoga Pro left me unimpressed. I haven't got an email yet.
Old 12-18-14, 08:10 AM  
Rose Ohio

Same here, I did get the email yesterday but there is nothing new added. There is a charge for the added instructor courses. Very disappointed from the beginning.
Old 12-18-14, 09:27 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Ug, I bought lifetime for two people and have never used it! I did not get the mail -- I'm skeptical that I could use it even if I tried at this point...... what a waste of money.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-14, 09:47 AM  
TinierTina

I feel bad for you. I followed this Erin Motz (no financial outlays on my part tho') via a blogger and my former blogsite characterized by gamification an Erin Motz would envy (but where they were desperate people (regardless of age) and many in favor of jumping on fads and bandwagons) and was impressed only by her energy. Not her content so much. The only bright spot is that (for a fee) she would not be the only one teaching, by this account.

Why don't you bite the bullet, regard this "investment" as a sunk cost, and try out Yoga.com. I'd got personal recommendations from them so far, for what it's worth.

Too many yoga hucksters online these days. It's a blessing in disguise I never had much streaming speed.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-14, 12:25 PM  
hotncmom

I don't regard her as a huckster. I downloaded all of her 30 Day Challenge content, plus some bonus practices, and love using them. So I consider the $65 Kickstarter fee for MYP as compensation in kind.

I'll go on a small rant about how with Youtube and the internet in general, people seem to want and expect instructors (who are business owners) to continually give free content, and only about 1% of their followers will ever buy anything from them, and if they do, it is often a low-end product. I think people deserve to get paid for what they do well, and instructors like Erin Motz, Jessica Smith, etc. are probably lucky if they can scrape out a decent living. Trust me, they are not getting rich and they keep giving away free content. It's a lot of work to conceive, film, edit, upload, and promote these types of challenges, and they are professionally filmed and edited in a nice setting vs. someone filming themselves working out with their webcam in their ugly living room.

Whereas the Dreambody team (for instance) to my knowledge has never ever given away one single iota and want to charge premium prices for their content, but no one is complaining about that.

Yes, MYP was not as fleshed out as expected. I expected more full-length practices. I expected multiple levels of each course. I expected new content to be added over time. It wasn't delivered.

But I'm not going to begrudge paying $65 to a person who has given so much good, free content for less than the cost of one private yoga session.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-14, 12:42 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I don't regard her as a huckster. I downloaded all of her 30 Day Challenge content, plus some bonus practices, and love using them. So I consider the $65 Kickstarter fee for MYP as compensation in kind.

I'll go on a small rant about how with Youtube and the internet in general, people seem to want and expect instructors (who are business owners) to continually give free content, and only about 1% of their followers will ever buy anything from them, and if they do, it is often a low-end product. I think people deserve to get paid for what they do well, and instructors like Erin Motz, Jessica Smith, etc. are probably lucky if they can scrape out a decent living. Trust me, they are not getting rich and they keep giving away free content. It's a lot of work to conceive, film, edit, upload, and promote these types of challenges, and they are professionally filmed and edited in a nice setting vs. someone filming themselves working out with their webcam in their ugly living room.

Whereas the Dreambody team (for instance) to my knowledge has never ever given away one single iota and want to charge premium prices for their content, but no one is complaining about that.

Yes, MYP was not as fleshed out as expected. I expected more full-length practices. I expected multiple levels of each course. I expected new content to be added over time. It wasn't delivered.

But I'm not going to begrudge paying $65 to a person who has given so much good, free content for less than the cost of one private yoga session.
Imho, requesting donations, having a time-limited paywall, hawking higher-end workshops incessantly on their free-content portals, would have been a more upfront way to have gone about "supporting their 'free' content" ...

For my part, I paid a discounted price for totally to offline downloads to my slow-streaming computer, same difference.

But I feel better about all that, because I have full license to full-length content. And that was before that site abandoned downloads in favor of "we adjust to your speed" (oh, really?!? Try my slow speed) streamings ... whereupon I would not bite!

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-14, 02:14 PM  
traceym1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinierTina View Post
I feel bad for you. I followed this Erin Motz (no financial outlays on my part tho') via a blogger and my former blogsite characterized by gamification an Erin Motz would envy (but where they were desperate people (regardless of age) and many in favor of jumping on fads and bandwagons) and was impressed only by her energy. Not her content so much. The only bright spot is that (for a fee) she would not be the only one teaching, by this account.

Why don't you bite the bullet, regard this "investment" as a sunk cost, and try out Yoga.com. I'd got personal recommendations from them so far, for what it's worth.

Too many yoga hucksters online these days. It's a blessing in disguise I never had much streaming speed.
Hi Tina
Can you tell me more about Yoga.com. I am looking at but can't really tell exactly the kind of classes it offers.
Thanks
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote