Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box

Old 05-16-21, 09:43 PM  
Diana3271

OP here. I borrowed a friends air fryer to try it out. It was OK but nothing life changing for me. I didn't like it well enough to go out and buy one. I am glad that I was able to to borrow one.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-21, 12:53 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
Thanks for the update, bzar. My gazillion-year-old range leaks propane so I only use electric gadgets. My Cuisinart griddler, Cuisinart countertop pizza oven, and Corning Ware electromatic skillet are my cooking go-to appliances. Every time this thread revives I think I need an air fryer, too, although part of me knows I really don’t. Glad to read a negative.
_____
YADeb
did you ever consider replacing or removing your propane range? you can do what Diana did - borrow from someone. we do that in our family - one person buys it and the rest borrow to decide whether they want to get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
OP here. I borrowed a friends air fryer to try it out. It was OK but nothing life changing for me. I didn't like it well enough to go out and buy one. I am glad that I was able to to borrow one.
yes - that's the way to go. i wish i had done that with this pressure cooker i bought years ago. i ended up giving it to my niece and i kept one of the pots and a regular lid that goes with it. it was about $90 from Macy's.

i also tried my aunt's KitchenAid stand mixer, and although it's a great machine, it was so tall it would not clear the upper cabinet when using it on the kitchen counter. i also had a hard time finding a place to store it. i ended up getting a Sunbeam stand mixer which works extremely well and smaller for ease of use and storing. i got to try the Sunbeam from someone at work, and i found the exact same model at a thrift store with all of the parts.

for the air-frying effect, my husband and i decided to buy a large crisper tray designed to go into a conventional oven, like the one linked below. We haven't bought one yet.
https://www.amazon.com/Gotham-Steel-...-garden&sr=1-2

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air fryer