Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 04-14-05, 09:38 AM  
doskymom

Pedometer ?

I don't see any very recent threads on pedometers and just wondering what kind everyone is using now and if you are happy with your choice? Did anyone buy the Omron Healthcare HJ-112 model after Alta mentioned it was highly ranked by Consumer Reports?
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-05, 09:52 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

This one did get good reviews. I have this pedometer, but it's still in its packaging. It's a tad big, thus one of the reasons why I haven't used it yet. With this pedometer, you apparently can just put it in your purse, etc. and it will record your steps accurately.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-05, 10:15 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doskymom
Did anyone buy the Omron Healthcare HJ-112 model after Alta mentioned it was highly ranked by Consumer Reports?
I ordered this one last Monday. I'll let you know if it's good.

ETA: I received this one today and it's huge! DH tested the number of steps and the Omron is pretty accurate. He also measured my stride length so I can input it in. Net is I need more than 10,000 steps to cover 5 miles. My 5-yr old wore it and ran around the house until he got 2000 steps . I have to buy 2 more Omrons for DH and DS. We love to analyze numbers .
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 11:45 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Walmart.com has Omron HJ-112! I ordered 2 more for DH and DS.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 12:15 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doskymom
I don't see any very recent threads on pedometers and just wondering what kind everyone is using now and if you are happy with your choice? Did anyone buy the Omron Healthcare HJ-112 model after Alta mentioned it was highly ranked by Consumer Reports?
I bought the Omron one a while back. I wore it for a while and then stopped. It seems more accurate that the Digi-Walker. (And quieter, too!) It is big.

I put it on again today to see if I can get back in the pedometer habit.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 03:02 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

omron has a smaller one (thin, sturdy) that walmart sells for something like $12. i liked it a lot. i accidentally got it wet (jumped into the ocean w/it....duh....) and it was too late to resuscitate it.

once i dropped it in my water cup by accident and pulled it out fast - it was okay.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote