Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-08, 10:08 AM  
tinamatas

Question Recumbent bike with low back pain?

So who has a recumbent bike and is able to use it successfully for a moderate intensity cardio workout even with low back and/or SI joint pain? I've had a flare-up that has lasted for almost two months now and it just will NOT go away this time (I'm 44 and have been dealing with back pain off and on for years). Even gentle walking and Leslie's workouts are bothering me, often causing the pain to travel down my left leg (in the front or side area) and sometimes into my foot with slight numbness and tingling. I've been to several doctors and all I seem to get from them are take ibuprofen (helps sometimes but not always) and muscle relaxants (can't tolerate their side effects and they don't help anyway). I've read a bit about recumbent bikes and am getting conflicting opinions on whether they are good or harmful for someone with low back pain. So I'm trying to figure out how to get my daily cardio in - 30 to 60 minutes daily about five times a week is my goal to prevent the weight gain that has started creeping up on me this year - and I'd would love to know what others maybe in a similar situation have found works for them.

Thanks!

Tina
tinamatas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recumbent bike