Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-08-13, 10:38 AM  
yoni

Shiva Rea : Yoga In Greece (full core workout from the DVD)

Acacia uploaded a full workout clip from the dvd :
http://acacialifestyle.com/a/a/1294/.../eid/CE130246/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVu4puVdJbs#t=57

here's the previous thread of the dvd : http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=187989
yoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-13, 11:28 AM  
carole r.

Thank you for posting. It looks like a lot of fun.
Old 09-08-13, 11:59 AM  
princess76

Added to my Amazon wish list!
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-13, 12:07 PM  
Belle de Jour

Thank you! This looks gorgeous.
Belle de Jour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-13, 07:25 AM  
yoni

recieved the dvd

finally I recieved the DVD , I'm previewing it right now . looks nice . a lot of the vinyasas and the scenery are familliar from the retreat in Santorini which is exciting
2 of the seven 20 min. practices are moon salutations and classical sun salutations which are pretty boring in my opinion and very similar but at least have great music and scenery
from the matrix you can choose :
meditations : mudra meditation (6 min.), lunar meditation (10 min.) solar meditation (10 min.)

lunar : lunar backbending vinyasa (20 min.) - the only practice except shavasana filmed indoors in not such an impressive set near a pool , the practice looks nice but despite the "lunar" title it has some more "solar" moves like side planks and flip the dog which I love . a lot of hip opening - pigeon , double pigeon . the practice culminates in pigeon with a thigh stretch or full pigeon , not a good idea to try full pigeon after a 20 min. practice .
moon salutations (20 min.) -
water vinyasa (20 min.) - fluid backbend practice - beautiful scenery , similar stuff from fluid power with the hip opening mandala namaskar, some thigh stretches and bow pose . again not very lunar imho

solar : :
sun salutations (20 min.) with mantras
earth vinyasa (20 min.) - filmed on the beautiful skaros (santorini caldera) where we had a hike to in the retreat. a side to side interesting standing vinyasa (no chaturangas etc.) we did some of this vinyasa at the retreat and it took me some time to get it right as it was a bit confusin moving from vira 1 to 2 and looking at the opposite side in vira 2 ... you"ll see some balancing poses as well (uthitta padangustasana)
solar backbending vinyasa (20 min.) - invigorating vinyasa to a beautiful scenery of the town area of santorini (as in the dvd cover) . twisting standing poses , thigh stretches, dolphin , parsva danurasana , warrior 1 with eagle arms
earth water vinyasa (22 min.) : i love the music in this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaicaXtoy-4
mostly hip opening standing poses vinyasa (triangle , vira 2 , gate pose etc..)
eagle , variations of side plank and bhujapidasana arm balance. mostly similar to previous dvds
solar core (10 min.) - you can watch the clip

Lunar shavasana (10 min.) - long shavasana

in the bonus section theres a 27 min. interview with Shiva.
and a 10 min. prana danda practice with Shiva and Demetri. no verbal instruction. looks very interesting , I'll try it with a broomstick. we've seen him doing some at the retreat, I hope they"ll release a prana danda dvd .
overall , some old stuff with new stuff . feels fresh to me as well as nostalgic
yoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-13, 07:38 AM  
kariev34

i've done all the practices on this dvd and love it! The scenery is breathtaking and shiva just glows!
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
garland pose, malasana