Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-20-04, 05:14 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Anyone done New Method 20/20 Integrated Yoga?

Hi all -- My Ross has several copies of the New Method 20/20 Integrated Yoga but I can't find any reviews of it. Has anyone done it and care to comment? Is it really a nice fusion workout or is it a parts video?

Thanks!

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-04, 06:28 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

There are two workouts in this DVD. The first one is led by Lisa Wheeler. She's the one that has been designing Denise Austin's latest yoga fusion workouts so it's the same style. However, I do think Lisa teaches it better than Denise.

The second workout is more like a Pilates workout. I forgot the teacher's name. I don't do this section that often since I wanted a yoga workout. I do like Lisa's workout.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-04, 06:30 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Thanks! Of course, Wheeler is not on the cover :rolleyes:

I might pick it up -- I think it was $3.99

Ronnee
Old 12-20-04, 06:47 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnee
Thanks! Of course, Wheeler is not on the cover :rolleyes:

I might pick it up -- I think it was $3.99

Ronnee
$3.99 is a bargain!!

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-04, 07:35 PM  
little bird

Is that VHS?

I have seen this at Ross (VHS) and have been tempted to buy it. I am waiting and hoping they get it on DVD.
little bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-04, 01:25 AM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

yes, it 2was a VHS; DVD would be better but for that price I'm not picky!

Ronnee
Old 06-20-06, 01:19 PM  
Yogadad

I know this is a reply to an old thread but I just got this yesterday at Ross on DVD and did it this morning.

The first session is an interesting blend of Yoga and some dance type moves. Lisa Wheeler did a great job as always though I must admit I'll need to do it a bunch of times to get familiar with the moves that were more dance oriented. I was pretty lost from time to time. I do better with repetitive ballet type exercises but when the choreography starts stringing together too many different moves I get pretty lost (and look like a male version of Elaine from Seinfeld when I'm trying to dance), still I won't give up on it because the moves were interesting from a physical standpoint

The second session is led by an instructor I'm not familiar with and is a blend of Yoga and Pilates. It starts primarily with Yoga and then moves onto some Pilates movements using a towel (I used a doubled Flex band rather than a towel, it's more managable and I like the plyability of it). After the Towel Pilates section she does most of the Stomach series which I always like as part of my daily practice. I don't like to miss to many days of that part of the Pilates sequence because I find great benefit in it.

The one thing that sometimes bothered me about tthis program is that Jennifer Kries is on the cover but didn't lead either workout.

That being said the instructors here did a fine job so Jennifer's abscence didn't hurt the program it was just a surprise that she wasn't on it.

This is definitely a fusion program, not a straight forward Yoga program so it probably won't appeal to a more traditional Yogi/Yogini. If you are looking for a very straight ahead Yoga program then this probably will not be what you are looking for.

These days I'm looking for more of the fusion stuff since I have so much of a variety of more straight forward Yoga programs.

Best,

Scott
Yogadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-06, 01:39 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

scott,

have you ever done Precision Yoga? it's led by Jenn Kries and i was always curious about it, having read some reviews of it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-06, 05:01 PM  
Yogadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar
scott,

have you ever done Precision Yoga? it's led by Jenn Kries and i was always curious about it, having read some reviews of it.

Hi Bzar,

Sorry for not responding to this sooner, I just saw your post today (July 4).

I've never done that one. I would be curious to see what it's like since I'm enjoying the method programs a lot.

I just did the first segment of "integrated yoga" again this morning. I needed something with some movement but still reasonably gentle (I've been fighting something for the last several days so I'm not pushing really hard).

Best,

Scott
Yogadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-06, 05:18 PM  
ms1971

HI.
The Method Precision yoga video is good but she doesn't hold the poses long enough for me so it feels a bit rushed. It has 3 sections and I think it's Jennifer. I think she reminds me a bid of Yoga Zone in her stye but she does do plow which I don't remember in my YZ videos. Good for an add on if your in a hurry.

Mel
ms1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new method 20/20, the method