Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews

Old 09-04-04, 08:13 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I was thinking of pre-ordering the Sculptures on-line too. I won't now!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-04, 08:16 PM  
Jane C
VF Supporter

You can always call. There are usually people in the office during regular business hours.

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, idolator, worshipper of fire,
come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.

Rumi
Jane C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-04, 08:45 PM  
klwgriffin

Quote:
There are usually people in the office during regular business hours.
REALLY? Hmmm, because I emailed them with a question about ordering Sculpture, and haven't heard back. I was hoping they were just slow, or maybe didn't work full-time. I hope they aren't ignoring me because I had the audacity to post a negative comment about them, because to me, that presents a problem regarding our freedom to express ourselves here without consequences. I guess for now, I'll hope they're taking a very long weekend or something. Otherwise they're saving me fifty bucks and making me think twice about what it is we really have here ! I'll have to go look at exactly when I sent the message - maybe I'll hear back Tuesday.

I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
klwgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-04, 10:09 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwgriffin
REALLY? Hmmm, because I emailed them with a question about ordering Sculpture, and haven't heard back
Kelly - I don't think it is personal. The Body Electric e-mail system is about as reliable as their security.

Give 'em a call after the holidays. (Just don't mention MY name! )

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-04, 10:14 PM  
klwgriffin

Quote:
Just don't mention MY name!
I'm afraid I'm on that list now too. I'm probably just being impatient - now that I think about it, it took them a few days to get back to me on the hand irons too. I guess I'm just picturing them sitting there like some small business, like they can take each issue one at a time as it comes, and that's really not the case. Especially now, they probably have plenty going on!

I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 09-04-04, 10:45 PM  
Jane C
VF Supporter

My understanding is that they get an enormous amount of spam, and use a hyper-zealous spam guard (imagine, in addition to the usual, what gets drawn to an email box named 'body electric'). The likelihood, if they haven't responded, is that they haven't seen your email. I'm not commenting on this system, I'm just saying I believe that is what's going on.

I would give them a call.

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, idolator, worshipper of fire,
come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.

Rumi
Jane C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-04, 10:51 PM  
klwgriffin

Quote:
I would give them a call.
I will if I don't hear back next week. Actually, the reason I didn't call in the first place is that I was embarrassed that I'd made a negative post. There was a discussion going on when I first started here about how people felt about instructors reading our comments. At the time, I thought it was great that they wanted feedback - almost empowering in a way. Now I see the other side of it too.

I just deleted my post, in hopes that it's not too late to avoid any bad feelings (maybe they've been too busy to read here), but part of me thinks it's ridiculous that I felt like I should.

ETA: Not to say anyone else made me feel like I should - all me!

Old 09-05-04, 11:59 AM  
Susan

Has anyone tried to contact the poor woman whose "personal" info is now "public?"

If it were my info sitting out there for the world to see, I'd really appreciate it if someone were to let me know about it!

Susan
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad customer service, insecure website, margaret richard, poor customer service