Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-20, 08:16 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

WOW, what an awesome rotation! Do keep us posted on how that goes!

Hah hah hah...a kick your butt party....hah hah hah hah hah!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 03:16 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Kittybug: Thanks for the Imax2 tip. Maybe it's not necessary to do them in order? Which one would you say is easiest?

Linda: You know you always have the choice to modify if any of Cathe's moves get too hard or too much impact. Etc. Sometimes I just need to catch my breath, you know?
I LOVE your PS/MIS rotation you set up. Wow, that's so cool! What a great idea!

So VERY frustrating day. I changed my mind about MIS last night and wanted to do High Step Training this morning instead. Popped it into my DVD player and nothing. Tried a couple times...nothing. Tried it in my laptop. Nothing. I guess it's fried. Ended up wasting about 15-20 minutes so quick grabbed a Body Combat (not enough time for MIS) and did that. Certainly not a wasted workout, but I really wanted to do HST.
Darn.

TGIF everyone! Back to Cathe next week.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 03:50 PM  
manleym

Kate TT: So the perfect blend would be a step and kickboxing workout! Best of both worlds! You think KCM's Stepboxing workouts would work? So sorry to hear HST is fried. That is so frustrating when you're really looking forward to a workout and you can't do it for one reason or another. And it stinks that the dvd is fried.

Kittybug: I remember CCC being hard too. I did the premix that was only cardio, no abs. Good info on strength training progression. It does makes sense because once our bodies get used to something, it needs more or different. I do hope you get S&H, PS, and upper body RWH's.

Kim: I haven't tried MIC yet, but do think I want to explore the floor cardio. I'm always looking for some good ole' fashioned cardio. Thanks for the tip!

Fanofladyvols: You NEED MIC!!! You don't have that one!!
I like your rotation! I may do some of yours, with some of Kittybugs (MMax). I'll probably stick with Gym Styles another week, especially the weights and IMax 3. And I found a premix on KickMax I might try. It's the blasts followed by the leg conditioning drills.

I did IMax 3 yesterday and the trick for me is to NOT do alot of turns on or over the step. For example, when Cathe has us go over the board three times, she has us turn on the 3rd one. I don't. I just do 2 more over the boards. I'll do over-facing-overs, ricochet, etc. But any move where Cathe is jumping and turning on/over the board I don't do. I'll do a basic or just the move she's doing minus the turn. IMax 3 was much more doable with these modifications. At least for me.

Happy Friday my fierce friends!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 06:20 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I just love you fierce friends!! You are all so inspiring to me, especially when it's Friday and I'm just dog tired!

KateTT, I am SO SORRY about HST (which I did today, oye vey, and it was hard). I had issues like that with my Push/Pull DVD and I know all too well how frustrating it is! One thing to try before chucking the disc out the door, you might try washing it very gently with a soapy water mix and drying with a gentle cloth. I've had that work for me in the past, even when there wasn't anything I could actually see on the DVD causing the fritz issue. You never know! Though media does eventually break down over the years, unfortunately!

And also in the Imaxes, I seem to recall the original does have more of a dread factor than Imax 2 does, but it's been years since I've done it, so I'll have to try it and see what I think. I would totally say start with Imax 2 but I'm biased like that! I looooooooovvvvves Imax 2!

You ladies who are doing MIC, hats off to you. I haven't done it in years but I remember thinking it was HARD HARD HARD and you're all just like yeah, whatever, we're fierce, it ain't no big thing!

Manleym, I so agree with all your mods, and I plan to use them when doing Imax 3 this week (because I'm sticking to GS and all for one more week too)! In fact, today with HST, there was a section where she's doing everything straddling the step and jumping up from there, and I just kept everything to the back, doing the same moves but not straddling because I was super tired and it felt so much safer for me.

Stay fierce, and have great weekends everyone!
Old 02-21-20, 08:03 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug, why, oh why, did you pick the hardest workout in the Shock Cardio series for your rotation? Cardio Core Circuit just kicked my butt! Yikes that was hard. I found myself marching in place a lot to catch my breath but I made it to the end and it felt great!

My favorite move is the triangle choke holds; they're really fun. Some of the other core moves were difficult for me to do so I did a lot of triangle choke holds in their place.

Overall, I like this one because it's got lots of variety and interesting moves. So this week I did three Cathe cardio workouts. I can't remember the last time I could say that. You guys are making me fierce for sure!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 11:35 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Kittybug, why, oh why, did you pick the hardest workout in the Shock Cardio series for your rotation? Cardio Core Circuit just kicked my butt! Yikes that was hard. I found myself marching in place a lot to catch my breath but I made it to the end and it felt great!

My favorite move is the triangle choke holds; they're really fun. Some of the other core moves were difficult for me to do so I did a lot of triangle choke holds in their place.

Overall, I like this one because it's got lots of variety and interesting moves. So this week I did three Cathe cardio workouts. I can't remember the last time I could say that. You guys are making me fierce for sure!

Kim
Trust me, I was thinking the same thing when I was doing it! I'm so glad it's not just me. That is hard! The only Shock Cardio workouts I have are the MMAs and CCC and I guess I chose wrong, hah! I haven't yet tried the MMAs despite them being on my shelf for a while. I hope I like them..I tend to compare all her kickboxing type workouts to Kick, Punch, and Crunch.

I like the triangle choke holds too but my knee is so banged up right now, I was having to modify on one side, and the one where you roll back on the mat and then roll forward and jump up was the other one I modified due to being sore and tender. Just didn't want to aggravate anything further!

Stay fierce!
Old 02-22-20, 02:55 PM  
manleym

I'm glad the mods are working for you Kittybug! Makes the workouts so much more doable! And safe!!!

The only Shock Cardio's I don't have are the MMAs. I really like the HiiT dvd from this series. Double Wave Pyramid is one of my go-to cardio workouts.

I did the premix on KickMax that has all of the blasts followed by the leg conditioning drills. I really liked this premix. I thought the leg conditioning drills were a nice contrast to GSLegs. It will be my go-to for KickMax.

Hugs my fierce friends!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 07:20 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug,

I hope you like the MMAs too. They feel different from Kick Punch and Crunch though. I like them because they are between 49 and 53 minutes and the intensity is not as tough as most other Cathe workouts. MMA Fusion is my favorite of them. It's low impact and has very physical moves, like fighting someone, unusual movements. (although if you have Core de Force, it will seem familiar) There's a move called turtle spins which I like a lot.

They all have cardio work (either boxing, kickbox or fusion inspired) and they all have core drills from what I remember. They don't have any dread for me as they go by quickly.

Kim
Old 02-22-20, 08:14 PM  
fanofladyvols

Manley...you are making me want to get MIC...and now MMA. Sheesh!! Did you see how you are making poor kittybug resorting to posting on request the wealth hunting for slow and heavy? Have mercy with those enabling powers!!

kittybug and Kim what workout teaches me triangle choke holds? I'm getting lost in the listing of workouts I don't own!!
A chokehold is definitely something a Fierce One needs to learn!

Kate I hope you find a replacement for your dud workout. It does make me nervous as I look at my collection. When or if that happens to a few of these, there will be no ability to replace them

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 08:35 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Manley...you are making me want to get MIC...and now MMA. Sheesh!! Did you see how you are making poor kittybug resorting to posting on request the wealth hunting for slow and heavy? Have mercy with those enabling powers!!

kittybug and Kim what workout teaches me triangle choke holds? I'm getting lost in the listing of workouts I don't own!!
A chokehold is definitely something a Fierce One needs to learn!

Kate I hope you find a replacement for your dud workout. It does make me nervous as I look at my collection. When or if that happens to a few of these, there will be no ability to replace them
Linda, you're hysterical!!! I was chuckling to myself when I saw Kittybug's request the wealth post.

The triangle choke holds are in Cardio Core Circuit from the Shock Cardio series. They actually sound way more fierce than they are; they're just plain fun to do.

Kim

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in