Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-24-19, 08:39 AM  
psupam

Thumbs down Bad Experience with Beachbody

I ordered the 3 week yoga retreat from them. The order itself was an ordeal since once on the phone with them they pressured me to buy a lot of other stuff, including their on demand service. I made it explicitly clear that I didn't want anything other than the dvd's. I never accessed their on demand service and have no interst in it. Much to my surprise they charged me for it anyway. I just got off the phone with them; they are cancelling the on demand but no offer for a refund. I'll never buy anything from these people again.
psupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 09:06 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I would definitely protest the charge with your credit card company.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 11:39 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

That stinks! I thought BeachBody had improved their customer service over the years. Obviously not!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 11:40 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
That stinks! I thought BeachBody had improved their customer service over the years. Obviously not!
That was my thought. I know they had a negative reputation for years.

For those interested, if you want to just order DVDs, go through Mary @ Total Fitness. Then you can bypass the upsell hassles and get TF's great customer service to boot!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 12:15 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
That was my thought. I know they had a negative reputation for years.

For those interested, if you want to just order DVDs, go through Mary @ Total Fitness. Then you can bypass the upsell hassles and get TF's great customer service to boot!
I don’t trust Beachbody! But I trust Mary, she is top notch!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 12:17 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Just to add to alison's advice, here is where to order beachbody stuff from Mary at total fitness. At some point I believe they (beachbody) made her have a second website just dedicated her beachbody selling (and I have used it at least once to buy a gift for someone and had no issues):

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/Default.asp

Note from the home page:

"Beachbody has recently changed its policy and purchases made through this site can not be added to your On Demand/Streaming Service. When you make purchases through this site our credit card is used to purchase the item from Beachbody and then it's drop shipped to you. If you use or are planning to use their Streaming service please order from www.teambeachbody.com/totalfit. That way purchases are automatically added to your streaming account."
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 01:51 PM  
laurajhawk

Mary saved me probably HOURS of aggravation some years ago when I bought Les Mills Combat from Beachbody through her. They kept sending me the wrong stuff, and every time I would tell Mary via her chat, and she would do the communications with Beachbody. She also emailed me the rotation calendar so I could start with it while she got BB to send it to me. Eventually I got to keep all the random extra stuff (gloves, bonus DVDs) and also got all the stuff I had paid for, and it only cost me a few chat messages. Mary is the best!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 02:01 PM  
Vantreesta

Agreed, Mary rocks! I've ordered so much Beachbody stuff from her! She's the best.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 02:10 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Did you all know BB is still in 1st place for Fitness DVD. I heard it on mind pump. they say the tactics they use, is very good. Didn't mention the poor service, but what they offer to people is the biggest mouse trap out there. Very few people come out of that place unscaled.

You're better off buying also from eBay or amazon than the website itself.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 02:26 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
For those interested, if you want to just order DVDs, go through Mary @ Total Fitness.
same here - i never have a problem with Mary Crowder. always a good experience! i had one problem in the past, and Mary advocated on my behalf. it's better to just go directly through Mary's BB site - note that it's separate from Total Fitness!

If you see a lower price on beachbody than what Mary shows on her BB site, just send Mary the beachbody.com link of what you're looking at, and she'll give you that price.

Here's her BB page:
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/Default.asp

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad customer service, beachbody, beachbody scam