Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-19, 02:59 PM  
laurajhawk

Oh, fun! I need a short workout tomorrow and was planning on Gilad. According to my order history with Mary, I have Gilad Bodies In Motion Volume 1 Waikiki Beach DVD, Release Date: 2008 (originally aired on TV in 1993). How's that?
(I'll get beaten by somebody with a Jane Fonda workout, I bet!)

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-19, 03:24 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Have fun with this idea, everyone! (as a tangent, is anyone here in Toastmasters? This reminds me of the Table Topics portion. Maybe we should have someone come up with a theme like this each week/month to get us to do workouts we've been avoiding).
I was in Toastmasters a few years ago and thought Table Topics was a lot of fun. Love the idea of a theme of the week. Maybe the winner could choose the next week's theme?

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-19, 05:30 PM  
Tammie M

Yesterday I did Cathe's Step Max before I saw this thread. I knew that wasn't my oldest. I figured it would be MR Home Improvement or Firm Vol 1. Then I found Jump To It! with Dana Finnegan and Debbie Smith. So I did it today. It was filmed in 1985 although it wasn't released until 1989. It has a 12 minute introduction and stretching warm-up. I did some basic bounding and light jogging during the introduction. I modified the stretches during the warm-up. Then it was a flashback to 80 style aerobics on the rebounder for 30 minutes. It was fun memory and a good workout.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 06:39 AM  
anahid17
VF Supporter

Today I did Step Reebok the Video with Gin Miller (released in 1992). This was actually the first step workout I ever bought, back in 1999 - I snagged the VHS at a NY Public Library used book/video sale for $1!

The choreography is not very exciting, but I still love this workout - the drummers, the super-serious background exercisers, the industrial set, Max Headroom Gin, all of it.
anahid17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 07:55 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Gilad Bodies In Motion Volume 1 Waikiki Beach DVD, Release Date: 2008 (originally aired on TV in 1993).
I did do this one today and it was fun (and not very hard at all, which was fine with me today). The leotards with the black boots and socks! In this one Gilad has his regular exercisers plus a bunch of tourists working out with him, and lots more tourists watching from the sidelines in aloha shirts and fanny packs. Gilad's mom is in this one too, and is younger than I am, I'm sure!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 07:57 AM  
Cher

Sounds like fun! I’m in! I’ll do mine tomorrow!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 09:14 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

It's a beautiful morning here and I was standing in my driveway trying to decide which direction to go for my morning walk. I was listening to the birds (and a distant garbage truck - it's garbage day), enjoying the breeze, and still couldn't decide.

Then I suddenly remembered this challenge and thought of Jane Fonda's Step and Stretch. I went back inside, down to the basement, and pulled out the VHS tape, copyright 1993. I don't know if it's my oldest. I have some classic FIRMs which may be older, but because they're re-releases, the copyright date isn't the original.
Old 07-09-19, 04:46 PM  
Pam

Thanks Susan P for a fun thread!

I did Jane Fonda's New Workout from 1985. It has 2 workouts: Beginners 35 minutes and 55 minutes Advanced. I did the first 20 minutes of the Advanced workout. A fun workout and surprisingly the last 5 minutes I was in my Peak Zone per my FitBit. I didn't feel like I was working that hard. I would probably have finished the workout, but today was Day 2 of Tom Holland's Supreme 90 and didn't want to fall off track on only Day 2.
Old 07-09-19, 05:13 PM  
Vantreesta

I was going to do a Joannie Greggains VHS leg workout from 1985 but I haven't had any time and won't the rest of the week either. Fun thread!

And I like the idea of workout themes like this!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 11:30 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

:20 Minute Workout with Bess Motta, circa 1983. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rIMgMqDznt0

This was pre-VCR days. It used to be on TV, and I recorded just the audio on a tape recorder. That was when I was a VIT (vidiot-in-training ).
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunny, vintage workouts