Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-19, 07:27 AM  
Calistro

Another one who misses collage catalogues, and the old collage website in general.

I used to love playing the old clips over at the old collage video website. I still pine for them. The new website is not the same.

I also miss an old website I used to frequent called CKSales. I picked up many gems from there such as the original Tracey long productions dvd set pressed with the glitch and powerstrike 1 & 2 on vhs. They had a lot of good workouts there. You can tell how long ago that was as I bought vhs.

I am glad we still have Mary at totalfitnessdvds.

I have kept a lot of original workouts such as firms fitprimes , but currently I am not much interested in the modern workout. I have been on the hunt for older workouts as I want to go back to the way I used to exercise. Recent purchases has been the old buns of steel volumes from Mary, even though I have not used Tamilee in the past much. I was not interested in her workouts at one time but now I feel like going back in time to regular unweighted squats lunges and old style sit ups. Within reason of course
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-19, 02:34 PM  
Demeris

I really miss that Collage catalogue. I was subscribed to it long, long before I joined VF.

I remember reading and rereading the reviews, looking at the cover art, and reading the descriptions long before I ever discovered their website.

Dang. This thread is making me all nostalgic.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-19, 03:04 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I still have a pile of Collage catalogs that I cannot toss away.

The oldest one I have is from Fall 2000. The much older ones were in black & white, I believe, but I didn't keep those.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-19, 03:05 PM  
sherry7899

I have a bunch of old Collage catalogs also. I think they start with late 2003.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-19, 10:02 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I still have a pile of Collage catalogs that I cannot toss away.

The oldest one I have is from Fall 2000. The much older ones were in black & white, I believe, but I didn't keep those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I have a bunch of old Collage catalogs also. I think they start with late 2003.
The Golden Age of exercise videos, sigh.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-19, 05:52 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
What fitness craze from years past do you still have? Do you ever use it? I still have the FIRM Transfirmer but only one of the DVDs that came with that system - was it BSS4? Seems like they finally got the equipment worked out and then moved on.
GoodTimes got the incline step worked out (replacing the Box with the TransFirmer) and then went bankrupt. Gaiam bought The FIRM and was never interested in step workouts. I still use the TransFirmer for all the BSS3 and BSS4 workouts.
Old 06-24-19, 07:07 AM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
GoodTimes got the incline step worked out (replacing the Box with the TransFirmer) and then went bankrupt. Gaiam bought The FIRM and was never interested in step workouts. I still use the TransFirmer for all the BSS3 and BSS4 workouts.
I use it for those and in place of the Fanny Lifter, and as a workout bench for Cathe etc.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-19, 07:41 AM  
Carol K

I still have the Fanny Lifter too. The workouts that use it change heights more frequently than the ones that use the TransFirmer and it's faster to move around.
Old 06-24-19, 07:48 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I still have the original FL that I bought when that system came out, and use it as a side table in the family room. I found another one at a thrift store a few years ago, and that gets used as a step stool in the basement for changing light bulbs, reaching high shelves etc. That may be the most useful old exercise gadget!

Anyone remember the mystery guy who sold Firm DVDs online? I got the Firm BSS1 DVDs from his site during the short time it was up.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-19, 07:51 AM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I still have the original FL that I bought when that system came out, and use it as a side table in the family room. I found another one at a thrift store a few years ago, and that gets used as a step stool in the basement for changing light bulbs, reaching high shelves etc. That may be the most useful old exercise gadget!

Anyone remember the mystery guy who sold Firm DVDs online? I got the Firm BSS1 DVDs from his site during the short time it was up.
My fanny lifter is covered in paint splatters...it's the perfect height for painting rooms with 9' ceilings!

Tags
bandwagon, collage catalog, nostalgia, vf activity, vintage workouts