Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-22-19, 11:48 AM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post

I think what got me was Collage Videos pamphlet. I do miss those.
I loved going to the mailbox and finding the latest Collage catalog - it was like Christmas.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-19, 12:21 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
I was thinking about how a fitness program or instructor comes out, we all jump on the bandwagon, get excited, then the enthusiasm dies out, and it's on to the next one.....

I'm thinking of the Urban Rebounder with JB Berns - it came with about 6 DVDs and we were all talking about them for weeks. (They're still selling the whole set on eBay, NIB). Got rid of that thing years ago.

What fitness craze from years past do you still have? Do you ever use it? I still have the FIRM Transfirmer but only one of the DVDs that came with that system - was it BSS4? Seems like they finally got the equipment worked out and then moved on. I still have most of FitPrime and KickButt but hadn't used them for years until a couple of days ago I did Metaboost.
All of them
Seriously, I have parted with very few workouts (especially sets or "systems") because I love a good fitness library and am continuously rotating things back into my calendar. The biggest problem is that I have so much variety that it can take a while for something to come back around again. I have my regular workouts (currently reformer, stretch & myofascial and cycles of heavy weights such as STS etc). Then "free" workout sessions where I pick whatever turns my fancy. I love cardio (step, rebounding, kickboxing, spin) but it doesn't do good things for me so I have to limit that the most. I still have the JB Berns set and would do it more if I could. Too much cardio kills my muscle definition and wrecks my sleep unfortunately

I have mostly only parted with workouts I despised or thought were harmful though occasionally I traded things I did like for new programs I was desperate to try I also tend to find more generic workouts at the thrift that I may do a few times and donate back to avoid space issues. My biggest problem these days is not bandwagons but more of a pressure not to miss dvd opportunities since they are likely going away permanently. For example, I recently scooped up the Lauren Brooks clearance dvds even though I haven't been crazy about her stuff in the past. Honestly, I'm not feeling the love for these additions (though I'm fairly irritated with her shipping ripoff and that definitely colored my opinion). It was a reminder to me not to be overly pressured by that. I do have a great collection and if I don't ever add another dvd I'm still set for life Overall, I've actually benefited from all the recent dumping of dvd inventories---rock bottom prices on TRX, Bosu, YogaBody, Dreambody and other dvds.

ETA: Have all the initial Firm sets, including the "death box" (which has treated me well ) and the Ramp (lucky Ebay find long after the fact ).
Old 06-22-19, 12:38 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

What is the death box? I don’t recall

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-19, 12:40 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
What is the death box? I don’t recall
Here---nicknamed as such because apparently some of the boxes would collapse suddenly under weight
Old 06-22-19, 12:42 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Oh. Ok. I thought that was the ramp others mentioned

~~~Cheryl

Old 06-22-19, 12:43 PM  
Lannette

Fun thread!

My answer is the same as Taiga’s, All of them!

Many I enjoy so much that I updated them from VHS to DVD. I do use the same workouts now as I did 20 even 30+ years ago. I do use them a bit differently these days but the enjoyment level is every bit as high.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-19, 12:46 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Fun thread!

Many I enjoy so much that I updated them from VHS to DVD. I do use the same workouts now as I did 20 even 30+ years ago. I do use them a bit differently these days but the enjoyment level is every bit as high.
When you put vhs on a dvd is it clear or stays as grainy as the vhs.

~~~Cheryl

Old 06-22-19, 12:52 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
When you put vhs on a dvd is it clear or stays as grainy as the vhs.
Cheryl for most of them I simply repurchased used DVDs, usually from those purging their collections.

For a few that were totally out of print and not available in DVD format, I did burn them to DVD. The resolution is definitely lower but in those few cases I enjoy those workouts so much that I don’t mind.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-19, 02:34 PM  
Pam

In 1980s I use to go a place called Jody’s Sweat Shop in Boulder, Colorado (anyone else?) and still when I hear the songs Jody used to play for our workouts, I want to start doing the routines or at least what I remember of them. The songs were on records.
Old 06-22-19, 03:04 PM  
videofit

Not sure if it was ever a craze but i still use my Perfect Pushups.

Tags
bandwagon, collage catalog, nostalgia, vf activity, vintage workouts