Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-18, 10:45 AM  
desderata

Congratulations on your discipline, determination and great results. You've inspired me to start a Chalean Extreme rotation next week. Way to go.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-18, 01:44 PM  
jusca

Cool! Congrats on your results and finishing the rotation. I finished CLX all the way through for the 1st time. I finally got through Lean phase without quitting. I finished 2 weeks ago. I came to like it. Burn & Push are my faves. I didn't know so many of us were doing CLX at the same time.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-18, 08:01 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

You've inspired me to dig out my CLX and do a rotation!

I need some distraction from other crap going on in life right now, and this seems like a good way to go.

I need to decide if I want to do the original rotation, a shorter rotation with less weeks per phase, or if I want to something like one of Debbie's revised Lean for Life rotations......

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-18, 12:45 PM  
wendug

desderata and sassy- I'm happy to inspire you to do a CLX rotation and I hope you have great success!

jusca - Good on you for completing your rotation this time around. Why did you stop in the lean phase before?
Old 04-20-18, 01:43 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
Congratulations on your discipline, determination and great results. You've inspired me to start a Chalean Extreme rotation next week. Way to go.
desderata, are you at all interested in creating an informal check in? I'm starting next week too. Are you planning to do the full 4 weeks each phase rotation?

I'm still deciding how many weeks I want to do each phase. I did do Burn Circuit 1 this morning to brush up and get excited and I really enjoyed it. I forgot how much I liked these workouts. No repeats!

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Old 04-20-18, 10:15 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post

jusca - Good on you for completing your rotation this time around. Why did you stop in the lean phase before?
It was the increase in time, heavy shoulder focus and less direct focus on the legs and back. An old post had a suggestion to do the Lean phase as 3, 1,2 and that order made it feel more balanced with a workout in between the shoulder intensive ones.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-18, 08:44 AM  
desderata

Quote:
desderata, are you at all interested in creating an informal check in? I'm starting next week too. Are you planning to do the full 4 weeks each phase rotation?

I'm still deciding how many weeks I want to do each phase. I did do Burn Circuit 1 this morning to brush up and get excited and I really enjoyed it. I forgot how much I liked these workouts. No repeats!
Hi Sassy - yes, I would like to do an informal check in. I'll warn you, though, I've not been great at checking in on the one or two past attempts. I'll try to do better this time. I'm thinking of doing 3 weeks in each phase. I think I would get bored doing the full 4 weeks, and I don't think I can take Chalene for 12 full weeks. Do you want to start tomorrow or Monday?
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-18, 10:51 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
It was the increase in time, heavy shoulder focus and less direct focus on the legs and back. An old post had a suggestion to do the Lean phase as 3, 1,2 and that order made it feel more balanced with a workout in between the shoulder intensive ones.
I had not heard about the change in order of the workouts for the lean circuit. That switch makes sense to give your shoulders a break! I'll have to try that order the next time I tackle a CLX rotation!
Old 04-21-18, 11:52 AM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
Hi Sassy - yes, I would like to do an informal check in. I'll warn you, though, I've not been great at checking in on the one or two past attempts. I'll try to do better this time. I'm thinking of doing 3 weeks in each phase. I think I would get bored doing the full 4 weeks, and I don't think I can take Chalene for 12 full weeks. Do you want to start tomorrow or Monday?
That's great! I'm not all that consistent about checking in every single day, but we don't need to be like that - we just pop in when we have time and share how it's going trade notes, etc.

I think 3 weeks per phase is great, 4 does get awfully long. I'm planning to start on Monday, and I'm rearranging my workout schedule a little bit. I'll start a thread for us in the Check In's board and list out how I plan to switch it up. Plus, then it's visible if anyone else would like to join in,

Old 04-21-18, 04:22 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I might join the check-in. It'll be late and I'll probably will do lean for life rotation which is only 30 days.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, chalean extreme, clx, grip strength