Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-27-17, 03:26 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Thumbs up Mindy Mylrea--where have I been??

Thanks to this thread, I got curious about Mindy. The workout in the thread sounded interesting and I wondered if she had anything else that was similar.

I have known about Mindy for years, of course, but I had the impression that she was most famous for her cardio workouts, which I always knew were way beyond me. I never thought to try any of her strength workouts. I found her Strength Toolbox workouts on YouTube and just finished the bodyweight workout.

This is a terrific bodyweight workout. Challenging in some parts but not discouragingly so, which gives me room to grow. There is some really good balance work on the lower body portion of the workout. I liked this workout so much that I plan to do it once a week in place of one of my yoga routines.

Mindy's cueing was excellent. She has a very nice, upbeat personality and clearly is in fabulous shape.

I really like her! Thanks very much to the ladies on the "Mindy's Fluid Strength" thread. I think I never would have tried any of her workouts without that thread.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-17, 04:25 PM  
killoffsonny

I have this video. I haven't done it in years. Maybe I'll bring it out this weekend. I sure hope I have it anyway. Now I need to go look.
Old 05-27-17, 04:36 PM  
sherry7899

Almost all of Mindy's workouts are too advanced for me. I really enjoy her strength workout called Pump Party. I use weights instead of a body bar. She is very motivating and I love her sense of humor. This workout has great music.

I converted my Vhs to Dvd. I think it is on a compilation Dvd.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 11:32 AM  
noodles

Her spinning dvds are very challenging. I don't reach for her workouts often though due to music choices but nice to incorporate them once in awhile for a great total body challenge. I especially like the ones that use gliders and bender ball it gets so deep into the butt muscle lol!
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 11:49 AM  
sherry7899

I did not keep any of her spinning dvds. The music is way too soft.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-17, 08:10 AM  
wendug

I haven't done a Mindy Mylrea workout in quite some time. I have a cardio workout of hers on VHS- step and hi/lo. I did a search on You Tube and found some strength and med ball workouts from her. I might just have to do one of her workouts today!
Old 05-31-17, 01:18 PM  
Pascal

I really like her spin workouts and her Body Bar workout. I have a BOSU one, too, but have never tried it.

Tags
bender ball, body weight exercises, mindy mylrea