Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-16, 08:53 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Question Waist work - SS?

I would like a few waist-defining workouts to slip into my regular rotations. I recall rave reviews for both Slim in 6 and Slim Series, but I really don't want to do *all* of them. I do, however, like and use Keep it Up from Si6. In your opinion which Debbie Siebers workout has the most waist work, or is there an altogether different workout or instructor that you can recommend? (At the moment I'm not so much interested in kickboxing stuff, so Taebo, etc is out.)

Thank you so much!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-16, 10:34 AM  
wlorrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I would like a few waist-defining workouts to slip into my regular rotations. I recall rave reviews for both Slim in 6 and Slim Series, but I really don't want to do *all* of them. I do, however, like and use Keep it Up from Si6. In your opinion which Debbie Siebers workout has the most waist work, or is there an altogether different workout or instructor that you can recommend? (At the moment I'm not so much interested in kickboxing stuff, so Taebo, etc is out.)

Thank you so much!
You could get Slim Series Express Core Cardio. Its a 28 minute standing ab workout and 6 minute bonus core workout.

Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-16, 12:03 PM  
LauraBella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post

Thank you so much!
For what it's worth, I always find I can tell almost an immediate difference in my waist area with my FAVORITE Ellen DVD. It's old, it's Crunch, it's OOP. But it's still available used and in digital format. Crunch Super Slim Down Pilates. http://www.amazon.com/Crunch-Super-S...crunch+pilates
Old 01-31-16, 06:24 PM  
pcramer

Speaking of Debbie Siebers, I just found that she has some free youtube videos including several walking workouts and a "core walk" also. I have not done any of them yet, but it is always nice to have more walking workouts right?!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCS...gWhPR3g/videos

Enjoy!!
Old 01-31-16, 07:55 PM  
SueT

Pamela, thanks for posting about Debbie's Youtube page! I've got to try some of these workouts!

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-16, 09:13 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thank you all for responding! After posting my original question I thought of Ellen as well, and Miranda/Sahra too.
Thanks again!
Old 01-31-16, 10:46 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Do you have Jessica's new Walk Strong set? The Ab 360 workout from the set is really good! It uses weights for many of the exercises and most of the work is standing ab work. She does standing core work in a number of the other workouts, as well, but Ab 360 specifically targets this area.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-16, 10:57 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I do have it Pam, but haven't tried Ab 360 yet...mostly because I thought it would be like her Cardio Abs workout which is much too hyper for me these days.
Old 01-31-16, 11:20 PM  
Lorelai

I was perusing some old threads not too long ago and I recall one about Ballet Beautiful being very complimentary to hourglass shapes. Since the small waist is a defining feature on hourglasses, maybe that type of workout is worth looking into, although frustratingly, the threads didn't really say how/why BB complimented/accentuated her hourglass figure, just that it did. So if anyone reading this has any insight to that, please, inquiring minds would like to know!

Other than that, another vote for Ellen, and maybe just Pilates generally. Grace & Gusto, Fusion Flow, maybe Pick Your Level Weight Loss Pilates, Crunch Super Slim Down? Also, perhaps sections of 10 MS Pilates Perfect Body with Suzanne Bowen? I haven't done that one in a long time but it has targeted sections which might hit the waist nicely, and in a short amount of time too.

ETA, if you like Jessica, and you can use YouTube, then maybe this standing Pilates routine would be good for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ-RKEM43hw

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-16, 11:31 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thank you for your thoughtful post, Laura, and also for the link to Jessica's workout. Yes, standing Pilates might be just the thing I'm looking for.

Tags
pick your level, standing pilates, waist, waist exercises