Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-15, 09:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Barre3 streamers - a couple of questions

First of all, thank you to everyone who tagged the Barre3 conversations to make it easier to start my research! I've been wanting to incorporate more barre - but of a gentler nature. It seems like Barre3 is the way to go for me. I want to compliment my Margaret Richard workouts with some barre for strength and toning, but also want to strengthen my back and core in a joint-friendly way.

I am leaning toward the streaming subscription as there is no more room in this house for another video. First of all, how is the customer service? If you decide to suspend your subscription, is it hassle free to do so?

Second, are the workouts on the Barre3 DVDs also available with a website subscription?

ETA: a third question - do they have a section for beginner level?

Thank you for any feedback!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-15, 10:23 AM  
nschultz

Their customer service is great. I once had a question about a clothing product and someone personally called me and talked about the fit.

Yes, the DVD workouts are available to stream.

All of the workouts have a beginner modification. It's great. I've never regretted their streaming. I love it.

My only complaint is you can't save your favorite workouts separate from the rest of the video library. Oh well, not that big of a deal.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-15, 10:29 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I've been streaming Barre 3 for about a 2 months and the online streaming is one of the best purchases I made this year. Their online workouts are, in my opinion, more challenging than the DVDs and I really, really like them and there never is any dread. I never needed to contact CS, so I can't speak to that.

I also wish there was a way to save your "favorite" workouts, but there isn't so I just make notes for myself on my workout calendar.
Old 11-27-15, 10:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you for the feedback! Does Barre3 offer a free trial any longer? I might sit tight for a bit and see if there is a January special. In the meantime I liked their Facebook page.
Old 11-27-15, 10:47 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Pat, they will offer 50% off year's streaming on Cyber Monday. Regular price - $120 down to $60. Well worth it. I can't link from here, but check out their website under "shop".
Old 11-27-15, 10:54 AM  
prettyinpink

I have been really happy with their streaming.

i think their website has a minor issue with cookies or something. At the beginning of every month, I always have to log in and out several times before it will let me do the new workout. Or sometimes I can see the preview for a few days but can't do the workout, but can still do all the others.

They always show modifications, but in addition, the oldest workouts tend to be easier in general. These are the ones that show up at the bottom of the page, and include the DVD workouts.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-15, 11:13 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Thank you for the feedback! Does Barre3 offer a free trial any longer? I might sit tight for a bit and see if there is a January special. In the meantime I liked their Facebook page.
I also love the Barre3 streaming. I took advantage of a Groupon or Living social special that include the 5 DVD set (28 to Great) plus 1 year streaming membership. The price was very cheap, about $50 or $60.

It looks like there will be a Cyber Monday deal on the 12 month membership which also includes the core ball: $60.

http://shop.barre3.com/collections/d...1#.Vlh97r_hnbg

Still a great deal.

Alternatively, if you have an IOS device, you can buy the app for $4.99. It includes alot of 10 minute workouts which you can easily piece together. The workout videos include a combination of free videos and many from from the streaming site.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/barre3/id709892299

Lastly, there is a 15 day free trial:

http://www.barre3.com/onlinefreetria...FcZlOgodRFIACQ
Old 11-27-15, 11:17 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Pat,

As others have mentioned, there's no beginner section of workouts - but there doesn't need to be. They will start with the base move (which would be a beginner level) and layer on from there, making it more challenging. They always encourage modifications and give plenty of alternatives.

Three summers ago, I used Barre3 streaming right up until my shoulder surgery to remove a large bone spur and started back with their workouts 3 or 4 days after surgery (with modifications, of course). My surgeon was very impressed with how quickly I regained my range of motion in my shoulder, and I've always attributed that to Barre3.

$60 for a a year of streaming is a great deal.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-15, 12:18 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Wow thank you everyone for the great feedback! That Cyber Monday deal cannot be passed up!
Old 11-27-15, 03:15 PM  
donnamp

Pat,

I am thinking about subscribing. I have done their DVD workouts and also on You Tube you can occasionally find some that have been put up illegally - I have watched those and really like what I see. For me, they seem to be very sustainable (as in, over the long haul, I shouldn't have any injuries!) and they always show modifications - and, you don't feel like you are getting "less" of a workout by modifying.

I like to make up rotations, and I came up w/ this as a way to fit in a variety of workouts I like to do - Margaret Richard, Yoga, Pilates, Fusion...

Day 1 – Barre3; Yoga & walk
Day 2 – Cardio & Pilates
Day 3 – Fusion
Day 4 – Margaret Richard & walk
Day 5 – cardio & Pilates
Day 6 - Barre3; yoga & walk
Day 7 – Yoga & walk

I'm probably going to cave on Monday and subscribe for a year - $5 a month, can't go wrong, I guess!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming, hdmi