Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-15, 11:35 AM  
Tinks

The Callanetics Studio

I received an email today for 2 weeks(ends March 30th) of free streaming. Hopefully this code works for everyone. Also, I did not have to put any credit card info in. http://callaneticsstudio.com/levels/

"Happy Mothers Day

Ok, so it may not be Mother's Day where you live and it's not even Mother's Day here in Australia but I am English after all and still think of my lovely mum on this day.

So, in honour of my mum, who passed away nearly six years ago and all mum's around the world, I'd like to offer you a gift of two weeks FREE access to our Callanetics workout library.

No contracts, no setting up recurring payments - 100% FREE

Do you know that we now have 20 Callanetics workouts in our library? We have workouts ranging from 30 minutes to 1hr 15mins. They're all full body workouts... so no body bits get left out and each one will leave you feeling taller, leaner, pulled in and super energised.

Select Monthly Membership level and enter the Discount Code: 628CF02E46

​You won't need to fill in any credit card details."
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-15, 03:31 PM  
mtngoat

Thanks so much for posting! I did the workouts from the book years (decades, really!) ago, and have wanted to try Callanetics again.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-15, 05:42 PM  
Cybersparkle

Thank you for sharing

I haven't done Callanetics in years, it's gonna be fun to try the new versions!

It's good news to see Callanetics going strong after Callan's passing.
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-15, 09:52 PM  
Fidget Queen

I love this site and the workouts. I did a free trial and was hooked . They are some of the most lovely women. And they have a lot to offer to Callanetics.
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-15, 10:21 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Thanks so much! I am currently restricted from doing Callanetics, but I've been curious about what Sandra's new workouts are like, and this gives me a chance to check it out.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-15, 10:55 PM  
aspidistra

I looked on their website and they are an "evolved" method that replaces some of Callanetics with other methods. Has anyone here ever used this evolved method? I am wondering if Callan would approve or not.
aspidistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-15, 11:15 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspidistra View Post
I looked on their website and they are an "evolved" method that replaces some of Callanetics with other methods. Has anyone here ever used this evolved method? I am wondering if Callan would approve or not.
The Callanetics Management Company produced Callanetics Evolution and CardioCallanetics, both of which Sandra Hanna led (along with two other master instructors.) The major difference in the new method is that the exercises are done in neutral spine while activating the pelvic floor. Callan changed it years before the DVDs came (I think back in the 90s) because she started noticing that people doing it consistently for a long time were losing the curvature in their spine.

True to the history of Callanetics Management Company (and even more convoluted now that Callan is gone) there probably is some question about the Callanetics brand and who owns the rights to the DVD, which might be why Sandra isn't selling them (she might not be allowed to even.)

I really like Callanetics Evolution, but the public consensus is that it is more boring that watching paint dry.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-15, 06:28 AM  
Casswoman

There was a very contentious lawsuit between Callan Pinckney and The Callanetics Management Company. After Callan's death, another lawsuit between her family and the CMC continued with the family winning. CMC retains the rights to Callanetics Evolution and CardioCallanetics but all rights to the name, Callanetics, and the original videos has been given to the family.

They are now calling themselves Official Callanetics and have re-released all the original Callanetics videos under this new label. Their website is https://callanetics.com/home. Sandra Hanna and Benjamin Davies are very much involved with the new Callanetics and there has even been talk of new DVDs

Sandra is also trained in Thomas Hanna Somatic Exercises and she has incorporated these into her Callanetics classes. They are wonderful. She is a very good teacher, very inspiring.
Casswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-15, 10:03 AM  
mandie123

I've signed up for the free 2 weeks,looking forward to trying them
Old 03-15-15, 10:36 AM  
desertMermaid

Thanks for posting. I did a few videos today. A 30 minute on on the beach, three quick toning ones (1 arms,2 abs) and then then the 20 minute stretch.

I really look forward to trying more of these. I definitely felt the burn.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
callanetics evolution, callanetics lawsuit, cardio callanetics, sandra hanna, somatics