Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-14, 01:26 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 09:01 AM  
PennyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
I am interested in Active Isolated Stretching with Laura Dugan, Get Bent & Bendy Body with Kristina Nekyia(preview on BellyDance.com), Yummy Yoga with Christa Rypins, Deep Stretch/Yin Yoga with Mimi Solaire, and Somatic Yoga with James Knight.

Does anyone have any experience with these?
I just read on the site of Laura Dugan stretchforfunction that if you hold a stretch more than 10 seconds that you actually increase your chance of injury. What do you think?
Old 08-22-14, 06:11 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
I am interested in Active Isolated Stretching with Laura Dugan, Get Bent & Bendy Body with Kristina Nekyia(preview on BellyDance.com), Yummy Yoga with Christa Rypins, Deep Stretch/Yin Yoga with Mimi Solaire, and Somatic Yoga with James Knight.

Does anyone have any experience with these?
Thanks (I think! lol), I didn't know about her at all, the get bent dvd looks good, althought advance with those splits that I can't do at all I wonder if she shows modifications I wish I could watch a preview of her last dvd as well.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 06:32 PM  
PennyK

Old 08-22-14, 09:43 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
She has short clips of both on BellyDance.com and youtube along with a few tip of the day clips.
I was at her site, and just watched one clip http://fitandbendy.com/dvdsale.htm, I'll check bellydance and youtube as well, thanks!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 08-22-14, 10:34 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
I just found Kristina Nekyia on YouTube at FitandBendy and she has a few clips that I watched and now I'm even more interested in her and think I will purchase both of her dvds.

I really like her!!!
I really like her, too, especially the more I researched. Her YouTube instructionals and the rave Amazon reviews (which appear to be mostly legitimate) were my tipping point. I should receive her advanced DVD and will let you know what I think. I hope I can do 3/4 of it, ha. The shoulder stretches look particularly good. I'll sit out the splits segment () .... Kristina's curviness and earthy female energy will be a nice change from all the "yang" instructors.

Penny, I'm not sure about the dangers of holding a stretch longer than 10 seconds. Opinions are often self-serving, more so when promoted by a commercial interest .... Nothing opens my body up better than long yin yoga holds, but those holds can be intense -- despite yin yoga's deceptively passive appearance -- so I can certainly see the potential for injury if not careful. That's true for just about everything, though.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 10:39 PM  
Pam

PennyK & Breezy Trousers--Plz let us know you like the DVDs from Kristina Nekyia.
Old 08-23-14, 01:23 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
pennyk & breezy trousers--plz let us know you like the dvds from kristina nekyia.
+ 1

ETA: 8 Essential Stretches for the Bellydancer presented by Kristina Nekyia it's 10 minutes long (but it is not follow along, it mostly demo), I'll give it a try.

Old 08-23-14, 05:37 PM  
PennyK

Old 08-23-14, 08:05 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thanks for the update Penny, I was also surprised when I read it was 40 mins. long for just one segment, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the remaining ones. I have a little questions though:
Quote:
She starts out on her back and moves to all fours and then sitting with and without the help of a band or two
That meant resistance (elastic) bands or yoga blocks? I was also wondering if the nice music used for the promo video is in the actual workout? Btw, it was shipped fast!

Tags
active isolated stretch, bendy body, bent, bob cooley, christa rypins, dara torres, james knight, stretching, stretching program