Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-14, 12:40 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
I never get bore of sliding...I highly recommend the UltraSlide download "Cardio Endurance Training Program" It's nothing but pure sliding, just variations of sliding. I knew it wouldn't take you long to reach the other end of the slide board, next is to build up speed than it really becomes fun and as a add bonus watch you lower body get leaner and tighter
Thank you Bee! I'll check that one out, It'd be fun to have a workout with just sliding exercises!! I was sliding again few minutes ago I it!! I can't wait to start seeing results!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 07:23 PM  
kettlebell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar
I just wanted to say that I ordered my home kit from Mary (Thx Kettlebell for the heads up!), so glad she had it , because I saved big time on shipping! I tried the beginner workout, and I absolutely it, I agree with Phyllis and Olala, on that it is not too much lifting or cardio oriented, but I really enjoyed how challenging it was, it challenges my balance and core in a whole new different way.
You're Welcome! Glad to hear you’re enjoying your new fitness toy! What did you think of the quality of the Obsidian board? Did you get the 7 extra workouts?
kettlebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 08:17 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlebell View Post
You're Welcome! Glad to hear you’re enjoying your new fitness toy! What did you think of the quality of the Obsidian board? Did you get the 7 extra workouts?
Oh yeah! I'm really enjoying it and feeling it today! I didn't get the extra dvds as Mary is not carrying them at the moment, she told me she'd probably get them on April. So, I think I'll wait until then and order it from her. I think the quality of the board is good, but then it is my first slide board so I can't compare it to another brand. It looks sturdy, it has a rubber material on the bottom, I use it on uncarpeted floor and I haven't have any issue with it moving or something. The end ("the stoppers") is a transparent plastic (as the one they use in the video, but less sturdy I guess), it get flat and rolls up fairly quick, I place it under the sofa before I'm going to start(30 minutes or so), so when I'm ready it is already flat. Hope that helps! Let me know if you'd like pics to get a better idea.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-14, 02:53 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Sorry it took me so long to give my impressions of the 3G. In my defense, I have to use it in the garage and winter just gave up the ghost today.

LOVED IT! The first couple of pushes off the sides I used some powerful curse words and wondered what I'd gotten myself into. But by about push 10, I felt pretty comfortable with it. I listened to music while sliding side to side for over a half hour. I did break a tiny sweat (and not just fear sweat) but it was not super intense. More like a fast walk, which is fine with me. I'm 5'4" and the 6 foot slide was perfect. I usually lift a leg in some way on each side or throw punches or something. My legs will probably be sore tomorrow.

I liked the wood bumpers! They were way better than the graduated plastic bumpers on my old slide. I didn't slide over one once.

You're right that the slide is thin and light, and you do need to worry about having something on the underside that might puncture the board eventually after you slide over it a few dozen times. Even through my big Nikes, I felt a little pebble under mine and had to stop to get that out.

Keeping up to the beat of that OK Go song "This Too Shall Pass" was my toughest challenge. Just the right speed, if you're looking for music to slide to.

I made a couple bad fitness purchases last year, so I'm happy that this was as fun as I remembered from back in the day.
Old 11-06-17, 08:30 PM  
iwant2bfit

Is anyone still using this?

I'm looking at possibly getting one. Are any of you still using it? Would you still recommend it?
iwant2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buyobsidian, obsidian, obsidian fitness, obsidian slide, slide board, ultraslide