Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-11, 05:02 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Yoga Booty Ballet - did they change the titles?

were the workouts renamed? i went through many VF threads and the reviews section, and the workout titles don't seem to match up.

i found a set dated 2007 at goodwill. it seems that this might have been the set packaged for sale at Target:

dvd 1= 2 hours:
Total Toning basics, 45 min
Advanced Abs & Booty, 60 min
Beginner: Quickstart, 14 min

2 other DVDs, in separate cases:
Live: Hip Hop Abs
Live: Cabaret (i think that's the title - i didn't buy it because it had a deep scratch on it)

i'm contemplating getting the DVD that has Sculpt & Abdominals and Core Strength, and possibly another title, Advanced Fat Burning.

the 1st DVD i described above might have had different original titles.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 12:45 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

They did change the titles of the original set, which used to be the Goddess set. The 45 minute one was YBB Basic (originally, before the Beach Body package, it was simply Yoga Booty Ballet, a standalone VHS). The hour one was YBB Advanced. To my knowledge all of the Lives still have the same names but are being resold as "Ab & Butt Makeover."
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 02:28 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
They did change the titles of the original set, which used to be the Goddess set.
my dearest Pat, THANK YOU. i thought i was going a bit crazy trying to sort out the names. and the VF reviews section's titles for this series is based on what you just wrote in your post.

now - i have a few more questions. for the 3 titles that i am interested in, did they have different names before?

namely:

Sculpt (53 min)
Abdominals and Core Strength (12x3=36)
**Advanced Fat Burning (60 min)

**is this the same as "Advanced Abs & Booty" that i already have on the disc i just bought? the workout duration seems to be the same.

question - am i missing anything by not having the goddess guide?

question - any other YBB titles that you consider "must haves"? i'm mostly drawn to the outdoor settings (i understand the Lives and Masters were filmed indoors) and Ravi the drummer, but it's not a total dealbreaker if any of the other Lives or Masters are worth getting.

i like all kinds of workouts (i own many of Beachbody's series) and instructors, want to mostly center myself mentally and spiritually at this point in my fitness journey. the most recent beachbody series i bought was P90x Plus and TF.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 08-29-11, 03:37 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
now - i have a few more questions. for the 3 titles that i am interested in, did they have different names before?

namely:

Sculpt (53 min)
Abdominals and Core Strength (12x3=36)
**Advanced Fat Burning (60 min)

**is this the same as "Advanced Abs & Booty" that i already have on the disc i just bought? the workout duration seems to be the same.
Not Pat, but Sculpt is different from the YBB Advanced workout. From what I recall it was like an extended version of the weight work from the original two workouts, which was essentially step touching from side to side while doing light weight/high rep arm work. I got rid of it because I found it overworked the shoulders and under worked everything else. And it was boring.

Quote:
question - am i missing anything by not having the goddess guide?
No. It was essentially a brightly colored pamphlet which detailed a 7 day crash diet you can follow, and perhaps some glib motivational tripe. I threw it away almost immediately.

Quote:
question - any other YBB titles that you consider "must haves"? i'm mostly drawn to the outdoor settings (i understand the Lives and Masters were filmed indoors) and Ravi the drummer, but it's not a total dealbreaker if any of the other Lives or Masters are worth getting.
The LIVEs were originally my favorite - they're fun and the set is brightly colored and whatnot, but in the long run I ended up getting incredibly sick of them and preferring the Masters series, specifically Goddess Abs and Goddess Booty, although I mostly like them because they're short and pretty easy and have zero dread factor. I've developed a dread factor with the lives because Gillian and Teigh are super hyper and their zany comments don't really bear frequent repetetion very well, and the cardio is constantly TIFTing and the first few moves eventually become unbearable. Another issue with the LIVEs is that they do a little bit of everything so, as a result, they don't really do anything very well. They're like 10 minutes of cardio, 10 minutes of strength training, 5 minutes of stretching and 5 minutes of kundalini yoga and meditation, so by the end I feel like I haven't really accomplished much. That said, of the LIVEs my favorite is YBB Latin - the set has brightly colored curtains, and I like the floor barre section. The Complete Body Shaping practice was pretty good - it's pretty unique and interesting - although I found it more comfortable performed with a piece of tubing instead of a band, and the Bollywood one, which also uses a band, was nice as well. At first my favorite was the Cabaret one, but it's really goofy and I burned myself out on it.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 03:56 PM  
daisysunshine

unless you don't know how to dance. THEN the TIFT is great!

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 04:37 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
Not Pat, but Sculpt is different from the YBB Advanced workout. From what I recall it was like an extended version of the weight work from the original two workouts, which was essentially step touching from side to side while doing light weight/high rep arm work. I got rid of it because I found it overworked the shoulders and under worked everything else. And it was boring.
my question is about Advanced Fat Burning - do you know if it is the same as Advanced Abs and Booty?

& eibhinn... - thanks for the breakdown on the lives - good valuable insider info.

Old 08-29-11, 07:45 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hmm, I am thinking that if it is an hour and has "advanced" in the title it is probably the original Advanced. It is filmed outdoors with Ravi, has about a 20 minute dance segment with the trademark "bad kitties," a longer ballet segment, and the yoga focus is twists and hip openers.

The disc with the three abs segments and the Sculpt 1 and 2 routines sound like the original from the Goddess set.

Like Eibhinn, the Lives have lost their luster for me, but I can't bear to part with them "just in case."
Old 08-29-11, 08:05 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Pat - i'll go home and do the Advanced Abs & Booty and see if it meshes with your reply. and report back.

good thing you replied because i was ready to order to get this one. if i already have it, all i have to do is order the abs and core strength + sculpt one.

Old 08-29-11, 08:09 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Yes, the pink one is definitely the Basic and Advanced, the green one is the Abs and Sculpt. With those two you have the Goddess set. I think I have a pdf of the Goddess Guide at work, if I do I'll PM you. I never followed the diet but tried the rotation for awhile and got good results and had fun!
Old 08-31-11, 01:14 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Hmm, I am thinking that if it is an hour and has "advanced" in the title it is probably the original Advanced. It is filmed outdoors with Ravi, has about a 20 minute dance segment with the trademark "bad kitties," a longer ballet segment, and the yoga focus is twists and hip openers.

The disc with the three abs segments and the Sculpt 1 and 2 routines sound like the original from the Goddess set.

Like Eibhinn, the Lives have lost their luster for me, but I can't bear to part with them "just in case."
Pat - just a follow up. i did what is now called "Advanced Abs and Booty" and it matches the same times and sequence of what you described. also - thanks for your e-mail with the rotation scans!!

for the lives, i'm gonna try the YBB's Live hip hop abs and then i might consider getting light & easy + latin.

i liked it a lot. although i am SO LATE to this party, it comes at a good time for me.

my first impressions of Advanced Abs & Booty, fka "Advanced" (i didn't do the Total Toning Basics, nor did i do the Beginner QuickStart):

reminds me of a slightly uncontrolled Crunch workout, but not as wild as say, Ravi and Ana kundalini workouts!

if you like dance cardio, standing barre moves, and seated yoga, this is for you. the breakdown is:

w/u = 12 min
dance (cardio) = 14
standing barre work = 15
seated yoga = 15

outdoor setting, with Ravi the Drummer (he's from crunch).

were either Teigh or Gillian crunch instructors?

Tags
repackaged workouts, seated yoga, ybb, yoga booty ballet