Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-30-11, 03:57 PM  
karenlynn
VF Supporter

Non Wrist Intesnive Fusion Workouts?

I love fusion types of workouts, and I'm anxiously awaiting the new Ellens. For now,though, I wanted something to add some variety, and I thought Plyo Pilates I might be answer. It's a great W/O, but my wrists can't take it. A few years ago I sprained both wrists badly in a fall. Due to carelessness I re injured them before they could fully heal, and I suffered some nerve damage which has resulted in lingering weakness. This means that while I love the effect of the planks and down dogs and other body weight exercises in these workouts, I don't love the strain they put on my wrists.

If anyone has any suggestions for some fusion type workouts or other more "mind body" workouts that put less stress on the wrists, preferably ones available somewhat inexpensively, I would be forever grateful. Just for reference, my current rotation includes the original FitPrimes FTGU and Crunch Time, a little cardio, 2 of the Lotte Berks (HHA and HRA)and the Ellen Studio workouts (minus Yogini and Skinny Sculpt). Thanks in advance
karenlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-11, 04:29 PM  
laurajhawk

Several of the Core Fusion workouts are not at all wrist-intensive. The exceptions that I know of are the upper body segment of Pilates Plus (lots of plank work), the Yoga one (down dogs and chaturangas), and Bootcamp (a zillion jump-backs). So the good ones would be Body Sculpt, Arms & Abs, and Thighs & Glutes (and most of Pilates Plus). I don't have Lean & Toned or Cardio. Arms & Abs might have a set of push-ups; I don't remember. These are pretty inexpensive.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 08:58 AM  
sunday

Here are some I love:

Yodates: great fusion of cardio, dance and pilates. Fun!

BellyFit Earth: Belly dance inspired moves with some yoga stretching at the end.

Grace's ATRMs: There are some yoga sections, but not many; lots of barre and lower body work.

The Method: All of these are great, but I really love Target Specifics. Pilates Standing Blend is good, as are all their other ones.

Balletones: Standing ballet inspired work with floor work.

Ballet Boot Camps: I did these all winter long. Great floor work and some standing work.

I am a fusion freak. Hope this helps!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 09:10 AM  
hotncmom

Reach by Kari Anderson
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fusion workouts, the method, wrist, wrists