Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-04-11, 02:24 PM  
RedPanda

Just bumping this thread...

... to paste a link to my review of the Pilates Standing Workout.

I deducted some points for the digital effects, but other than that, I really liked it!
Old 07-04-11, 02:54 PM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
... to paste a link to my review of the Pilates Standing Workout.

I deducted some points for the digital effects, but other than that, I really liked it!
I completely agree with your review. I didn't like Vertical Pilates at all (I know you did). I'm not a purist by any means, but I just didn't feel like it bore any resemblance to, you know, pilates! LOL I also have much better fusion routines in my library. Anyway, I did some of the standing pilates work when I subbed a beginning pilates class (I safely pushed them a bit more than they thought they could go!) and they really loved it.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-11, 03:47 AM  
RedPanda

My Triad ball arrived today...

... via the Video Fitness Special International Shipping Service.

I can now report that it's 9½' in diameter (circumference of 30"), so it's quite a bit bigger than the pink 10MS Quick Sculpt Pilates ball which is 7" in diameter (circumference of 22").

And yes, I've just learnt about measuring diameter. [Going back to edit my other post.]

And yes, geometry was never my strong suit.
Old 07-12-11, 02:23 PM  
naturallove

Quote:
... via the Video Fitness Special International Shipping Service.

I can now report that it's 9½' in diameter (circumference of 30"), so it's quite a bit bigger than the pink 10MS Quick Sculpt Pilates ball which is 7" in diameter (circumference of 22").

And yes, I've just learnt about measuring diameter. [Going back to edit my other post.]

And yes, geometry was never my strong suit.
I wish someone with the Fluidity and Triad Ball could say for certain whether they were the same size. If not, I need to probably get the Triad Ball. Let us know if it makes a difference!
Old 07-14-11, 04:37 AM  
RedPanda

I just did the Triad workout with the ball, and I can report that the larger size of the Triad ball does make a difference, compared with the 10MS Quick Sculpt Pilates ball.

The criss-cross move, which I had trouble with the first time I did the Triad Ball workout - while not exactly easy - is certainly achievable with the Triad Ball. I also found the larger size made the stretches which incorporate the ball far more effective and enjoyable. It has a nice, durable feeling.

And it's purple - which makes a big difference!

For ~$20 it was a good investment for me. I'm looking forward to trying it with my other mini-ball DVDs.
Old 07-14-11, 07:41 AM  
naturallove

Quote:
I just did the Triad workout with the ball, and I can report that the larger size of the Triad ball does make a difference, compared with the 10MS Quick Sculpt Pilates ball.

The criss-cross move, which I had trouble with the first time I did the Triad Ball workout - while not exactly easy - is certainly achievable with the Triad Ball. I also found the larger size made the stretches which incorporate the ball far more effective and enjoyable. It has a nice, durable feeling.

And it's purple - which makes a big difference!

For ~$20 it was a good investment for me. I'm looking forward to trying it with my other mini-ball DVDs.
Well, of course this means that I'm going to have to buy the ball, along with the Level 2 dvd. My honor demands it!

P.S. On a completely unrelated note, I found out at my conference this weekend that the next conference in 2013 is in Sydney!
Old 07-14-11, 01:41 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallove View Post
P.S. On a completely unrelated note, I found out at my conference this weekend that the next conference in 2013 is in Sydney!
The best city in the world!

Tags
ball, balls, mini ball, pilates ball, pilates mini ball, standing pilates, triad, triad ball, zenirgy