Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-25-09, 10:20 AM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

What do folks think about the new CIA 2900 series?

I did CIA 2901 - Amy's Kickbox Surge this AM and loved it!

Amy and the crew seemed relaxed, were having fun and sweating a lot. The music was great - contemporary pop remixes and the combos were a bit complex but not overly so. I was easily able to keep it low impact. Big thumbs up from me! The med ball workout looked like fun as well, but I saved that one for another day.

Hardcore Kickbox Extreme is one of my favorites, and I think this one will be as well.
Old 04-25-09, 10:25 AM  
pharma_gal

Hi Sharon-Would you say this one is more like Kickbox Extreme or In the Ring. KBX is my all-time fav workouts but for some reason I did not click with ITR.
I only ordered Amy's workouts but I really really want Seasun's and Tonya's too. Not sure where to order from Mary or Jen? thanks.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-09, 10:30 AM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

Pharma Gal -- I'd say this is more like Kickbox Xtreme. I didn't click with In the Ring either.
Old 04-25-09, 02:57 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

The med ball workout? Do you mean Kimberly's?
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 08:37 AM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
The med ball workout? Do you mean Kimberly's?
Could be wrong but I think Sharon was talking about the med ball core refining section of Amy's Kickbox Surge.

I did Kickbox Surge in its entirety last night and I really liked it. It has the best music of any DVD I own (and I own plenty!!) I'd say the choreography is not as complex as KBX (at least for me) but I think it's more like KBX than Rumble or ITR in terms of the choreography. The surges were fun and challenging. I had to rewind the workout a bit so that I could master each move. I can't wait to do this again now that I know what to expect.

I really want Seasun's workout, so I can't wait to hear feedback on it!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 09:03 AM  
cmiyachi

I did Seasun's workout yesterday - it's very complex choreography. I wasn't able to get it all but...I think I will get it the second time. She is an excellent cue-er (sp?). Music is great and the core section is similar (but with new moves) as her bosu workout - some plank stuff, some on-the-back moves.

She does have a modify in the group the shows the less complex variations and that really helps.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 09:15 AM  
aggmom
VF Supporter

I did Tonya's yesterday...

and I loved it. Six different step sections, interspersed with moderate weight work. No cardio "surges," just steady state step work. She repeats two sections of step between each weight section, and puts all six together twice at the end. The warm up is pretty intense, but I like that. The music at the end is pumping (I recognized something from Turbo Jam), which is motivating. She is an excellent cuer, although she has a few different names for moves than I am used to. Timing is just right -- at the end of a step or weight section, just as I was pushing too hard, we would switch. Great workout.
aggmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 09:43 AM  
aedinger

I also liked Amy's new one. I did the first premix the other day. I don't think it's as complex as some of her other kb workouts. And I really liked the core workout with the med ball.

Annemarie
aedinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 10:03 AM  
Liz K
VF Supporter

CIA series

I did Seasun's and Kimberly's new workout this weekend and am really happy with both.

I find Kimberly's kickboxing stuff easy to follow and liked the med ball stick parts. It broke up the workout and this will be easy to combine different sections. I didn't check out the premixes yet.

Seasun's was a lot of fun and I liked the music. I got about 90% the first go round and should have it all the next time. Her core work was all about the plank and I felt it. She is a very good cuer which helps alot.

I ordered Amy's from her site and haven't received it yet. I hope to love it as she is one of my favorites.

Liz
Liz K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 10:26 AM  
bergame
VF Supporter

Thumbs up

I've tried Amy's and Seasun's and liked them both very much. I'd recommend also the short but effective abs on Tonya's; I haven't done the rest of hers or Kimberly's.

I give a lot of credit to Greg Twombly for, year-in/year-out, creating inexpensive, fun, moderate-to-tough DVDs with good music, and creating them in a short time frame with a minimum of fuss. If a January ever rolls around without a CIA presale, I'll be very sad.
bergame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2009, amy bento, cia, kimberly spreen, reviews, seasun zieger, tonya larson