Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-12-07, 05:52 AM  
TerryMia

Winsor Buns & Thighs

Question for anybody who has both the original and the "Power Sculpt" one...which do you prefer? Are they both pretty similar, except that the "Power" one uses the band? Thanks!
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 05:53 AM  
snapfishsis

What is the exact name of the power sculpt one? I have 4 diff Winsor Pilates... I like them but the original Buns and Thighs is only 20 minutes...
You are reminding me to do them....

workouts?? pick a number...
snapfishsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 06:38 AM  
snapfish45

I only have the regular one, which I love. I am interested in what others have to say about the one with the band.

Snap out of it!
snapfish45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 07:23 AM  
TerryMia

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapfishsis
What is the exact name of the power sculpt one? I have 4 diff Winsor Pilates... I like them but the original Buns and Thighs is only 20 minutes...
You are reminding me to do them....
Hi Kathy It's called "Power Sculpt Buns & Thighs" and uses the band.
Old 06-12-07, 11:21 AM  
naturallove

I'm definitely interested in these...I heard there was one Winsor LB workout that was really good and another one that was really easy. How many lb workouts has Mari put out?
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 12:08 PM  
Cowgirl32

Kind OT, but whatever happened to the TRIAD ball infomercial that mari put out. It's not on her website or anywhere! :0(
Cowgirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 02:29 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Yes, I've been waiting for it to appear in the Collage catalogue. Maybe G-R needs to get rid of a backlog of Winsor Circles first. The Dynamic Sculpting Ball might have been a marketing preview to test the waters.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 02:46 PM  
BalleRina

I have both of Mari's bun & thigh workouts and I like and use them both. I probably prefer the original one a little more and find it to be a tad more difficult (maybe because I just got it?). There are a few unique moves in each. One difference is that the original jumps right into the side kick series and the one with the band starts with the hundred and rollups to get the core warmed up. There's a bit of glute work at the end of each but it's longer in the power sculpting version. I will always keep and do both of them because at only ~20 minutes, they have no dread factor for me.

About the "Dynamic Sculpting Ball" workouts...if you call the Winsor phone number (listed on Guthy Renker site), you can order the set for 9.95 (plus $5 shipping & handling). It includes the ball, 20 minute and 50 minute workouts, Mari's aerobic workout, and her win in 10 guide, eating plan and success tracker. They'll enroll you in the subscription plan but I cancelled as soon as I received the package and haven't had any problems with being charged for new workouts.

BalleRina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 06:57 PM  
Cowgirl32

YAY! It does exist! I woke up one morning and saw the infomercial and thought it was all a dream! Ballerina--Are the workouts good???
Cowgirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 10:22 PM  
TerryMia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalleRina
I have both of Mari's bun & thigh workouts and I like and use them both. I probably prefer the original one a little more and find it to be a tad more difficult (maybe because I just got it?). There are a few unique moves in each. One difference is that the original jumps right into the side kick series and the one with the band starts with the hundred and rollups to get the core warmed up. There's a bit of glute work at the end of each but it's longer in the power sculpting version. I will always keep and do both of them because at only ~20 minutes, they have no dread factor for me.
Thanks, BalleRina! This is definitely helpful info! Sounds like the first one is more thigh-oriented and the one with the band is more glute-oriented, then, right? Sigh...I guess I need them both!

Tags
pilates ball, pilates band, pilates ring, triad ball, winsor ball