Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-12-05, 01:16 PM  
uberfemme
VF Supporter

Standing Firm System?

I just received an email from Leslie Sansone's Walk Club. There's a special chat tonight with the creator of The Standing Firm System, Donna Snow. During the chat, there will be a special offer to buy the kit for $49.99 (normally $79.99). Standing Firm appears to be a standing pilates/ballet fusion workout. In the kit you get a platform with balance bar, resistance band, video, walker's guide and walker's loop. I'm very intrigued by this system since I love this type of workout. It's also a great price for what you get.

Has anyone tried this? What did you think? I tried searching for reviews, but didn't find any. Thanks!
Old 06-12-05, 03:57 PM  
doskymom

Donna uses this while she's a background exerciser in one of Leslie's workouts (I'll check, but I think it was Walk the Walk Firm Walk). Unless there are new workouts with new ideas on how to use this, I don't think it would be something I would spend money on. In the workout I have where she's using it, she took longer to get into position for each exercise, as she was turning the gadget around and getting situated and she mostly used it to hold onto for balance. Leslie was using ankle weights and the other background exerciser was using a resistance band and I didn't see where the new gadget would add anything to the workout. This gadget looks WAY overpriced to me.

I'm curious - where did you see info that this will be used for a standing pilates/ballet fusion workout? (In the e-mail it said something about the Standing Firm system giving a cardio boost to every step, knee lift and kick you do, which made me think they wouldn't really be doing anything new with it.) I was wondering if there are any new type of workouts this will be used for or just used in her same type of workouts in place of ankle weights (like it is used in Firm Walk). I didn't see any mention of pilates/ballet - where can I find that info?
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 04:12 PM  
KathAL79

Is this the same thing that appears in the "infomercial" at the end of Ballet Boot Camp 2? (I traded off BBC2, or else I'd go check.) Supposedly Jessica Sherwood was making a ballet video to go with it, if that's the case, but it was supposed to street in February or March; there's no sign of it (or the ballet stretch video), though.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 05:16 PM  
doskymom

I don't have Ballet Boot Camp, but I can tell you that Dance Distributors has been selling "The Standing Firm System" for quite some time now. And they do sell it with a workout video (not sure what it's like) and they also sell a separate "standing pilates" workout that uses the "Standing Firm System". This is the first I've heard of this being Donna's creation, though. Kind of reminds me of how Gin's "ramp" turned into Leslie's "walkblaster".
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 06:59 PM  
uberfemme
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doskymom
I'm curious - where did you see info that this will be used for a standing pilates/ballet fusion workout? (In the e-mail it said something about the Standing Firm system giving a cardio boost to every step, knee lift and kick you do, which made me think they wouldn't really be doing anything new with it.)
There was a blurb on the site. I might've misread something though. Thanks for your feedback. You saved me $50. It seems more like simple standing leg exercises not the Lotte Berk-esque exercise I was expecting. Oh well. I can save that money for Turbo Jam. I'm sure BB will take the $50 plus much more!

Thanks again. That was very helpful.

Tags
donna snow, standing pilates, standingfirm