Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-05-19, 08:29 AM  
hulabug1

Barre3 Streaming

Hi! Is anyone currently doing Barre3 online streaming? What are your thoughts? TIA!!!
hulabug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 10:19 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulabug1 View Post
Hi! Is anyone currently doing Barre3 online streaming? What are your thoughts? TIA!!!
I do. I got it for 50% off around their New Year sale I believe. I do enjoy their classes and especially the fact that they do incorporate cardio into their moves, which for me makes it feel more well rounded than some other barre classes (it all depends upon what you're looking for though). My real issue with with Barre3 is their regular price (almost $30/month I believe), which is over the top for one 30-minute class per week and one 40- or 60-minute class per month. There were some months that they put out only a 10-minute monthly class, but subscribers became pretty vocal over that, and they seem to be putting out longer monthly classes as a result. For me personally, I wouldn't pay fully price for the subscription.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 06:07 PM  
hotncmom

I also purchased the annual subscription when it was 50% off (I think it was $150), which seemed like an awesome deal at the time. But it's not such a deal if I don't use it. I like Barre3 but don't find it very challenging. I thought I would use it when I needed an easier, gentler workout, but I haven't felt the pull. For now I'm quite happily doing other workouts. Maybe I'll take a break and tune into Barre3 during a recovery period at some point. For now I need higher calorie burn and more serious toning.

Since I said I think these are too easy, for reference I have been doing workouts like LEKFit, Bari, ModelFit and DanceBody sculpt classes and I've also started back with Ballet Body. I enjoy working my muscles to fatigue and I don't get that sensation with Barre3.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-19, 08:22 AM  
hulabug1

Thank you both so much for your insight! I'm bummed I missed the half off as I would probably try it out for that. It seems pretty spendy at $29.95 per month- probably one of the more expensive ones I've seen. I think my body is craving some more gentler workouts right now and Barre3 just happened to catch my eye. Thank you again!!
hulabug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-19, 10:57 AM  
sillygirl

You can take advantage of their free trial and cancel before your 15 days are up. Then wait for their next sale. I heard it'll be in the Spring (but not as good as the Black Friday deal of $149/yr).
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-19, 07:27 PM  
hotncmom

There are quite a few Barre3 workouts on Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/user2465157

Make sure to keep hitting the "Load More" button at the bottom so more videos show up. There are at least 5 30-minute videos and one hour-long one. And there's a download button under the videos too
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3