Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-12-13, 06:31 PM  
isebelleg44

Thumbs up Tracey Mallett's Ballet Booty Barre

Another winner from my recent purchase during Mary's sale. I loved this one and did the whole tamale, except for the final ab move due to freezing issues. I tried it in two dvd players and was unable to forward to the cool down section. I had enough by then anyway, and just did the stretch from Cathe's Turbo Barre.

Anywho this is great workout, that takes it down a notch from her other two booty barre workouts. I still got a nice burn and it was nice not be repped to death. The workout moves at very nice clip, which was good considering I did the whole workout. A versatile dvd that will probably get more use than my other Booty Barres', although I enjoy those as well.

I am 4 for 4 with my new workouts! Now I just need to exchange my copy for one that doesn't freeze.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-13, 10:08 PM  
lrb04

I am looking forward to trying this after I try Booty Barre for beginners & beyond! Mary is !
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-13, 07:10 AM  
topfitmama

I love this one too! I think Tracey nailed it this time. Erica does a good job at showing doable modifications, Tracey offers tons of form pointers, no bikini, cellulite or wobbly bits talk, just straight forward instruction.
The pettite allegro segments are so much more fun than the horizontal cardio in her first and second booty barre, and more effective cardio than the little bit in the beginners workout.
The variety is great, not too many repetitions of anything, you get that burn going, just not the excruciating I-can't-do-another-second-of-this kind of burn.
I love the floor work using the ball. Pretzel with a ball is fun!
There are no super deep plies and no booty shaking. The moves feel more controled, like in the Beginners and Beyond.
The music is kind of meh and feels a bit loud at times, but it's tolerable.
I miss a separate cool-down chapter, but at least there is a nice separate warm-up that is really nice.

I haven't done the whole thing in one go. I did half last night, and half this morning. I see myself using this one often, either stringing two chapters or doing one and some cardio.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-13, 08:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Thanks for your thoughts and review, Ruth. I have been wanting this one since it came out but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I will though
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-13, 08:52 AM  
topfitmama

Your welcome, Summer Breeze! Go ahead
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-13, 09:01 AM  
maitai

Why? Why? Why did I read this????
Must order..............
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-13, 09:05 AM  
lilmonkey2

I got this recently but haven't given it a try yet. I think I'll do this tomorrow!
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mini ball, pilates ball, pilates mini ball