Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-08-13, 12:06 PM  
jerebo

MB45 Essentials, Fitness is Function, or Skogg at Home?

I'm halfway through the Skogg System workouts (iPad version) and have really been enjoying them. I like the format, the amount of time in the workouts. I'd like to follow this rotation up with another Kettlebell system. So, as you see from the title of my post, I'm considering three possibilities (though I'm open to more suggestions):

1) MB45 Essentials--or should I move on to the Advanced DVD already?
2) Fitness if Function
3) Skogg at Home

I don't have doubles of KBs and am not sure how interested I am in obtaining them. I know that Skogg at home uses some double KB workouts. How many are there? Are they easy to modify? I prefer to keep workouts to an hour or less.

If you think I am excluding a better system, let me know. I'm tempted by RKS, but it's a little pricey. Same with Dasha's workouts.

TIA!
Old 11-08-13, 12:49 PM  
Breezy Trousers

I've owned all three. I didn't connect with MB45 Essentials at all. I can't remember why -- just preference, I guess. I own but haven't tried Fitness is Function yet. The previews look good, so I'm eager to do a rotation in 2014. However, one of my favorite 2013 purchases was Skogg at Home. The Skogg "classes" are similar to RKC classes I attended. It's a no-dread, laid back system, and Michael is a favorite instructor. If I recall correctly, I used doubles and DH used singles. I wanted a more intense cardio effect, but he didn't. It's been nearly a year, so I can't give more specific information off the top of my head .... We both liked RKS. I don't like RKS as much as Skogg at Home, though. DH liked RKS better .... I consider Dasha's first series to be a different bird from these -- cardio with light toning benefits rather than heavy training -- but it's great fun! I highly recommend it. I haven't bought her second series and probably won't. One Dasha seems enough for me.

Last edited by Breezy Trousers; 11-08-13 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Additional comment on Dasha --
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 01:47 PM  
jerebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
I've owned all three. I didn't connect with MB45 Essentials at all. I can't remember why -- just preference, I guess. I own but haven't tried Fitness is Function yet. The previews look good, so I'm eager to do a rotation in 2014. However, one of my favorite 2013 purchases was Skogg at Home. The Skogg "classes" are similar to RKC classes I attended. It's a no-dread, laid back system, and Michael is a favorite instructor. If I recall correctly, I used doubles and DH used singles. I wanted a more intense cardio effect, but he didn't. It's been nearly a year, so I can't give more specific information off the top of my head .... We both liked RKS. I don't like RKS as much as Skogg at Home, though. DH liked RKS better .... I consider Dasha's first series to be a different bird from these -- cardio with light toning benefits rather than heavy training -- but it's great fun! I highly recommend it. I haven't bought her second series and probably won't. One Dasha seems enough for me.
Thanks, Breezy. Good to know. Of course, I already click with Michael Skogg, so his next series seems a reasonable fit.

In terms of value, the info I have suggests the following ordering:

1) Fit is Function, 18 workouts for $20 (if you subscribe to the streaming workout). Four-week rotation. Just over $1 a workout. Wow!
2) MB45 Essentials, 6 workouts for $15.00 offering a 6-week rotation. $2.5/workout.
3) Skogg at Home, 12 workouts for $40.00 (I know I can get the combo pack for $36, but then I have to pay shipping. If I get them from Amazon, I don't pay shipping, so it comes out just a little cheaper). $3.33/workout. Not sure about the rotation.
4) RKS, 16 workouts for $90, $5.63/workout. How long is the rotation with this one?
5) KBKB The Body series, 10 workouts (1 of the DVDs appears to be a tutorial), for $120. $12.
6) KBKB Scorcher, 4 workouts for $60, $15/workout. Again, I don't know the length of the rotation.

Maybe I've just talked myself into the Fit is Function rotation. And then Skogg. And then RKS
Old 11-08-13, 01:58 PM  
jerebo

I just watched the Fitness is Function preview at Total Fitness DVDs. The set looks really claustrophic to me! RKS has a great set. But it looks like they don't talk at all...

Can't find any clips of Skogg at Home to know.
Old 11-08-13, 02:44 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerebo View Post
I just watched the Fitness is Function preview at Total Fitness DVDs. The set looks really claustrophic to me! RKS has a great set. But it looks like they don't talk at all...

Can't find any clips of Skogg at Home to know.
I agree with all you wrote, Jerebo! Skogg at Home feels cozier than the other two.

The first part of this clip gives a general idea of what it looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9i_asjqmvI
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 03:03 PM  
jerebo

Thanks for that link. I'm definitely leaning toward the Skogg at Home (and maybe later the Virtual Skogg).

Would still love more opinions on these, if only to make my decision harder.
Old 11-08-13, 05:07 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerebo View Post
I'm halfway through the Skogg System workouts (iPad version) and have really been enjoying them. I like the format, the amount of time in the workouts. I'd like to follow this rotation up with another Kettlebell system. So, as you see from the title of my post, I'm considering three possibilities (though I'm open to more suggestions):

1) MB45 Essentials--or should I move on to the Advanced DVD already?
If you were considering the MB45 the advanced would be better for you. If you want to try it PM me and I can send it to you for a few weeks to see if you like it.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 08:06 PM  
jerebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
If you were considering the MB45 the advanced would be better for you. If you want to try it PM me and I can send it to you for a few weeks to see if you like it.

Wow! That's so generous of you I'll do that--if it's OK to wait until I've finished the Skogg system.

VFers are so generous
Old 11-08-13, 10:15 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

No problem Jen. Just message me when you are ready.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, kettlebell kickboxing, mb45, skogg at home