Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-22-20, 09:47 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I swore that 2020 was my year.

Little did I know the Pandemic, the shut down, the whole 9 yards. But I am working it and will continue to do so until the end of the year and beyond!!!! Today's workout felt pretty good. so I can't complain. The lead legs must have been from being so late in the day.

It's late and I need to get some sleep, so I'm going to post and run.

11/22/2020:
45 minute row, Power Zone 45 minute with Matt (this was the one I delayed doing - cuz zones 4 & 5)., Power zone 30 minute Denis - endurance to cool down, Sundays With Love (Ally - with Nancy) virtue: honesty and my post ride stretches.

The row was ok. She did a lot of drills and I thought (incorrectly) due to the Santa hat it would have more Christmas music. OOOps. Not the case.

That's all folks.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 07:46 AM  
Helen

Mon., 23rd Nov.
51min, Cathe - XTrain - Chest, Back, & Shoulders
45min, Couch to 5k x2, with Alice, along the harbour.

Really wasn't feeling it tonight, didn't get to it until almost 8pm, and was going to ditch doing the Couch run, but Alice stood longingly in front of where her harness & lead are, so did it for BOTH of us. Didn't finish the run until after 11pm. The harbour path is so nice (and empty) at night though, I'm really liking these late night runs, and the hotter it gets into summer, Alice will need that to be when we go, even with a closer clip she's still essentially wearing a jumper. Totally a bonus that I'm out of the house to avoid TV + snacking & no appetite when I'm done.

Was pleased with the XTrain - last did it when it must have been new (2013) and noted that used 2/3 of Cathe's weight for most of it. This time, matched for chest & back, but not for shoulders - obviously need more work there - injury 'n all.

Good night now - hope this week is MUCH better for everyone.

I'm still keeping up with your election & Covid woes - both are feeling endless. At least one has a solid due-by date (20th Jan). ((hugs))
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 06:07 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Let me post my workouts first, since hubby will be coming home with take-out dinner shortly.

11/21 - dog walk
JS's Interval Mix
Classical Stretch S4:E26

11/22 - CS S4:E25
Reps to the Rhythm 3300 Steps (will not do this again, had at least 3 ads in the middle, grrrr!)

11/23 - dog walk
JS's Barefoot Fusion Flow

I'm sticking with Jessica's rotation, but skipping a day here and there so I don't burn out. I also started with some old Classical Stretch, starting with the last in the series and working backwards. I usually start with E1 and never make it to the end, so these may never have been done?

Cleda - how terrible about your fridge. Covid has had an impact on everything! My son had to have his fridge replaced and had a long wait as well. Losing all that food is heartbreaking. Glad you are coping and still working out like a champ!
Helen - watching our election is like watching a train wreck, it's hard to watch and hard to look away! If you watched Biden & Harris' acceptance speech, you saw the Wilmington Riverfront where we go to the Minor League baseball games. It's very exciting having this so close to home.
It sounds like Alice is a good influence on your exercise routine! Once it gets hot, early or late are the only times to head out for a run.

Food's here, have to run!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 08:51 PM  
Helen

Hey all - Tuesday at work, popping in after lunch.
Was very late this morning so didn't stop by.

LILI
Oh yeah - I couldn't STAND ads in the middle of a workout.
There were VHS workouts by Aussie Fit (was going to say years ago, but more like DECADES ago!) that interrupted the workout 3-4 times for "a message from Dr. ....." that gave advice on footwear (ad for Reebok), nutrition (ad for major grocery chain), ... and ALL their workouts had the SAME segments inserted. (roll eyes) Have they NO idea that people do them over and over again?

I shall do Google Earth to look at Wilmington Riverfront more closely. I really like seeing the places that are part of your lives. Makes things more 'real' for me.

Have a good day (only 17 school-days left until 5 weeks long holiday!)

ETA 9pm
46min, Cathe - XTrain - Bi's & Tri's - finished around 8pm, then DH phoned & was in chat mode.
About to head out with Alice - it's thankfully much cooler tonight.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-24-20, 05:22 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Need a reply in here for Helen!

So we keep this check in going!
So good to see you guys. I read last night (too tired to post, so went to bed instead. Limited time this a.m, not unusual!)

Helen: You probably watch our news more closely than I do! I have to turn it off and really limit my exposure to any of it. I listen once in the morning on my way to work and maybe catch the local news. I try to avoid most of it on the computer. It's just wayyyy healthier for me that way. Sounds like you've got a solid plan in place for running and a schedule. I (obviously!) do so much better when I have a schedule.

Lili: Some times I think that working out is the best coping mechanism for me. Raise the endorphins and I can deal. So much going on in life and the country right now. Which is why (as stated above) I limit my news watching. That and I earn badges!

So both Peloton and Hydrow should have some badges for the upcoming week. Peloton runs them all week and has them available AFTER the holiday to earn as well. Hydrow is ONLY during Thanksgiving day. The problem with Hydrow? They offer them, but they don't show up until a few days later. No instant gratification and if I take the wrong one? Oooops. (and it may be more than just one day - might be the whole weekend ~ I have to reread about it.) Love me my badges!!! We all know that.

Ok, on to me, me and all me:

11/23/2020: Becs Endurance run (45 minutes) with incline - took us up to 2, 3 and 4. Ran on a steady 1 incline to mimic outside. I am pleased with how it went, especially since I didn't want to do it. I was going to do a ride or two for the challenge. But we know Monday is my long run. 45 mins. would have to do. Time was short! I also did a 10 minute breathe rowing session with the Hydrow app. Not my favorite. I couldn't seem to sync my rhythm with the athlete. Although? It was still a good row.

New fridge is due to arrive today (fingers crossed). Then it's shopping to get restock it. Not exactly what I had planned for the next 2 evenings before Thanksgiving. But then again? Life never goes as planned, now does it? Movin' on.

Make it a great day. Off to the bike.
Cleda
Old 11-25-20, 04:35 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Waving Hi!

And checking in.

New refrigerator arrived yesterday. YAY! I was able to get a turkey yesterday! Double Yay! Thanksgiving will be had. It's all hooked up and running. I went to the store(s) after work yesterday to restock some of it. (I also went in the pantry to pull out some condiments to put in.) It was a full day of work, so I never got to the stores until 7:30 p.m. Had to check the store hours as so many have changed due to the pandemic. (Most are back to regular hours though - although that could change again !!! I just never know). So, I hit Costco, then Bjs, then home. I was beat. But pleased that the stores were NOT crowded and that I found a turkey and most of what I needed (for now). I have one more store to hit on the way home from work today and then we're in pretty good shape.

Ok, on to my check in and have to run and hope to get a ride or two in before work. (I love that they are done and then I am free when I get home to do whatever I want. . .)

11/24/2020: Power Zone ride (60 mins.) with Matt. My mind made this one far harder than it actually was. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. (Zones 2, sweet spot - between 3 & 4 and zone 4) The good thing? recoveries were in zone 1 ** , 15 minute row (breathe). Forget the instructor and my ipad is charging. But it was a great row. Focused on technique, I was able to get in sync with the instructor. It was reggae and similar island music and just made me happy.

** So, I thought I heard a truck at 6:15 a.m. in our neighborhood. For whatever reason, I hadn't heard from the delivery company for the fridge. I decided during one of the recoveries to check my email. Low and behold it said it would arrive between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. All of a sudden, I panicked thinking that it was the fridge arriving early, so I hop off the bike, race up the steps in my cycling shoes .... screaming for dh to wake up .... LOL. he's not an early riser, so that was pretty funny. Turns out it wasn't the fridge. Get back on the bike, recheck the email get a NEW notification that they updated delivery time to 1:30 to 3:30. oh my ... Oh well, dh was up then. No turning back Then they called me about 10 minutes later to say they would be there early afternoon. Ha! Nice little drop out on my graph for that ride!

Ok, gotta run. Till later.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 11-25-20, 05:16 AM  
Helen

CLEDA
Glad you're all fixed with the fridge, turkey & extras.
I would NOT have been happy to have been made to get up at 6:15 for no reason. Hope you made it up to him.

Wed., 25th Nov.
30min, Cathe - Perfect 30 - HIIT - High Impact
Week 2, Day 3 of rota done

I'm tired, been alone too long, work is crappy, DH isn't making decent dinners and I'm slack about that when alone .... need to do my evening out with Alice, but don't think I'll do the run, then come home & whale on the couch with a movie. Yeah - that sounds a good idea - snuggly with the fluff-ball.

Best go - it's after 9pm already.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-25-20, 05:48 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Snuggle with the fluff ball indeed! I was using my dogs as therapy last night, too.
Cleda - carrying on with all the workouts and the badges! Glad you got the new fridge and are set for Thanksgiving.

11/24 - Classical Stretch S4:E24
30 Minute Bon Jovi run that Cleda recommended. I enjoyed it!
1 Mile with Leslie as a cool down.
Then I gave blood in the afternoon to get my free T-shirt (and because there are always shortages around the holidays).

11/25 - dog walk and stringing more outdoor lights.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 06:54 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Like night and day

Good Morning Everyone! And HAPPY THANKSGIVING to those who celebrate. (wait - are there still only 3 of us in here right now??? But happy Thanksgiving anyway!!!!)

I almost forgot to explain my title: Like night and day - I know I always say I'm not a morning person. But truth be told? I'm usually up around 3-4 a.m. And I am (physically) much better off in the a.m. so I try to get all work/chores done at that point. By night time? I am just too exhausted. Dh is the exact opposite. Would much rather sleep in and can be busy later in the day/night when he's more energetic. So we are TOTALLY opposite.

Yep !!! It's a great day to earn me some badges. Peloton, Hydrow. It's amazing how those silly little things motivate me. . .

Lili:
Glad you enjoyed the Bon Jovi run. (I don't even remember it now. May have to go back and try again!) lol. So many workouts to choose from. You are great giving blood. I used to do it all the time, not sure why I stopped. Oh because the blood mobiles are not around like they used to be. It's not that I would ever "plan" on giving blood. If the bloodmobile was around, I'd give. (I'm O negative so everyone wants me.) So great to be loved.

Helen: "whale" on the couch. I got a chuckle out of that. I do consider the tv and couch the devil. I either eat too much (snacks) or fall asleep. Hang in there!

me, me and all me cuz I have to go earn me some badges:

11/25/2020: 45 minute Power Zone Ride with Denis. It was endurance all zones 2 and 3 and dare I say EASY? (No! I'm not doing my FTP test any time too soon. . . I actually liked doing a semi-recovery ride). It's cold in the house, so I barely sweat too. Not that sweating is a great indicator of how hard I'm working .... Then I followed it up with - WAIT FOR IT !!! Bellicon - Bounce and stretch. Boy did that feel wonderful. Reminded me of why don't I pull it out a little more frequently? Oh yeah - too many workouts, not enough time may have SOMETHING to do with it.

I also caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror as I was bouncing and I was surprised to see my new shape that has taken form. It's smaller and it's a bit more muscular. Caught me by surprise. But I'll take it!!! Made me smile all day long.

Ok, off to get the workout in so I can make some dinner for the afternoon. I only have a small turkey (13 lbs.) The new fridge is nice. I hit one more store yesterday and I do believe I'm back to being well stocked up again. Kaching! Kaching! But it's done. Now for the ice maker to keep busy and give us more ice .... I am slowly filling the bin (We use a LOT of ice).

Make it a great day ... will check in later.
Cleda
Old 11-26-20, 07:54 AM  
Helen

Happy Thanksgiving! I know it's a big day - is it bigger than Christmas ? or just different?

We have nothing like it here.

My DH & I are alike - both night-owls. After 11:30pm as I type. Waiting for midnight so I can book a computer room for Friday of 2 weeks away - it's like that. :/

Thursday night - cleaned house & did groceries for Cait & Corey to come tomorrow afternoon. Instead of a quick snack (and for Corey & I to meet each other) they decided to stay for a meal - very late lunch. Only exercise was a 30min walk to the nearest park (just half a block up the road) for Alice to have a ball run.
Buddy went for a swim - very still & humid all day, and 31C (88F)

As to TV & the couch - DH calls me a tilt doll - if I'm horizontal, not long before I'm asleep.

So I'm one day behind on the rota - not bad for me nearing the end of the 2nd week.

The Bellicon made an appearance!! Been a while.
Too many workouts?! Soap & water, hehe. But I know what you mean.

Hope all are well and STAY well!!
G'night - 6 minutes to midnight - have to go & watch the minutes pass for that booking, then to BED! Waiting past midnight for them, combined with a tough rotation & DH away, has been taking its toll lately.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.