Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-12-20, 04:55 AM  
Helen

Sorry Cleda

Thu., 12th Nov.
55min, Christi - Solid Gold Cardio - Strength & Stretch Platter

Oh yes, I hated the doctor saying "for your age". Grrr....
Honestly, how my knee is feeling, I'm guessing that I'll be heading for that MRI to show a meniscus problem. Hoping NOT needed but mentally preparing for it.

My optimism is showing by buying Christi Fantastic Four & Totally Cool Step #1 tonight. I have all those workouts already BUT only as YouTube download or converted US VHS so black/white due to conversion problem. I wanted to get them before they're unavailable.
Fantastic Four is Still Steppin'/Jumpin' and Hilo/Step Heaven.

Friday tomorrow & DH is home on Saturday - been a long 2 weeks.

Leaf raking is AB WORK!! Especially in the obliques. Grateful I don't need to do it, nor snow shovelling.

G'night!!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 09:22 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - thanks for keeping us going! And thanks for agreeing that raking is a workout! Nice string of workouts going! Glad you are enjoying the rowing!

11/10 - Raked leaves.
Dog walk.
Have a Ball (part of JS rotation).
20 min. Groove Ride with Cody**
10 min. Yoga Flow with Denis - that's right, I did yoga!
11/11 - Raked leaves before the rain.
10 min. Meditation from YouTube.
Got called by DD for last minute babysitting duty, so not much, but took a page from Cleda and did a meditation!

**I liked the music for this ride, but it really bugs me when the instructor stops riding for more than a few seconds to dance or stand and talk/sing/whatever. I don't always pay attention to the cadence they call out, so I need to follow their leg speed, and I can't do that when they are not pedaling!

I hope to hit it hard today to make up for yesterday!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 06:40 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!!!

TGIF? Right!!! At least by the time Helen is reading this, she'll be on the "wind down". (I'm off today!)

Checking in before I get the day started.

Lili: I really can't stand (no pun intended!) when an instructor (Peloton) spends more time standing than not. It really, really, really bothers me. I am so used to Matt, Denis, Olivia, Christine (during power zone rides) who ride along with us. Some standing is ok. Like ally does in some of her Sundays with Love, but mostly she rides along. But the instructors who spend more time standing than cycling really bothers me. I should mention, I think I've done one maybe two rides of Cody's and he's not my favorite. YMMV! Meditation is good. I bet it felt great after all that raking you've been doing.

Helen:
We're beyond that. (Apologizing for not posting). I think it was more to me than you anyway!!! Nope, no guilt trip intended. We all post when we can. Sometimes it's daily, sometimes it's once a week. Life gets in the way. So no apologies please! Sounds like you're headed for a Christi party!

Pam: How's the hip? Are you feeling better? Come say hi!

Waves to Kay and anyone else lurking.

On to my favorite subject. Me! Me! Me!

11/11/2020: Power Zone Endurance ride (45 mins.) with Denis for the challenge, Post Ride Stretch, 10 minute Row (which ended up being Tabata. They didn't call it that. But I thought of Helen - it was 40/20 split.Yep....Who would have thought?) PM: "Sweat" workout (aka endurance) Row. It was "Dancing with the Rhythm Row" and I loved it. Steady pace, with some pushes. 45 minutes. Great music. I was smiling away as I rowed with Dani. I laughed out loud TWICE. Once when the theme music from Gilmore Girls came on. I thought, "Ha! This is the theme song from Gilmore Girls" and then SHE MENTIONED it. and another time when she nailed a bridge (going under it) with her oar. Made me jump and giggle! (the sound was kinda loud). It was funny. She was fine. But at any rate. . . I did it because Daphne told me there was a badge available for any Hydrow row longer than 20 minutes for Veteran's day. But alas. NO BADGE when I was finished. Fast forward to the next night? It showed up! 24 hour delay ?? But hey - I got another badge. ONWARD ....

11/12/2020: 30 minute Holiday Fun Run
on the treadmill with Becs. (it was fun and I hit some pretty fast ~ for me ~ speeds). Followed by a 45 minute endurance power zone ride for the challenge.

I was going to do a couple of power zone rides when I got home from work to get a boost on the challenge, but well ... it didn't happen. I sat down. (Big mistake) and that was it. I decided to get caught up on my tivo'd shows instead. (aka sleep). But shows are caught up and I survived! Today I will do a ride or 5 and get ahead.

I am thoroughly enjoying the Hydrow App. I think I say that every time I post. I need to get some gloves for rowing. I have cycling gloves which I was wearing, but they are old and kind of disintegrating. I've already done 7 of my 18 sessions for this month, so I have no doubt I will get them done. I probably will subscribe to the app as well. We'll see. I know I have some Itunes cards laying around, so I will put them into the Itune store and be good for a couple of months!

Ok, gotta run. Lots of stuff to do this weekend.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 08:37 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I'm glad that the instructor not riding bugs you too! I am always hesitant to complain about something, because I really have enjoyed the Peloton subscription. My DD recommended Cody, but he did not impress me. I think the younger generation has accepted foul language as normal language, but at least they don't use it around me! She also recommended the Beyonce ride w/ 2 instructors, I haven't tried it yet.

11/12 - we managed a dog walk, despite off and on rain.
Fusion Strength from Jessica's rotation, 47 min.
15 minutes of rebounding.

Old 11-13-20, 07:44 PM  
Helen

LILI
Ugh ! Don't start me on foul language being regarded as "normal" - it just shows a severe lack of vocabulary.
Well done on squeezing in a dog walk in between bouts of rain.
Gave up last night - it was torrential, at times, so when it stopped I wasn't willing to risk being caught in another torrent coming through.
See you're still on a rotation, nice!

I'm going to try finishing one with Vantreesta - Perfect30 / XTrain combined. Not a single repeat, and XTrain is mostly virgins.

CLEDA
So that 12 hrs business helped then?
I'm liking that the rowing hasn't overtaken the riding. You do tend to be all-or-nothing (thinking of the love for Bellicon switching to Peleton) - having a mix, I think, is better for your body: balance.
Aaaannnd, kudos for meditation being a regular thing. I wax and wane with it - definitely NOT a solid habit with me yet.

WAVES TO PAM & KAY

Friday = sloth night - but at least I didn't act like a ravenous sloth (that sometimes happens after a long week).

Saturday ~11:30am as I type.
Have not long bathed Alice, and we need to head out - maybe a long one; last night's downpour is well over: clear/sunny. Errand to do that if I walk, rather than drive, will be the right time-frame for her.

Have a great weekend!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-14-20, 07:04 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

You must have me confused

with someone else Helen! All or nothing?!? ME???? FWIW: I do use the Bellicon still. Sometimes for modifications (On burpess and planks), sometimes to bounce out the lactic acid. Sometimes just not enough to report!

Helen: 12 hour give or take definitely helped. I just need an association and I'm good to go. It's how my brain works.

Lili: On the subject of swearing. I HATE IT sometimes. I think it so unnecessary. We have commercials over here that I would REFUSE to buy the product or even go to the store becuase they put swear words in the commercials. I agree with Helen, shows a lack of vocabulary and sometimes it's just not necessary. Do I swear? Yes. But I don't try and put it in a sentence just to put it there. That's why I like Matt's rides. So refreshing that he doesn't swear. (Same with Ally - I think?!?) But anyway, some of the instructors I avoid because it's JUST NOT NECESSARY. Now I"m sounding OLD. Others, I overlook. I think the Power Zone instructors don't swear. I'm sure Matt makes it a rule. (he's so adorable).

I will admit, I'm hesitant to try the Beyonce ride(s). I know I will ... why? Because they HAVE A BADGE and you know how I love badges. I'm not a big Beyonce music person (I don't think. . maybe I am and don't nkow it). I am a big Ally Love person though, so maybe it will balance out. The two for ride? We'll see. I tend to NOT like what mainstream likes. again, enter the old feeling!

Waves to Pam & Kay!
I have to get to the grocery store, so I'm going to post and run. . .

11/13/2020: PZ 60 minute ride with Matt for the challenge, followed by 30 mins. PZ ride with Matt (Week 1 is done and in the books).. Post ride stretch, Becs 20 minute Strength for Runners, Row 10 minutes Miley Cyrus (Breathe workout - no judgement!) I really liked it.

So on the rowing? I know it's an easier more gentle workout. Sometimes I feel like it's nothing. It's almost like a post ride or post workout zen type trance. Hard to explain, but very relaxing when I get in the rhythm. Which makes it nice. I know it's working, I know it's a workout and I know it's a super good workout when I do the tougher workouts. It's all relative. They have endurance, they have the tabata type, they have all sorts. (Btw ~ I am enjoying the heck out of the Hydrow app, could you tell?) I can definitely feel like it's working lots of muscles (legs, butt, hamstrings, upper back, arms, core). But it's very gentle (for me.) I'm also glad i spent 2 months on getting my form down pat. I think I did a great job. I'm sure I will continue with the app into the new year!

Ok, gotta run ... too much to do.
Old 11-14-20, 09:29 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Quickie post today, may come back later and catch up.

11/13 - dog walk
1 Miracle Mile with Leslie as a warm up
30 Min. Endurance Run w/ Becs
15 Min. Barre w/ Ally
5 Min. Post Run Stretch w. Jess Sims

Old 11-14-20, 06:08 PM  
Helen

Drive by for me too - DH home this evening (~6pm).

Sat., 14th Nov.
56min, Franny - Two Workouts with a Vengeance - Hilo + Abs Mix
60min, dog walk

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-15-20, 06:56 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Good Sunday Morning

Checking in and then going to get busy.
I've been doing some cleaning and getting ready for Thanksgiving. Well, it's really just an excuse to try and get things in order!!!

Not a lot to report:

11/14/2020: Becs 45 minute Endurance Run** (from 10/29/2020), 45 minute Power Zone ride (some zone 4 in there),with Matt, Sam Yo cool down ride (Big Pink Elephants called Nellie) 10 mins, Rowing for 20 minutes with Nick - a nice row (20 minutes BREATHE session).

I think I've mentioned that Hydrow breaks their rows into categories: Drive, Sweat, & Breathe. Breathe is the endurance one. There are warm ups and cool downs as well, a category to "learn to row" and "journeys" which is just rowing (I think! I've not done any in Journeys yet.) I like the Breathes as they are nice and endurancey!!! and you all know me I'm all about endurance.

** Lili: i don't know if you did this one? You may have. I kept hearing everyone talking about Becs "Disney Run". I couldn't find it. But I had started this one because it was in the "Beginner" section and it's endurance and this was my recovery/just run day.I thought 45 mintues would be a nice amount of time. I started and I do think this is the Disney Run. It has all soundtracks from Disney. Old and new. Interesting. She's so cute when she "prances" as she runs! But this is a "take it at your own pace" endurance run, nothing killer. She asks us to keep the same pace throughout. It has some incline (4 blocks of work, 2 steady state on flat road, 2 on incline) the highest the incline goes is 2% so very doable. She does ask that you don't change your speed. It truly went quickly and I have it bookmarked to do it again. You might like it. (Becs Gentry Endurance Run 10/29/2020) I do seem to be doing a lot of runs with Becs lately. Hmmmm.

Anyway ... that's it for now. Gotta go. I have more cleaning to do and I'll be meeting Nancy on the bike in a few hours for our Sundays With Love. Heading into week #2 of the PZ challenge. Getting ahead. I hope to bank another 2 rides today for it and by tomorrow night be close to done with week2. We'll see. It's also a Pokemon Go Community Day.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 11-15-20, 10:31 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I liked the Becs Endurance run that I did, so I'll have to try this one. She did the same format on the 30 min. run I did and I found it very doable, despite not running much at all lately. Big Disney fan here. The first half marathon I did was at Disney with my DD and her BFF. It was a lot of fun, despite the 26,000 other runners and having to get up at 3AM to make it on the bus to the race by 4AM to wait around until our corral (the last one) started around 5:30AM. Many lessons learned, but still fun to run through Disney World with many cheering people!
Helen - I always loved Franny! I'll have to pull something of hers out of the dust bunny section and try it again.
Waves to Pam & Kay!

11/14 - dog walk
JS's Cardio Interval Sculpt (this was supposed to be later in the rotation, I had the page turned over, duh)
22 min. Low Impact Cardio from Body Project (so far, I've liked everything I've tried by them)