Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-05-20, 04:20 PM  
Helen

It's FRIDAY!!!!
Still feeling very wintery - windy, raining, cold....
Very unlike November.

Perfect30 hit Sydney on Wednesday morning, hoping to go home to a parcel this afternoon - REALLY hope it fits through the door-slot, but probably not.

LILI
Unfortunately, if crappy kids grow into decent adults, I don't get to see that - we just get the bad years. Everyone... EVERYONE!!! is bemoaning Year 8 (~13 yrs) this year. More than the usual count of them with attitude and little self-control or work ethic, .....

You DO need a plan. We've long established that a rotation works best for you.

People are starting to arrive in the staff-room, time to look busy.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 11:25 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Nov 5:
~Taught Essentrics - The standing/barre combo is a hit with the girls.
~5 km neighborhood & trail walk
~Kyra Pro 20 min Mama Mia Dance workout (YT) - This was okay, but the three commercial interruptions were very annoying.
~Yin yoga class on Google Drive - Very nice, she played the singing bowls at the beginning & end.
~Active release on my Glutes & TFL with a Yoga a tune Up ball - ouch! But I think it helps, lol.
~Steps: 10,093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
SAY WHAT ???????

How on earth can ANYONE not be a fan of cycling!

tee-hee ..... Variety - makes the world go round. I am so grateful to have it. And that we can all joke and have fun and accountability in these terrible, uncertain, weird times.

Thank you VF!!!!
Cleda
ROTFL Cleda!

Helen - Enjoy your weekend & hope Perfect 30 fits through the mail slot. 13 is a challenging age! I think your definition of cold might be quite different from mine, although thankfully we don’t get much snow or below freezing temps here.

Lili - My boys were relatively easy teens, but my eldest definitely had his struggles for a while as a young adult. He’s great now and is a wonderful dad. As much as I love yoga, I’m not a fan of sun salutations either. Yoga is more recovery & relaxation for me.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 01:23 AM  
Helen

PAM
You could be right about that 'cold' definition - for me, anything in single figures (<10C = <50F) is REALLY cold.

No parcel when I got home.

Had quite a painful 'wobbly' with my knee today, just when I was feeling like it was well on the way to healed, so made an appointment for Tuesday. Shoulder still has impingement pain so will follow up on that too.

yoga & stationary bike debate:
Yoga = stretch & balance work, it's ok, don't love it, don't hate it, should do more as would like to be better at both flexibility & balance
Stationary bike = too boring & not willing to pay for streaming live gamification to make it less boring.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-06-20, 08:51 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Oh NO!!! The debate continues

Kidding ... We all have our likes and dislikes.

Helen: So sorry about your wonky body parts. Hope you get some relief soon. I hope you get your Perfect 30s (or whatever they're called?) too ... I look forward to your reviews. Rough time difference? 12 hours? I can handle that. You've made it click now. (Close enough - but your time stamp makes it look like 16 hours. . . Hmmm.)

Waves to everyone! My morning's a wasting, I have to work tomorrow, so I have to get everything (chores) done today to free up Sunday for rest and relaxation.

On to me, me and all me. Had a bout of something. I think it was vertigo. Not sure. (I suffer from vertigo and it can last from a few days of lingering blah to months of miserable. I did my vertigo exercises .... just in case.) Actually got sent home from work. Slept from 2 p.m. until 4 a.m. and only woke up 3x. (once was to have soup & toast that dh brought to me on a tray!) He kept taking my temperature as I slept. Since I never get sick, everyone was a little freaked out. It passed, I went to work yesterday and life goes on. I hope whatever it was/is is GONE for good. And of course, I was happy I had gotten my workout in earlier in the day!

11/4/2020: Peloton Treadmill Adrian's 30 minutes of intervals, 20 minutes Power Zone Endurance ride with CDE (almost have the badge! ONE MORE PZ Ride). and a Post ride stretch

11/5/2020: CDE - Low Impact Ride (20 minutes) **

** this truly was low impact. Zones 1 & 2 only. Wanted to be sure I was ok to go to work after my bout of whatever. I was fine. so off I went to work and yes! I got a light workout in.

So after a couple/few semi rest days. . . I hope to be back at it today. Power Zone on boarding happened, so our old group is up and running. It starts on Monday. I'm hoping the schedule comes out Sunday at some point so I can get a ride or two done Sunday, then a few on Monday and have my cushion going into week #1. We'll see. So be prepared: PZ talk, treadmill runs and MORE PZ talk!

I saw a San Fran You Tube video that came in today (new one) that looks (time wise) perfect and I want to try that one. It's 15 minutes (including warm up and cool down.) Too many workouts and not enough time.

I am also looking to see if Hydrow runs any kind of holiday app offering. I want to try that. But not ready for a $20 a month plunge until I test the waters first. So if anyone hears/sees any offerings let me know. (Much Like many of the companies i.e. Peloton, Bellicon and Les Mills do around this time of year.) I figure they want to get people on board with the holidays coming.

So there you have it.
Off to exercise.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 06:25 PM  
Helen

Saturday morning - it's the WEEKEND!

• One set of reports to write this weekend.
• Final stage of PDP (professional development plan) to be finished by end of next week.
• Another set of reports next weekend.
After that, NO deadlines! Just continue teaching with kids who know nothing will be examined as exams are over - it becomes 5 weeks of behaviour (stay on-task) management - but it's where I tend to do practical activities, and outdoors if possible.

I've done up to disc #0297 (of ~1575) saving playable DVD files for when discs deteriorate and/or player stops working. A few are too old, but happily it's VERY few. "PING!" Disc #0298 in to save (Susan Powter's Lean, Strong, & Healthy)

CLEDA
That 12 hrs is obviously very rough and there are time differences across the US but we're not live, so it'll do - and it's easy.

Knee & shoulder - will let you know what happens.

Friday night = TERD, expected as it's my usual 'sloth night'
apart from an hour's walk with Alice, of course!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-06-20, 07:14 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Did my own Homework

On the Hydrow app. I am pleased to announce, they already have a 30 day trial before actually doing the monthly subscription. So guess who signed up for that 30 day free trial??? It has put the fun back in rowing. I hate when You Tube has ads in it. I hate when I can't find a workout that I enjoyed. I hate, hate, hate it. Sooooooooooo this is like the Peloton of rowing machines. And the app is similar (and getting better -- not quite there yet) from what I've read. I also have the buddy home fitness site that breaks the workouts down also, so it's great! I have a spark back for rowing. YAY .... We'll see how long it lasts. but for now? It works.

11/6/2020: Hydrow row. Some beginner throwback easy row. It was 30 minutes. I followed it with a cool down "technical" row for 5 minutes. It was worth doing. Followed by Matt's Bon jovi run** on the tread (30 mins. + warm up and cool down walk for that, plus CDE's 30 minute power zone endurance ride. FINALLY got the badge. YAY me ...

**Lili: I liked this one. Could be cuz I like Bon Jovi. I like his pandemic song. I am a jersey girl. I dunno. But this was a doable run. Try it. two blocks. Some incline (but doesn't have to be done). 2, 4, and 6 on the incline. I enjoyed it. Bookmarked it to go back and use it again.

Waves to everyone!
Gotta go finish getting supper ready.
Cleda
Old 11-06-20, 09:40 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick post & run....

Nov 6:
~Neighbourhood walk
~20 min rebounding & 20 min gliding
~Beth’s Lower Body Floor Yoga practice in YT & more active release after
~Steps: 10,789

Helen - Yikes, if a 1 hour walk is a TERD, I’m feeling pretty inadequate, lol. I hope you get a diagnosis and treatment regime for your knee.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 05:12 AM  
Helen

Sat., 7th Nov.
52min, Denise - Ultimate Fat Burner
2 hour dog walk, chilly & windy the closer we came to the ocean
went down town, along the harbour & home via the beach

I'm SO tired of my shoulder not being right yet (over a year now!!) and getting really annoyed at needing to be trepidatious about going all-out in workouts (been over 2 months).
Basically I'm having a pity-party, mostly because my mood is down without DH.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-07-20, 05:13 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Forgot to add ....

Yesterday was a great achievement day for me in my Peloton App!

I got my badge for the 8 Power Zone workouts and I also got a badge for ... wait for it: 100 runs.! I think I'm really proud of that. I am a runner. (or at least in my own mind. hahahahahahahaha!)

I also played Saber Beats last night so add that in there. 30 minutes of flailing my arms around breaking blocks in a VR world. So cool.

Off to work. Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 11-07-20, 05:18 AM  
Helen

if you run, you are a runner.
100 runs, you're DEFINITELY a runner!

Congratulations on the badges!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun