Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-09-20, 09:22 PM  
MathTeacher

Mell. I hope it is safe to travel in 2021. I was supposed to go to Scotland, England and Ireland in July 2020. Hopefully I will get to in July 2021.

Vannie,They rub the hot rocks on the calves. It feels so good. I want to have the goldfish pedicure someday.

Sherry, What Jessica's are you doing this week?

Hugs, Katie!
Old 11-09-20, 09:40 PM  
Leonana

MT, I did Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones on Monday. I had that workout years ago and decluttered it when I started with Jessica. I found it at Goodwill and decided to do it again. I like it, although I have to modify. Today I did two Jessica you tube workouts, Back Friendly Strength and 8 Minute Total Body.

Mell, I hope you are able to travel in 2021. I would love to travel with my dh.

Vannie, I hope the undecorating is going well and you've made some progress.
Old 11-10-20, 11:27 PM  
Vantreesta

My brain is tired so just a check in tonight, no personals. My uncle passed away yesterday and aunt's test came back positive. We are completely ice covered with snow on top of that. We didn't walk at all today. Cyric threw up a couple times last night, once this morning and again while I was making supper tonight. He seems to be doing better now. He refused supper last night and breakfast this morning but he chose to eat tonight. Hopefully whatever it was is out of his system.

We were at my father-in-law's over the wknd. I was a slug and my body wasn't happy about it, but I did make a cute Santa bottle or Mason jar cozy. Yesterday I had to get groceries and still undecorating so I never worked out. Today I did Qi Gong 30-day challenge day 5, a 15-minute beginner rebounder workout from San Fran Fitness on YT, Zumba 20-Minute Express, Crossrope 14-Day Beginner Challenge day 8 (I started this in February!) and day 6 of the DYY Anti Back Pain challenge. I ordered a replacement monitor for my rower so I'm putting off Rowvember till that comes. Spent the rest of the day undecorating and watching more movies. I should finish packing everything up tmrw finally. I hope so anyway! The house looks like a disaster and I'm looking forward to getting it back in order.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 05:54 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica's Walk Strong 2 Total Body Strength workout.

Vannie, I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope your aunt recovers. I also hope Cyric is doing better. Good luck with the undecorating.
Old 11-11-20, 06:49 PM  
MathTeacher

Vannie, I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.
Old 11-11-20, 09:56 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Hi Everyone! Have missed you all!!! We are doing well and I plan on rejoining the challenge Nov 15. DH had a pretty mild case of Covid and his taste/smell is mostly back. Mine was mild too but the sinus issues as a result really dragged me down for a while. Vannie, I'm so sorry about your Uncle passing. This is especially hard on those that are older as we've seen in our community too. I hope the rest of his family has recovered but the loss is so sad.

MT, your pedicure sounds soooo relaxing! The copper coloring sounds perfect. What is a goldfish pedicure?

Sherry I hope you are doing well and welcome to the challenge Mell!

I've been keeping up with exercises and walking when we don't have snow which isn't here to stay yet...fine by me! Belle got into a porcupine one morning. It must have been traveling through the yard. DH and I wrestled with her to get as many quills out as we could but she could not even drink or eat. We had to take her to the Vet and they sedated her to get the rest. She enjoyed Peanut butter sandwiches for her antibiotics and pain meds. She if finally back to normal. Hopefully this will be a one time event for her.

I will get my goals up in the next day or two. Have a good night all!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 11:27 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, I am so happy you posted! I have been worried about you!

Thanks, all, for the condolences and prayers. 2020 needs to end.

This morning I did Qi Gong 30-day challenge day 7, Zumba (same one as yesterday), Crossrope 14-Day Beginner challenge day 9 and the 10 minute shoulder fix from YTU Upper Body Series. I discovered my shoulders aren't up to jumping rope two days in a row. I was hoping to finish the challenge this week but I'll have to switch to every other day till I build up shoulder endurance. I was overslept this morning and am tired so heading to bed soon. Cyric was back to himself today so I am very grateful for that. I love that weird little dog so very much!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 12:08 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Katie's November Goals

Daily for 1 pt each:
1. supplements/vitamins
2. Daily Devotion
3. walk, dvd, or youtube.
4. Keep up with Daily Exercise Chart
5. Decluttering something! Puttering approach

Extra credit:
1. additional walk, dvd, or youtube clip. 1 pt
2. massage 1 pt
3. Operation Dust Bunny! 5 pts
Two Free Days!

Total Points Available beginning 11/15. 75 Goal: 68 pts

Overall Total: 110 pts

Do The Next Thing!
Old 11-14-20, 12:21 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, thank you so much! I didn't mean to cause worry...i was really dragging for a while there and the sinuses made it hard to concentrate It feels soooo good to have energy again! I got my flu vaccine 2 days ago so Lord willing, between being recovered from Covid and the flu vaccine, I'm hoping for a decently healthy winter for both DH and I. Glad to hear Cyric is back to normal. We figured out one thing about our dogs as they both get very clingy once in a while and we realized it's on days where icicles are coming off the top roof and landing on another roof that sticks out further below. I'm glad we got that one figured out....thankfully it doesn't happen often but when it does, it was baffling us. Sounds like you are getting some nice workouts in!

I did finally get my goals up. I added a new extra credit called "Operation Dust Bunny". Cleaning/projects that go beyond "our normal". After this last sinus infection, I decided I needed to get some deeper cleaning done. It's such a dusty area anyway. It will be a challenge with DH who is the king of clutter and clutter attracts dust. Hmmmm. Maybe I'll get a few projects done and he will be inspired, even if a little.

MT, is your school still able to stay active for things like football and marching band?

Sherry, I hope your AZ weather is pretty nice now and you can get out and enjoy it more.

Waves to Mell, welcome to the challenge!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 11-14-20, 06:41 PM  
Leonana

Katie, so sorry to hear you were ill. I'm glad you are recovered. And glad Belle is back to normal. I had a cat get cactus stickers on his tongue. It was a jumping cactus, and got on his fur, and he tried to lick it off. Fortunately, I got all of them out. He ate canned food for awhile!

Our weather is great! I need to get outside, I've been too lazy.