Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-25-20, 02:56 PM  
manleym

KateTT yes, you NEED Katami's 4 x 4! (Just doing my job!) It is TOTALLY different what you are used to though. It's very metabolic, and he doesn't use heavy weights. But I don't remember any compound moves. I remember an upper body, lower body, core, cardio, maybe around a minute each. I think the moves are pretty fast, but you might be able to heavy up. I bought mine from Mary when it was a Daily Deal and paid less than $40.

Hubby and I are on our own for Thanksgiving. We are going to smoke a salmon. Going to brine it tonight and smoke it tomorrow. It's a new recipe so we're excited to try it. And of course a glass of wine - Pinot Noir. Both sides of our families are getting together, but we aren't going to either. My brother and his family always go to my sister-in-laws parents and we're never invited to that, and hubby's family is in Florida. They're all getting together so it will be interesting. We usually go to Florida for Christmas but we're not even doing that this year. So it will be the 2 of us during the holiday season. It usually is for Thanksgiving, but this will be the first Christmas where it's just the 2 of us.

Cataddict Mary doesn't have Quick Step but Amazon does. It's on my "Saved for Later" list. May go ahead and order it because I think the price is pretty good. I'm on the short side (well I AM short) so sometimes an 8 inch step is hard for my 2 inch legs to get over. 6 inches is pretty comfortable for me too. You'll have to let me know what you think of Tracie's mobility workouts. I hope you like them!

Kittybug I have some things in my cart at Mary's but haven't ordered yet. I always like waiting to see if there's a daily deal I want. So far, no. You will LOVE Patrick and Amy! They are both fun, great instructors.

Speaking of enabling, this morning I did Cathe Live Upper Body Bootcamp and then I was going to learn the 2nd half of Still Steppin’ since I did the 1st half yesterday. Well I wound up doing the whole workout because it is SO MUCH FUN!! Not super intense but the music is great, the choreography is easy to learn, and it's just a good, fun steady state step workout. This is definitely a Fun Friday workout. If you don't have it.....

Agree with Kittybug that I am thankful for our group and for this forum! You ladies inspire and encourage me! I hope everyone is doing well! Hugs and waves to all!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 03:17 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Wednesday to All!

This will be a very different Thanksgiving for my family. We usually have a huge get together but this year everyone is staying home and having dinner. We are planning to have a Thanksgiving/ 4th of July huge party this July 4th only if the pandemic is basically in our rear-view mirror.

Can I have a very short rant? I think that I am done with KCM. I will not renew my subscription when it is done. I enjoy her workouts but she now too frequently delves into the political. I do not usually visit Facebook but I went to her Face Book page to see if she had released any new workouts on her subscription site and I saw a political statement that she posted. Personally, I believe that she should keep her political ideology to herself. One of the reasons that I enjoy home workouts (and gave up TV news and social media) is because I can escape, if just for a little while, some of the politics of the world. This is one of the reasons that I really appreciate Cathe. Cathe is always upbeat and encouraging and steers clear of the controversial.

This week I revisited+ all of the Toby Massenburg workouts that I have.
Today I did Cathe Live-323- Legs Express: Moderate Weights. It was 36 minutes. I thought the warm was way too long because was 7 .5 minutes. The exercise selection was a bit boring to me but then maybe it was just the mood that I was in. This is not one of my favorite Cathe Lives. I did not dislike it but there are other Cathe Live express workouts that I enjoy much more.

Yesterday I did Patrick Goudeau’s Kickbox Burn

Cataddict- I will do Katami’s 4x4 with the group in January. Did you decide what types of Cathe Lives you enjoy? (see my post to you on 11/22).

Manley and Cataddict - I love Patrick’s Quick Step. I used to do it regularly.

Kitty and Cataddict- did you get Cathe Live?

Manelym- you will like Patrick’s Turn Up and Slim Down. I think that Cathe Live with the coupon for six months is the same price as the annual rate with the coupon. Since it is the same price, I usually only subscribe for six months at a time.

Kate- I think that Insanity is the most difficult set of cardio workouts that I own. I did one full rotation of Insanity and by the end my resting heart rate was in the lower thirties. I still remember the time that I could do Max interval Plyo without stopping. That is when I knew that aerobically I was pretty fit. What Insanity workout are you doing next week? I may do it with you.

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 04:12 PM  
lavna

Hi all!

I still have trouble posting. I guess I have to keep my posts short! (but write more often!)

Maybe the website doesn't like what I'm posting!

Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 04:14 PM  
lavna

Another shorter post:

My back is still sensitive so I've been trying to stretch a little more. I have an arched lower back so it's easy to hurt it. I have to be careful with the moves I do, so no backbends or deadlifts and I have to modify bent over moves. Also, bee's and kittybug's comments about pushing oneself too hard have me wondering if working out first thing in the morning may be a little hard on my body. I probably need to have moved more before starting a Cathe workout! So, I'm going to try to workout on my lunch hour or right after my workday is over. I'll see how it goes!

Nathalie
Old 11-25-20, 04:17 PM  
lavna

I was able to post twice! Yay!

Another part of my long post:
I'm planning to buy more downloads from Cathe. I'm still making my selection!
Old 11-25-20, 04:18 PM  
lavna

Well, it seems that by breaking down my post in smaller ones, I was able to post! Not ideal but better than nothing!

Waves to all!
Nathalie
Old 11-25-20, 08:15 PM  
Mickey12

cataddict and Kittybug I have a picture of Rudy in my profile pictures. There’s one of him and one of him and Finley. The only trouble is they posted sideways and I can’t figure out how to fix them. I haven’t been able to post any more pictures since then.

Lavna do take care of your back. Maybe doing your workouts later in the day will help as you said. I know for me I don’t enjoy doing strenuous exercise in the morning. It feels better to me to wait until I have moved around and gotten the juices flowing.

Horusosirus I totally agree with your rant. I like Kelly too but don’t enjoy politics at all. You’re spot on with your assessment of Cathe.

Today I tackled another virgin workout. This one was Amy Bento Kickbox Surge and Core Training. The choreography was somewhat tricky to me but thankfully Amy repeated the moves in each combo a lot so I was able to grasp most of it. It was fun! So I only have one more virgin workout left. I can’t believe it. Oh, but of course I have been looking at Collage and Mary’s site to see what’s on sale. As of this moment I don’t think I’m getting anything but you never know.

I made an apple pie today for Thanksgiving. We are celebrating with a very small group this year. I hope everyone enjoys the day. I enjoyed reading the variety of foods you’re all planning. Our menu is very, very traditional.
Old 11-25-20, 09:20 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Today was STS Meso 1 Triceps and Back. Only one more workout til Meso 1 is done!! I have actually found the first two workouts more doable than the previous three weeks. Except I'm not competent at chin ups/pull ups. I need to work on them! I followed it with Michelle Dozois' Cardio Interval Fat Blaster Express (a 40 minute version). I liked it, but this one isn't my favorite of the Peak 10s for sure. For some reason Michelle thought that whooping is something she should do in this one when she hadn't been doing it in previous workouts. Anyway it was a good cardio "finisher."

Kim, Is Rudy the brown striped kitty? He's handsome! Our oldest boy is a brown stripey! It can be tricky to get the pics to the right size that work. Oh, and funny thing! While I was working out today DH was making an apple pie! We already had a key lime pie planned for Thanksgiving but according to him, he had a "hankering" for an apple pie, so he made one. I'm not really a flake pie person, but it was good.

Nathalie, ugh on both the back issue and the posting issue. I agree it might not be a bad idea to try working out later in the day. It can't hurt to try!

horusosiris, I've tabled the idea of buying more downloads and will most likely subscribe to Live soon. I may change my mind about what I want to do since I'm doing STS now. Oh, and ITA with your rant. I find political talk highly unprofessional. I have a ton of Kelly's workouts and haven't touched them in months due to her previous rants. I haven't decided what to do with all of them, or if I will ever do one of them again. I appreciate all of the other instructors that I work out with, including Cathe, that don't mix politics with their profession.

kittymax, I am also looking forward to a "rest" week. But we are almost 1/3 of the way through! Yay, us!!

The wine arrived! So anxious to try some!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience

Last edited by cataddict; 11-25-20 at 09:37 PM. Reason: I saw Rudy!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 09:57 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quick pop in to say that I agree about the KCM stuff. When I heard quite a while ago that she started talking politics, I didn't even know what side she was on but I couldn't really face her workouts anymore. I've revisited her once or twice since then -- more recently -- it took me a long time. And now I'm just not sure I can do it. Funny thing is, I get a sort of email digest from Katie Couric and she often refers to KCM and it always throws me for a loop, but of course she means "Katie Couric Media".

Ok, but my real pop in is to ask..... should I get Step Sync? I know I debated before and I think you guys said yes but I ended up not getting it. I have the new Kristin Dowell in my cart and of course I need to add a second one and Step Sync seems like a good candidate.

Early Happy Thanksgiving! By the time some of you look at this it will be timely.

Old 11-25-20, 10:26 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

bee, Step Sync is a good one if you feel like complex choreo is tough for you. It's not IMAX or HiiT intense, and I enjoy it for a change. Funny about the KCM reference by Katie Couric. I know there are plenty of people who can overlook things, but as I get older I don't want to, particularly if I'm choosing where to spend my money.

Early Happy Thanksgiving to you too, bee! Still a little over an hour to go here on the east coast!

I ended up getting 2 Tracie Long mobility type workouts and two Toby Massenburgs. Hope I'm fierce enough for Afterburn! It looks tough!

I posted a pic of the Poopshow wine bottle in my album in my profile. I'm too lazy to fix it to make it my avatar!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in