Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-19, 11:15 AM  
ncl

How will you start off your new year with fitness?

Any plans or rotations? I am anxiously awaiting Cathe’s New series and have been working through all my post firm Tracie Longs at the end of 2018.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-19, 12:11 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

After I finish Revamp, I'm going to try something really outrageous: working out only 2 days a week I found that I was able to maintain all the weight I lost, as well as stay strong, over the holidays when I was only able to get to the gym 1 or 2 days a week. So I'm going to try the 2-day program from Eat Lift Thrive and see if that gives me more energy to stay active, without doing formal workouts, on the other days.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-19, 12:12 PM  
karenl

I am just trying to get back into any kind of a fitness routine. I lost my husband 10 months ago and it痴 been a real struggle to get back into a routine. So I知 trying to decide what to do without overwhelming myself. I知 thinking of just rebounding for 10 to 20 minutes a day with some Classical Stretch thrown in. I知 still trying to find my motivation.

Karen
karenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-19, 12:36 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenl View Post
I am just trying to get back into any kind of a fitness routine. I lost my husband 10 months ago and it痴 been a real struggle to get back into a routine. So I知 trying to decide what to do without overwhelming myself. I知 thinking of just rebounding for 10 to 20 minutes a day with some Classical Stretch thrown in. I知 still trying to find my motivation.

Karen
So sorry to hear of your loss Karen. Take it slow and easy, you'll know when it is time to add more.

Best Wishes!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-19, 12:37 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
After I finish Revamp, I'm going to try something really outrageous: working out only 2 days a week I found that I was able to maintain all the weight I lost, as well as stay strong, over the holidays when I was only able to get to the gym 1 or 2 days a week. So I'm going to try the 2-day program from Eat Lift Thrive and see if that gives me more energy to stay active, without doing formal workouts, on the other days.
Over the years I've found that I actually lose weight when I'm on vacation and just walking a lot instead of working out. Workouts have nothing to do with weight loss in my world, so I'm a fan of your approach. I'm looking at something similar.

(for me, weight loss/control is all about stopping the snacking I do from boredom or whatever that is too much a part of my regular, non-traveling life. When I'm traveling and not having to think about preparing meals & grocery shop, I find the food situation much easier). Hopefully this hasn't gone against VF guidelines.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-19, 12:39 PM  
donnamp

Karen - I'm sorry for your loss....

I was really undecided about what to do in the new year but Jessica Smith rescued me -
she posted a 28 day rotation:

http://jessicasmithtv.com/2019-janua...6f71-345365333

It uses her You Tube and DVD workouts. I used to love her weekly rotations that she used to send out on Saturdays.

I have a cold/virus right now so I'm going to start when i feel better. The "official" start date is Monday....but I may start sooner or later.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-19, 01:31 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I'm sorry for your loss, Karen! Hang in there and take care of yourself.

In January, I'm planning to do PBL New Year Challenge combined with BellyFit Season 2 - or at least the first 6 episodes that were sent out thus far. Lisa's Challenge starts next Monday.

In February, I want to do the brand new Boho Transform program that was just released today. Workouts look AWESOME! I'm so happy I purchased it at pre-release price. I'm looking forward to doing something new, although I will be following the 21-day schedule rather than the 14-day. I need my rest days.

I'm not planning anything further now than February.

Happy New Year all!
Old 01-01-19, 02:13 PM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenl View Post

Karen
So sorry for your loss, Karen! Sounds like a good way to take care of yourself.
Old 01-01-19, 02:16 PM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Let us know how that goes, Sue B. I am curious!
Old 01-01-19, 03:55 PM  
sunday

I am thoroughly going to use Pilates Anytime with my new Stott reformer. I致e worked out everyday but once since getting it after not being able to work out for more than two years due to foot problems. Still have foot problems till summer surgery but am loving the reformer!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote