Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-20, 11:18 AM  
lynnf

I really enjoy their new workouts, but in my opinion the style has definitely changed and it has become less "barre" and more athletic, and more challenging overall. Perhaps others might join in with their opinions. They still mainly have 30 minute workouts.

The offer lasts until Dec. 7 and you can have the free offer for 15 days, so you might want to try it out before signing up to see how you like it. You should double check my dates, though, so I could be off on the specifics.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 11:20 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
I really enjoy their new workouts, but in my opinion the style has definitely changed and it has become less "barre" and more athletic, and more challenging overall. Perhaps others might join in with their opinions. .
I wonder if that’s why I enjoyed it so much? Very athletic feeling and not so much barre.

I just noticed Sadie hasn’t had a workout in a year? Is she still the face behind barre 3?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 11:21 AM  
sillygirl

Thank you for your insights! Do they still incorporate a lot of squats and lunges? All the bending of the knee joints eventually bothered my knees.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 11:25 AM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
How do you like their new style of workouts? My subscription expired in 2017 when they just started transitioning their weekly workouts from the studio with the dark wood panel wall to a studio with lighter-colored walls. I enjoyed those older workouts that were 30 minutes long.
I made some comments a few posts back in the thread and from the little I saw yesterday, I think I would still say the same.

There were some workouts coming out about a year ago that aren’t so great, with what they call “intervals” but which is just repeating some slower weight circuits with “heavy” weights, which to them means heavier than the 1-3 lbs they always used to use. I think these are labeled as such.

But the other thing that is different from 2017 is that in the past couple years, they have recommended using 4-8 lbs in more of their workouts in general, and the way that they are used reflects that. Some of them also use sliders, which I like. I see fewer workouts with the barre-style seat work either standing or kneeling, with the tiny inch up and down. The very old ones had more of that, although barre3 never had as much of that as traditional barre.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 01:57 PM  
sillygirl

Thank you! I'm on the fence about committing to an annual plan but the price is so good (for B3 at least). I found this more recent review on YouTube and at 3:26 there is a screenshot of the dashboard for those of us who haven't subscribed in a while. At least I have until 12/7 to decide!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBX4hM9-_qI
Old 11-29-20, 03:11 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Thank you! I'm on the fence about committing to an annual plan but the price is so good (for B3 at least). I found this more recent review on YouTube and at 3:26 there is a screenshot of the dashboard for those of us who haven't subscribed in a while. At least I have until 12/7 to decide!

Thanks for the link to Justina Ercole’s channel. The review of Barre3 was really thorough. She also seems to have a lot of helpful tip videos and I’d like to try her workouts too.
Old 11-29-20, 07:13 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Thanks for the link to Justina Ercole’s channel. The review of Barre3 was really thorough. She also seems to have a lot of helpful tip videos and I’d like to try her workouts too.
I second this!

She is a great reviewer. I agree with what she said except I would say she only did three workouts, and some of the movements she said were missing are present in some of the workouts. But maybe the point is that if this is your main workout, you should be getting more of those movements than barre3 includes.
I haven’t used barre3 exclusively, but I think that is good consider.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 08:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:

Oh that’s a pretty good review, thanks for sharing! It reinforced my impression of the free class I did on the website so I think I’ll probably cave.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 08:34 PM  
sillygirl

You're welcome, everyone! I also posted this on the other thread about the B3 sale --

The link below is to their Facebook page (I don't think you need a Facebook account to view them) where they post ~30 second previews of their newest workouts. Click on ALL VIDEOS if you're viewing on your phone or scroll down a bit on the desktop site to ALL VIDEOS.

https://www.facebook.com/barre3compa...=page_internal
Old 12-09-20, 01:42 PM  
momofcha

I am absolutely loving these workouts! I’m combining them with kettlebells and am very pleased with their new formats. Perfect cardio workouts for me.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming