Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-18, 08:44 AM  
Exercise Diva

Kettlebell Question

I've been increasing my kettlebell workouts lately (for strength and cardio) and adding in Callanetics and Essentrics as time permits. My strength has been improving nicely and I'm able to swing my heavier 22 and 26 lb bells without having to stop as much to catch my breath. I was even thinking of getting into double bells (have a pair of 18s). The increased strength part has been a positive. The negative is that I'm starting to feel pain in my wrist and my shoulder (the shoulder particularly worries me because my upper body has never been an issue for me injury wise and I don't want to start now). I'm thinking of dropping the KB weight back to 18 lbs and keeping to that, even for moves that call for heavier KBs. My question is: Does anyone else keep their KB weight pretty light and have your results been good? It's so easy to get caught up in the heavier is better, especially with KBs. You're almost left believing that you have to start as heavy as you can and progress from there, but I'm not sure that's always the right mindset. I have to say that I haven't noticed much difference, other than strength gains, from lifting heavier bells. Not saying that increased strength isn't important but my physique hasn't changed much from this - for better or worse. Would love to hear from those of you who use KBs on a regular basis. Thanks. Joan
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote