Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-20, 01:13 PM  
Mickey12

Kate I hope you didn’t get slammed too badly by the storm. You were smart to get everything delivered on the 23rd. Hope you had a good Christmas despite the snow. Post when you can.
Old 12-28-20, 01:13 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

So the blizzard was bad but my area only got about 2-3 inches of snow. But the wind!!!!!!!!! Had up to 65 mph gusts. Lots of my outside Xmas decorations blew off (but I found them). So no Shovel Max needed.

Christmas came and went. Quiet, lonely for my kids, missing my mom. My poor Dad was so sad.

Workouts:
24th: Cathe Xtrain Hard Strikes Mix 2. I had only done this one time way back in 2013. Really not bad, I used my weighted gloves for a little extra omph.
Yoga was half of Bryan Kest's Doggies, Froggies, Camels practice on Power Yoga. I need to go back and do it all.

Nothing Friday, Sat or Sun but too much eating, sitting. I did meditate for longer periods though which was nice.

Today I did Cathe 2013 Series FlexTrain. I did this one last in 2017 but didn't remember a thing. I did have to go heavier than Cathe..5s and 8s weren't challenging enough so I used 10s, 15s and one 25.
Very metabolic, some compound moves but I was really feeling good after a 3 day rest so I put max effort into everything. Good workout!! Love the core work too.

Yoga pending? Kest? Eoin? David Magone? So many choices.

Have a wonderful week!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-20, 01:03 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Today I did the first long mix of Cathe 2013 Rockout Knockout. Combines everything. Actually pretty fun! I had only done this twice. The first time I didn't like it (impact?). The second time was ok back in 2016. This time I really enjoyed it and added my 3lb gloves when Cathe's crew put on their gloves. So fun stuff!

I am actually coming to the end of my Cathe collection. It's huge. I need to downsize. I may post some SASE here on FitChicks...stay tuned.

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 12-30-20, 01:22 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey Fit Chicks!

Today I totally changed my mind about the rest of the week. I realized I still had two Ripped with HiiT workouts I hadn't done. I did RwH out of order.
So I did Cathe RwH HiiT Circuit Upper Body Workout Mix 5. LOVE this mix! It adds one core move from all the bonus core workouts after each cardio blast. So strength, cardio, abs. Excellent! Very metabolic and had to stay lighter with 10s, 15, and one 25.

One of my favorite sets!!

Stay well all! HUGS

Old 12-30-20, 01:40 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals!

I've been exercising almost every day over the break. I've done some Cathe circuits like BodyMax 2, Drill Max and Low Impact Circuit. One day I did spinning while watching football - I sat during the game and stood during the commercial breaks. We also hit the ski slopes on Monday. It was a beautiful, sunny day. Now the clouds have moved in, so I am glad we went when we did. I've been neglecting my yoga a bit, but I will get back on it next week.

Kate: Glad you found your decorations! So it took about a year for you to get thru all your Cathe workouts? Congrats!!! I only buy downloads and streaming subscriptions these days, but I am hanging on to my DVD collection for those days when the internet is down. My biggest workout fear is that LMOD might go away some day. The horror!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 10:41 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post

Kate: Glad you found your decorations! So it took about a year for you to get thru all your Cathe workouts? Congrats!!! I only buy downloads and streaming subscriptions these days, but I am hanging on to my DVD collection for those days when the internet is down. My biggest workout fear is that LMOD might go away some day. The horror!
I hear that! I'm downsizing some but saving my fav DVDs for sure! LMOD gone?!?!? Don't even say that out loud!
I kind of like buying downloads too so hubby doesn't see so many workouts coming in the mail. LOL

Today I did Cathe RwH HiiT Circuit Lower Body Workout. I also did a bunch of Shovel Max yesterday afternoon so definitely feeling my legs and back. Not sure what I'll do for Yoga yet.

I am going to start a new Fit Chicks checking for 2021. I'll post the link probably starting tomorrow or Sat. If I haven't yet, please keep posting.
Happy New Year!!!

Old 12-31-20, 11:02 AM  
fanofladyvols

Kate I will try to look for the new thread first, thank you. Don't be too nasty in purging. In reading your posts over the last few months, you have changed your mind on workouts you weren't too crazy about. Lol on download purchases not being obvious to your husband. I told mine since he got the kettlebells he has forced me to buy more DVDs. He said, "was there ever any doubt?"

Jules thanks for posting! Glad all is well with you! I have tried Alo yoga on youtube based on a rec on the Watulan thread. Have you ever done any of those?

Kim do you wear weighted gloves when you do kickboxing? Also I saw an ad for a bag to kick. I must admit ... I'd love to connect a kick with something every now and then. My husband says I will hurt myself so he won't let me get one

I'm going to dress up later and wear heels and a dress and party like it's 1999 to say hasta la vista to stank 2020. I'll be making sassy drinkies and zippy appies! My one woman party also includes exercising on NY day at different times.

HAPPY NEW YEAR fellow Fit chicks!!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 01:09 PM  
Mickey12

Jules so glad you got to go skiing. I tried it only once when I was a stupid kid. Didn’t like it and never tried it again.

Linda I don’t wear weighted gloves. I don’t need reasons to increase the intensity these days. When I was in my 30’s I was a gym member and we did classes with heavy bags. It was incredible actually hitting and kicking an object. We wrapped our hands but didn’t wear gloves. My knuckles would bruise and it looked really bad but they didn’t really hurt so I didn’t care. I loved those classes! My legs looked the best in my life. The downside was that my back got broader with all the hard punching. Oh but it was fun!

So funny about your husband not letting you get a heavy bag. We have one in the cellar but it’s no longer hanging and I didn’t use it much even when it was up. It was way more fun at the gym.

Oh, and your New Years celebration sounds fun and so very Linda-like. I will be asleep by 10 pm.

Kate I will look for the new 2021 thread. Did we lose Malinda? She hasn’t posted in a few weeks. Come on back!

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 01-03-21, 07:25 PM  
Jules

Hello Ladies! I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I looked for the new FitChicks thread but it isn't up just yet so I decided to post one last time here.

I am super sore! I started a new rotation on Thursday and it is kicking my behind. I am doing Jillian Michael's BodyShred. I bought this program in 2017 and did each workout once, but I have not done it since. I will attempt to stick to the program as written this time - with a couple of tweaks. I am not following her diet plan and I will probably substitute out the cardio days to keep things fresh. Since the BodyShred workouts are about 35 minutes long it is easy to follow up with yoga!

We tried something new yesterday and went to a hatchet throwing place. Pretty cool! Now my son wants a set-up in our backyard. I think it is doable - I will have to do some research.

I go back to work tomorrow. It is gonna be tough waking up that early. Montana has a new governor and it sounds like our mask mandate is going to change soon. I really hope the schools will still require masks or things could get bad here. I can always switch my own kids to remote learning, but I don't want to quit my job. We shall see what happens this week.

Kate: RWH plus Shovel Max sounds like a great combo! I've done a little shoveling here but nothing too crazy yet. Glad the Vikes won their last game of the season today. I hope they get a new kicker next year.

Linda: That Alo yoga channel looks fab - thanks for the tip!

Kim: Have you tried cross country skiing? I enjoy it more than downhill but the rest of my family won't do it.

Malinda: I hope everything is ok and your husband is recovering quickly.

See you all in the new thread!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 11:03 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey all...here is the link to the new 2021 thread!

Be fierce, have fun!
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...69#post2905969