Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-04-11, 06:41 PM  
daisyfit

Difficulty level of Supreme 90 versus Peak Fit/Peak 10

I have just started the Supreme 90 workouts and find them challenging. I am tempted to buy the Peak Fitness system but I'm a bit put off by the price. I was wondering how the Peak workouts compare to the Supreme 90 workouts? Would the Peak system be worth buying? I like advanced challenging workouts and I have nearly all of Cathe's workouts. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 09:16 PM  
Inchworm

I have both the cardio strength one and the cardio interval one and I really like them, but I love that the S90X workouts are shorter. I was completely worn out from the Peak workouts and I think my body would be rebelling against me with regular use. However, my body is enjoying S90, as long as I don't wind up with costochondritis flare up (finger's crossed).

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 09:45 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

My advice would be to do S90 for now and wait a bit on the Peak Fit/Peak 10 in hopes that the price will come down. I agree with the poster who likes the fact that the S90 workouts are a bit shorter.
Old 05-04-11, 10:42 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
My advice would be to do S90 for now and wait a bit on the Peak Fit/Peak 10 in hopes that the price will come down. I agree with the poster who likes the fact that the S90 workouts are a bit shorter.
Agree here. I have a few weeks left on S90D and love that the workouts are short, intense and I can add on cardio or my kb swings or extra push ups. I have also leaned out doing this program and have been watching my diet, I am totally happy with this program. My sister just picked it up and is starting it. I like Michelle's 2 peaks she put out earlier, but the program just seems like many others out there and it has not given my the "I must have this" feeling. Yes, the poster should finish S90D because the peak set may end up on QVC or HSN for much cheaper than it is now.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 07:32 AM  
Blackadar

Totally agree. If the rest of the Peak system is anything like Peak 10 Cardio, it will be rather tough. Not Insanity tough, but very difficult nonetheless. S90 is shorter and a bit less intense. It's like P90X-lite.

I'd stick with the S90 for now and then towards the end of the rotation see if the price has dropped of Peak10. Best of both worlds.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 08:35 AM  
Inchworm

I'd be willing to bet that if S90 had the long breaks in it that P90X had, it would clock in around the same time. I'm so happy I got S90 because since using it, my workout routine is so much more well-rounded and I'm no longer ignoring my upper body. I had been doing plenty of planks and stuff, but S90 has gotten me back into training more back, arms and shoulders. I feel so much stronger now and I'm finding myself getting through the workouts so much better after 2 weeks. Love these workouts.

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peak 10, peak fit challenge, s90, supreme 90, supreme90