Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-20, 10:39 AM  
Catahoula Cate

So I made my goals in September by quite a bit which was encouraging. But, also, gained some weight which was not so encouraging. Maybe my body is starting to store some fat for winter. Actually, I think between having company for a week and cooking for some extra work crews, I just plain ate too much of the wrong things. I'm going to try hard to reverse that here in October.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 02:42 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Katie. My brother suggested I go for some walks without Cyric or podcasts or music and just let myself feel or think or whatever. I think I'll try that after lunch this week. Nice job making your September goals! I hear you on the weight gain. The first half of this year was so chaotic with so much time on the road and away from home that some of my clothes went from snug to too small. I am determined they will fit again.

It's amazing how a beautiful fall day, boots, a puffy vest and pumpkin chai can lift my mood. If course I took that a step too far and bought more Halloween stuff that I feel guilty about now. Sigh. I forgot to do my self-control talk before I left the house.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 09:52 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Both DH and I are somewhat under the weather, more him than me at this point. For me, it seems more like sinuses which I'm prone to anyway. It's been very dusty. It's a very busy week for us work wise so we'll just have to power through it. I've been keeping up with my walking twice a day which seems to help clear them so that's a good sign. I looked over my pedometer stats and I've upped my distance pretty consistently most days. Doing my best to keep that up!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 10-11-20, 10:44 AM  
Leonana

I rode my bike a couple of miles on the canal path yesterday morning. It was really nice, I am loving the cooler mornings.

Katie, I hope you and your dh feel better. My sinuses have been bothering me lately, I think because our weather is cooling off. The flowers and bushes are blooming. It’s too hot here in the summer for anything to bloom, but on the plus side my allergies are better.
Old 10-11-20, 08:39 PM  
MathTeacher

I have been very mediocre lately. I need to pull myself together! The weather has been really nice, so that is not my excuse. And our football team is undefeated in conference play. My in person students are wonderful. Insert shruggy face here.

Katie, I hope you and your DH are better soon.

Vannie, I bought more Halloween stuff too! It is the best time of year. I have blow up Mummy who likes to face plant on my porch. LOL

Sherry, I am glad your weather is better. It always lifts my spirit.
Old 10-12-20, 01:33 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. I'm still here. I did yoga or CS four mornings last week. I don't remember what else. I think Wed I did day 7 of the Crossrope beginner's challenge and TF Stretch 10. I was determined to get back on track today but I felt sick when I went to bed last night and was awake most of the night. Still not great today so I'm taking it easy, watching too much TV. I swear, every time I saw I am determined to get back on track I end up with a migraine or SI joints out of whack or smthg! I can't believe Halloween is less than three weeks away. I keep adding little things. Saturday I added three ghosts and I armed my skeletons with axes and a sickle! And I have floating glowing witch hats now.

MT, your comment reminded me of the Peleton commercial I love: C'mon! You didn't wake up to be mediocre! I tell myself that sometimes. Your face planting mummy made me smile.

Sherry, glad it's finally cooling off some there and you got in a Mike ride. My dad has continued walking every morning, which is so good for him.

Katie, I hope you and your DH feel better soon. Take care of yourselves!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 07:51 PM  
Leonana

I'm still working out with Jessica Smith. Today I tried a different you tube channel, Fitness with Cindy. She has workouts for seniors, it's a slower pace. I did two shorter strength workouts today, and then added a short Jessica Smith strength and also a stretch workout.

MT, I have a hard time being motivated lately. I think the new normal is taking a lot of emotional energy out of us.

Vannie, I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. You'll have to show us pics of your village again this year!

Waves to Katie!
Old 10-12-20, 09:12 PM  
MathTeacher

I am still hanging in there with Pilates by Lisa. Sometimes she is vicious!

Vannie, We have a video door bell. It caught me talking to my mummy today. LOL I need to cross stitch the mediocre saying! I agree with Sherry, we need pics!

Sherry, You're right. It takes so much energy to do what used to be normal things. I'm going to check out Fitness with Cindy. I feel very senior today.
Old 10-15-20, 02:49 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Hi everyone! Just wanted to check in for a moment and let you know what's going on. DH and I ended up having COVID. We are on the mend pretty well. DH is a full week out from having a fever and I'm about 5 days. DH lost his sense of taste/smell and mine were effected in that food just tasted bad. Apparently it can take a while for the taste/smell to come back, weeks or even months. We just both really run out of steam at this point. I'm trying to maintain some exercises so I don't lose the progress I made. MT and Sherry, hope you two are enjoying some much cooler weather in your areas. Vannie, I'll bet your Halloween decorations look great! The floating glowing witches hat sounds cool! Hope you are all healthy and doing well.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 10-15-20, 04:38 PM  
Leonana

Katie, I’m so glad you are both on the road to recovery. I’m sure it was a bit nerve wracking to get it. I hope you get back to normal soon.