Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-20, 07:25 AM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday was a rough day emotionally but I know it's gonna be that way and I know I will make it through. I'm thankful I had two amazing moms to miss!

I signed up for the new back pain yoga series on DoYou (used to be DoYouYoga). It's offered free this week. I think once you sign up you can access them whenever you want even though they will no longer be offered free after this week but I'm not positive. I've been meaning to get started but hasn't happened yet. Hopefully today.

Sandy, keep saying I'm gonna get over to the park with Cyric and always end up being too lazy to drive over there or I feel like I shouldn't take the time.and now it's gonna be muddy. I seem to always have an excuse which is stupid bc I really do want to do it and he would enjoy it so much as well.

Helen, sorry the knee is still bugging you and causing you to modify. Like Sandy, I'm used to working around some kind of pain or discomfort. I've been sitting too much again recently and not doing strength work so my glutes and hamstrings have flared up.

Buff, sorry about the eczema flare up. I know how you feel thinking you're dealing with smthg and then being shown you haven't gotten as far as you thought you had. I hope you can get it under control.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 09:44 PM  
Vantreesta

I forgot I actually have smthg to report for the first time in like a week. This morning I did day 1 of the DoYouYoga Anti Back Pain Yoga series. I intended to do more but it never happened. We had rain and freezing rain almost all day so instead of our nice long morning walk I snuggled in on the couch in my robe under a blanket and wrote in my journal.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-23-20, 01:03 AM  
Helen

SANDY
Christi is my absolute favourite instructor - she puts me in a good mood, the music is good, it's complex and fun. I was so disappointed when she stopped consistently making workouts.
You went hiking and there was a "hard freeze"?!?! I had to look up what that expression meant (suspecting VERY cold) and yes, it's -3C. I love the outdoors, but I'd say no to that.

VANNIE
Super cold & rainy, couch, robe, blanket - that'd be me too. 'Cosy' is one of the BEST words!

BUFF
How's it going? Hope the flare-up has eased for you.

Ah, last posted Tuesday & now it's Friday after work.
so...
Wednesday
90min brisk walk with school
26min, Christi - HiLo Heaven
Was feeling so good after the walk, but overestimated what I could do. Had to concentrate so much on keeping knee tracking forwards (no twist) that ditched the arms, & had Alice offering me her long rope the whole time. We play tug if I'm not doing weights work as my hands are free, but I couldn't concentrate but NEEDED to. Gave up and sulked the rest of the evening.
Thursday
Had a friend we only see every few years visit unexpectedly, so spent hours talking & had a long walk around the harbour as so much has changed since he was here last.
Friday
32min, Cathe - AfterBurn - Mix 2 Express (Intervals 1-5), with buddy
That was enough - getting tired, I've discovered, means more likely to get a knee-wobble happen

My journalling didn't last long - need to start it up again.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 07:55 AM  
Vantreesta

Helen (why does my phone autocorrect to Helena??? ), how nice to have your friend stop by! It feels nice to catch up with people you don't see often. Does Alice do well with visitors? I wish I could do the cozy couch journaling every morning but I already can't seem to fit everything into my days. Maybe I could do once a week. I for sure want to journal more often but the cozy part made me linger and take extra time.

I cannot stop obsessing with Halloween decorations. I may have to put an app timer on Pinterest like I did with Wordscapes. I wasn't feeling tired at all last night so I was up till 2 crafting! I could have gotten a second movie watched in that time but only did the one. I gotta knock this off, the obsession and the staying up way too late.

Old 10-23-20, 09:41 AM  
buffmama

Had a derm apt yesterday. Apparently I had a massive over reaction with possible secondary infection to the first reaction. The doc was very kind and loaded me up to knock it all out - steroids, antibiotics and topical cream. I feel better today and the welts are now just red spots and the blotches are less angry. Sigh. I go back in 2 weeks and we'll talk management for the future in the hopes I can avoid this. Sleep is still tough. Hope it improves as the meds taper. The first 2 doc visits were basically a waste - and here I thought I was doing the right thing. Ahimsa. Om. Took off today from work. Pushed back my HIIT workouts this week but almost ready to resume them. More yoga later.
Old 10-24-20, 09:25 PM  
Vantreesta

The new Cathes came today!

Buff, that sounds miserable. I hope it clears up soon and you can find a way to prevent a recurrence.

Old 10-26-20, 04:57 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
The new Cathes came today!
Mine left Japan today.
Don't worry if Helena pops out - now I know why, it'll make me smile about it (not that it bothered me anyway).

BUFF
Hope you're finding relief and especially that you're able to sleep better. Poor sleep just makes everything worse.

SANDY
How's your butt/hamstring going? Any obvious progress?

Saturday
41min, Cathe - LIS - Cardio Supersets, with buddy
Sunday
Nothing -
My seniors had their FINAL state-wide exam today (Monday) so spent ALL day doing questions they needed help with, clarifying things... At 10pm, told them to go to bed! And it poured down all day, so not even a decent dog-walk - just a quick outing for a poo- she won't go at home any more.
Monday
Poured again all day, and it's COLD with a howling wind. Winter making its last hurrah.
44min, Mindy - Strength Toolbox - Upper Body Mix

Have a great week!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 07:59 AM  
SandyO

November Thread

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=229706

Sandy O
Old 10-27-20, 12:49 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
SANDY
How's your butt/hamstring going? Any obvious progress?
Nothing obvious. Just slow minor improvements, but that's better than backsliding. The only other thing to eliminate is walking, but it really doesn't bother me walking unless I go up steep hills or walk too fast, so I avoid those.

Sandy O
Old 10-27-20, 01:11 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
BUFF
Hope you're finding relief and especially that you're able to sleep better. Poor sleep just makes everything worse.

Have a great week!
Apparently waking at 4 was a consequence of the meds, as was some tummy upset. I started the taper early since I was clear and stopped the antibiotics. Slept like a baby til 6 today. Ahh.. Changed my doc apt to coincide with the new schedule. Cut my work schedule, got raises some other days, stocked up on trashy novels to read. I'm headed in the right direction. Thanks for asking Helen.

To top it off, I went heavy on today's workouts and it felt good. Liked the last 2 pilates band workouts even though I don't usually love band work. Qigong seems to be working out better than meditation since I get to move and focus on my breath. Happily there are lots of short practices on the site posted in GD.

Looking forward to hearing thoughts on Perfect 30 Vannie and Helen. The strength workout sounds like it might be OK but maybe not something I need to purchase.
Sandy Hope the hypermobility workout is a good one.