Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-05-14, 08:30 PM  
Tracyso2

yoga practices like Travis'...?

I wrote a post earlier but no one responded, and I'm assuming it was because of my poor phrasing. But. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions of hour-long flowing vinyasa practices that move quickly, like Travis' (or Rudy's faster-paced ones)? I belong to yogaglo, myyogaonline, udaya & poweryoga.com, if that helps...and already own the usual Bryan Kest/Baron Baptiste/Eoin Finn dvds. Thanks!
Tracyso2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 09:53 PM  
Vee

Have you tried Aashka's Fun Flow and Vinyasaless Vinyasa on udaya? I do UY when I am in the mood for Travis and consciously seek out slower yoga on udaya so I dont have other udaya suggestions.

On DVD, I think Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti and Creative Core Upper Body/Lower Body (I do the Creative Core ones back to back) are similar.

Baron Baptise's Soul of Strength is similar in style to me.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 11:27 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

You might like Jenni Rawlings...I believe the Advanced Vinyasa Flow DVD she has on Amazon is the repackaged Core Power that I have, but not 100% sure on that. There are five practices on that DVD of varying lengths, including a couple of 60-minute ones. I really like her flowing style because it's nicely non-stop balanced sequences, and you SWEAT, but it's quite different from Travis and all.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-14, 05:38 PM  
jhsimpson

Have you taken a look at YOGAWORKS - http://myyogaworks.com ?

I'm hooked on Calvin and Vytas and noticed they have offerings on that site. I've also taken a liking to David and several others on that site.

There is a coupon code that I located on Calvin's FB site: https://www.facebook.com/CalvinCorzineYoga

"use the code MYWCALVIN for a free month of online classes with myself and some of the other great YW teachers."
jhsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-14, 07:38 PM  
Tinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsimpson View Post
Have you taken a look at YOGAWORKS - http://myyogaworks.com ?

I'm hooked on Calvin and Vytas and noticed they have offerings on that site. I've also taken a liking to David and several others on that site.

There is a coupon code that I located on Calvin's FB site: https://www.facebook.com/CalvinCorzineYoga

"use the code MYWCALVIN for a free month of online classes with myself and some of the other great YW teachers."
There's also a groupon for myyogaworks.com. It's $65.00 for a 1 year subscription.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-14, 11:42 AM  
baba

I love myyogaworks.com! I signed up for a number of online yoga sites and this one is the best, most consistent one. Each instructor is excellent!
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-14, 12:29 PM  
Tracyso2

Thanks for the answers thus far, everyone. I actually did sign up for the YogaWorks groupon last week and this reminded me to redeem it! I'm going to check out a Calvin or Vytas practice today. I just wish Travis made more 60-minute classes! And I like his more casual personality in the live ones than I do in the Ultimate Yogi...anyone else?
Tracyso2 is offline   Reply With Quote