Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-20, 06:39 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quick reply.
Punch Gunk. I saw it advertised on an MMA fight I watched a while back.
Punch Gunk Naturally Advanced Pain Relief reduces painful reactions to the strain and stress athletes endure.

Fast Effective Pain Relief
Maximum Bioavailability
Accelerate Recovery
Non Greasy
Rapid Absorption
Penetrates Deep Tissue
Fresh Contemporary Scent

The proprietary Nine Naturals formula combines active natural therapeutic extracts with the power of FDA approved active ingredient Menthol to relieve pain associated with overuse, strains, sprains, swelling and bruising.

Arnica (one of my favs) is an ingredient.

https://punchgunk.com/

Leg is fine. Definitely bruised but I could move it easily.
Today I did flip my Wed/Thurs workouts to rest my leg a little. So Plyo Legs tomorrow.

Shock Cardio MMA Boxing was fun. I had not done this one since 2011!! And I didn't really like it. I did today although I did find it relatively easy. I loved the core work. Since I was short on time it fit the bill this morning.

Yoga was YW365 Modified Warrior. Very basic, pretty short but just what I needed.

I finished off my day with Shovel Max. We got about 5 inches of snow yesterday so I shoveled where hubby couldn't reach with the snow blower. Very heavy wet snow. A definitely workout.

HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 10:35 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Thursday to All!
Perfect 30 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!

Today I did Cathe Live 319- Low Impact Cardio Sweat Plus Core. This workout was a cardio intensive (more steady state) with eight rounds of a light weight segment followed by two low impact cardio segments. All of the moves were very familiar Cathe exercises. I was all set to like this workout until Cathe repeated the weight segments in the second half. I was hoping that she would do all new exercise throughout. She ended the workout with a core segment. It was a decent workout. I rated it 3 stars and put it on my list of “maybe” to do again.

Kate- Snow Max with 5 inches of snow – Oh no! Punch Gunk sounds interesting.

Malinda-
you have quite a workout regime. My husband and I also frequently workout out together.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 05:47 PM  
Malinda

Hi all!

I took a very rare rest day today, as I had an appointment this AM and a busy work day.

Workouts for the previous days have been:

Monday - Turbo Fire Greatest HIITS + LIIFT4 Week 6 Day 1 Chest & Tris circuit
Tuesday - Morning Meltdown 100 Day 11 Cardio. This is a deceptive little workout that can sneak up on you. Not super-intense, but a good sweat. I don't like the weight workouts from MM100, but I've tried a few of the cardio ones and they are fun. And I think Jericho is absolutely adorable.
Wednesday - Insanity warm-up and stretch, + LIIFT4 W6 D2 Back & Bis 50/50 + pull-ups and chin-ups

DH had to have an emergency tooth extraction today; it had just started bothering him last night but it was already starting to abscess. It had a crown on it and the surgeon had a terrible time trying to extract it. Poor guy is feeling pretty low tonight.

Did any of y'all preorder Cathe's Perfect 30? If so, I'll be interested to hear your thoughts! ETA: I just saw that horusosiris is expecting Perfect 30 tomorrow! Yippee!!!

Have a great evening everyone!

Last edited by Malinda; 10-22-20 at 05:48 PM. Reason: I somehow missed horusosiris's reference to Perfect 30!
Malinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 05:57 PM  
Jules

Hey Gals! I am waiting for my son's basketball practice to finish and then I plan to download Cathe's Perfect 30 when we get home! Maybe I'll do the yoga/mobility ones tomorrow!

Yesterday I decided to revisit Ultimate Yogi and did Crosstrain. I have made noticeable flexibility gains since I did this one last month. Today I did UY Vitality which is one of my faves.

horusosiris: Which Perfect 30 do you plan to do first?

Kate: Glad to hear you leg is feeling better! Cathe's MMA Boxing is great! For me, it is a no-dread workout that hits everything in under an hour. The only complaint I have is there are moments when Cathe is giving instructions and everyone stops moving. I just keep jumping around. Also, I do not bother to use tubing for floor markers.

Wow on Shovel Max already! We keep getting snow here too, but thankfully it has been warm enough during the day that it melts, so I have not had to break out the shovel yet. Sounds like we have a winter storm on the way Friday night however. I am scheduled to get my snow tires mounted on Saturday and I think I will drop my car off Friday before the storm hits.

ETA: Hi Malinda! I see we were posting at the same time again. Gotta run here, but I just wanted to say your workouts this week look awesome! Lots of variety and intensity.

Waves to all!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 10:08 PM  
fanofladyvols

The race is on...who will give us a Perfect 30 review first?

horusosiris..or Jules ?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 11:54 AM  
Jules

Happy Friday!

Just did Perfect 30 Mobility, Bonus Flow Core & Yoga. Altogether it was about 74 minutes. I Mobility! This would make a great extended warmup any time. I discovered some new tight spots for sure. Bonus Core was good and not overly tough. I enjoyed the yoga workout, but it is more yoga-inspired than true yoga and did not seem to flow as well as the Mobility workout did. That is my first impression, however, and I could change my mind later.

My favorite part of Perfect 30 Yoga was the first few minutes when Cathe lead a flowing warmup. I will definitely use this as a warmup to other workouts in the future! The music is nice in these and I love the crew's outfits and the background. Wish I had a round mat now!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 06:54 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Friday to All! The weekend is here!

Jules- I am going to try the Mobility workout on Sunday. Thanks for providing your impression of the Perfect 30 Flow workouts.

Malinda- I hope your DH is feeling better. I remember the days that I crushed the Insanity workouts. I was especially proud of myself when I could finally do the Max Plyo workout without stopping.

My DVDs arrived today! I did Perfect 30 High Impact and Perfect 30 Low Impact today. The High Impact workout had many moves that go from standing, to jumping, to the floor and vice versa. This one is definitely HIGH impact and it moves at a brisk pace. My workout gym has aerobic flooring and with this workout I am glad that I have it. The music was just blah. This workout is okay and it has a low fun factor for me. I would rate it ADVANCED.

The Low Impact workout was a walk in the park. Honestly, it felt almost like a beginner or maybe very low intermediate workout. It was fun though! Cathe took more rest in this one than in the high impact workout. She must have filmed this one after she had already filmed another workout that day. The music in this one is also just okay. For almost all of the moves she said to ignore the beat. I wonder why she just did not pick music that utilized the rhythm of her workout? I miss the days of Cathe workouts with great music. I hardly ever notice music unless it is very good or very bad and with these two workouts, I noticed the music. The next time I do these I will use the audio option of no music and Cathe's voice only. I can think of some interesting mixes to do with these workouts. The next time I may make my own mix or use one of the mish mosh mixes that utilizes both of the workouts.
I previewed the Perfect Pump workouts. I may do them tomorrow. Cathe's weight selections are intermediate and the workouts look intermediate so I will probably do them back to back.

The Perfect 30 User's Guide is now posted and I am going to explore it tomorrow. Perhaps there is a good rotation that mixes Perfect 30 with another series that I may do.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 12:18 PM  
Malinda

Hi FitChicks!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far. We had a cool front blow in yesterday afternoon and it is in the high 40s here today, which is pretty chilly for us! We live in a breezy old farm house (in town), and once it gets cold, it stays cold. The kittens were extra-snuggly last night.

We spent Saturday re-doing our workout room floor. We bought new puzzle mats and they are now wall-to-wall, where before we had a few areas without them. The room seems so much bigger now!

Workouts:

Friday: Core de Force MMA Kick Butt
Saturday: LIIFT4 W6 D3 - Shoulder Intervals
Sunday: Breathless Body w/ DH
Monday: I was supposed to do LIIFT4 W6 D4 - Legs, but after doing an Insanity warmup, my back felt really tight, so I just did Turbo Fire Lower 20
Today: Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast - I used light weights because my back is still tight. This is a fun workout and I need to remember to do it more often.

Not much else going on around here.
Old 10-27-20, 02:36 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinda View Post
Hi FitChicks!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far. We had a cool front blow in yesterday afternoon and it is in the high 40s here today, which is pretty chilly for us! We live in a breezy old farm house (in town), and once it gets cold, it stays cold. The kittens were extra-snuggly last night.

We spent Saturday re-doing our workout room floor. We bought new puzzle mats and they are now wall-to-wall, where before we had a few areas without them. The room seems so much bigger now!

Workouts:

Friday: Core de Force MMA Kick Butt
Saturday: LIIFT4 W6 D3 - Shoulder Intervals
Sunday: Breathless Body w/ DH
Monday: I was supposed to do LIIFT4 W6 D4 - Legs, but after doing an Insanity warmup, my back felt really tight, so I just did Turbo Fire Lower 20
Today: Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast - I used light weights because my back is still tight. This is a fun workout and I need to remember to do it more often.

Not much else going on around here.
Malinda how great that you have a workout room! Wow!! Nice to be able to have the puzzle mats all over too. I got a warm fuzzy feeling reading that your cats were extra snuggly. IMO that's one of the best things ever - love, love, love having a cat on my lap. My husband isn't a huge fan of cats so they're not allowed in our bedroom, but I crave having them on my lap.

I'm hoping my Cathe Perfect30 DVDs arrived today. I don't usually have to wait this long for Cathe pre-orders but our mail service has gone down hill.
Old 10-27-20, 03:10 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey all. Sorry to be MIA. More busy days...funny how working part time and I feel like I'm busier.

I got my Perfect 30 dvds yesterday! (Mon) I ordered all three and have been reading some reviews and ready to try them out.
I'm excited but I really do have to finish out this week of STS Meso 3. Last week.

All the P30 reviews so far sound pretty good. I'll probably be doing that next week instead of starting ICE.
I think I am going to do the longest premixes and planning on doing each DVD twice.

Not sure where I left off posting but I actually did not do any workout yesterday. I babysat by stepdaughter's 6 year old and she had home schooling too so I was grandma/teacher yesterday. It was cool. She had online gym class via ZOOM and we did all kinds of calisthenics, including burpees and pushups! For first graders!

Today started the last week of Meso 3. I did STS Meso 3 Disk 34 - Chest and Back. You're supposed to use the same weights as last week which is 90% of your one rep max. But instead of 6 reps, you do 8.
Couldn't do it with the same weights. I was trying to hold two dumbells plus plate mates and my grip just couldn't do it. I also did not want to drop any weights on my face, so I backed off by 5lbs. Still very challenging.
Interestingly enough, my log notes said the same thing last time I did this...I had to drop weights.

Yoga was from Power Yoga and Tracey Goldman Hips & Rainbows. Super nice!! Little challenge, lots of good stretches.

Be empowered but smile!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote